Sign in to follow this  
nuune

WE STUCK WITH OLD CROOKS

nuune   

anyone wonder why we stuck with old somali singers, aren't there new talentedd young singers?

it is time the old fannaaniins to step down, almost every nation has more new comers every year, but that is not us, all we see is old fannaaniin singing old songs day by day,

anigu middaas baan la yaabay, ma fannaaniintii duqowday miyaa u sabab ah oo ayaga miyaana rabinba inay soo baxaan fannaaniin yaryaroo cussub, mise anaga ayaa rabna kuwan duqoobay oo daba niqleeneeno illaa ay ka gaarayaan 89 jir ama cajjuusoobaan, kolleey kuwa aan arkay cajjuusnimo way dhaafeen oo 60ka iyo 70ka ayey dareen,

that is just my opinion on how i see this issue, we need new comers, and in order to achieve that, we need the old one's to step down

that is just my opinion on how i see this issue, we need new comers, and in order to achieve that, we need the old one's to step down

You want our old and precious singers to step down? and whose going into fit into their shoes...anyone worthy or talented enough to do so? debateable.

A better suggestion would have been why don't our talented and established singer lend a hand to our new emerging singers...fliter them through and aid the true talented ones along the learning process. Just a thought.

Nowadays everyone is a fanaan... come to think of it so am I..my voice ain't too bad :D , thats a thought maybe I should go global?..

Blessed   

^^lol. girl. Bal aan ku maqalnee .. hees yaroo macaan noogu dhufo ;)

Nuune, I agree about Odayaasha and Islaamah needing to step down.. we got tehir tapes - so they should just go and cibaadeystaan inta u hadhay.

But I think there are quite a few fresh talent back home - espcially in Jabouti - there are some really good new fanaans with fresh material emerging these days... you just got to get yourself some hook-ups from back home :D

mansha allah- we got some hectic abwaans on the rise too- it's just a matter of time and our willingness to recognise them....

p.s crooks is a big word saxib-- not nice to speak of our elders - who've served for many decades like that- ceeb dee, ka qalee dadka!

...hees macaan? Ameenah are you dropping hints to be my promoter? i'll hire you if you are willing to take 1.5% of every performance. Minimum wage don't apply here darlin.... icon_razz.gif

On a more serious note - you are right, there are some talented people out there. We are in short supply of new materials though. We need songwriters to merge out of the woodworks.

Saalixa   

nuune,

walaal we need more intelligent, intellectual youths, not singers, who can raise up the flag of ISLAM and do somethin to help our people,,,such docters and nurses to heal and cure the sick, engineers to build our roads and infrustrutural, providing all facilities to our diposal, and most importantly teachers, as you know the literacy rate of our people back insomali,,,man we are so not progressing!that makes me wanna shout.

so i wouldnt exactely encourage the yuoths to take singing as a career like those old fellas who have nothing else to change to so remain in the industry. Sad ain;t it? simply not worth the time and effort.

Gediid   

Nuune

Its actually the new ones whom I seriously think are the crooks.They only know how to plagiarize beautiful songs....

nuune   
rayaana, i agree with you, thanks for correcting me, i really appreciate that, qofkii khaldan in la saxo waa qeeb ka mida wanaaga.

Haaruun   

Nuune ragi waa ragii hore hadalna waa intuu yiri...well I agree with the 2nd one....Todays men can't come up with 2 lines to make a song..there are 100s of young pple with great voices; since they can't make their own songs, they have no choice but to steel...thus, this makes them crooks,

Salaan...

Nuune, the other day I went to this ruwaayad, and those singers you call "crooks" were singing--gasp, gasp--these words, literally:

Hal Banooni: Bac

Hal Baaquli: Bash

Dooro Kaliifkeed, Meeyli Aamee??: Muuuuuuufo

And I thought for a second that "diiq maxaas yiri: kuuku; dooro maxaas tiri: kiki" were classic lines. :D

Jaaw.

nuune   

haaruun,yeah u can say that,maybe the new one's can't come up with new songs, but stealing is part of our culture when it comes to songs :D

MMA,LOL, war maxaad tiri,they said that on riwaayad, that is disgusting man, i remember those beautiful lines you wrote when i was young,and we used to sing it whenever we see a lady passing by,