Sign in to follow this  
umu zakaria

Gallstones

SA,

Ramadan Kariim,

i was wondering has anyone in SOL had gallstones, gallbladder attacks or had their gallbladder removed!

i was recently diagnosed with some tiny stones and would not like surgery so i hear Gall and liver flushings work, i mean get stones out! has anyone tried?

do you anyone who has tried other alternatives other than surgery?

thanks

ZOLA   

i work in a hospital and have seen few people who have had gallstones removed. if the stones are small enough, they will try to dissolve them so that they pass can when u urinate...another option is surgery..mostly its a same day surgery where u get to home the same day. the Dr cuts a small hole for instruments to go through and dissolves the stones...its a less invasive procedure.

good luck sis.

zola mine r 6mm long and few not that many as of now, surgery creeps me out, my doc said wait n see so tell me about the disolving that sounds better.

thanks andromeda

Ibtisam   

umu Zak:

Uric acid stones are amenable to medical treatment. But first have a KUB x-ray, if the stones are visible the X-ray this means that they are calcium containing and they need treatment by ureteroscopy (surgery). If they do not show up on the X-ray and prove to be radio lucent then they could be treated by drinking plenty of fluid and alkalisation of the urine with medication, your doctor can adivse you on this.

It is not a big problem, very common.

Salam

Ghanima i havent found out what type thy r yet, but here they mainy remove the whole gallbladder and it is scary. i want remain intact insha Allah

i will check it with my doc.

thx 4 d advice

Kool_Kat   

I just now cancelled my sugery to have my galbladder removed...They said I have one stone, but that is it...No other info...

And when the doc explained the symptoms of gallstones, I didn't have any of them...So I figured, I'll wait untill I get the pain again and then go to the Hospital...If surgery is needed they'll do it then...

Besides, I had the first attack when I was 7months pregnant, about a year and half ago; the second attack wasn't until recently about a month ago...And the pain is not that bad...It is not like in aan rabo inaan dhulka seexdo xanuun dartiis...

Good luck walaalo...

i had my first attack 2 months after delivery n mine was inflamed little by blood results showed considerable normality 2 weeks lator n doc says ur stones r coused by pregnancy so no need 4 treatments just inaan dheefta iska yareeyo, GOD i love animal products hilibkana waaban ku dhintaa.

Kool kat i pray u dont get anymore attacks insha Allah aniga dhulkaan ku raftay.