Sign in to follow this  
SeeKer

Turn Ons: Brains?

SeeKer   

I was just curious on how many of us find brains to be sexy. What priority is it when you are selecting a mate? Is it even a priority?

I remember when I was writing my senior paper on flamingos and what factors they take into consideration when choosing a mate, I read a ton of studies on birds. Here is an example.

Brainy male birds are more sexually attractive to female birds, scientists have discovered.

Researchers gave male bowerbirds a set of cognitive tests to evaluate their problem solving ability.Bowerbirds that performed well in the tests also mated with the most females, when compared with their more stup!d rivals.

This is the first study to show that males who are better problem solvers also mate with more females.

Scientists studied satin bowerbirds (Ptilonorhynchus violaceus) living in the forest just south of Brisbane in Australia.Bowerbirds are famous for their complex courtship behaviour and construction of elaborate bowers considered by some to be a true natural wonder.

Bowers consist of intricate structures built out of sticks that take the birds hours to create.

Males will decorate these structures with colourful objects including flowers and even bottle tops. Female bowerbirds visit the bowers and then select a mate.

"Bowerbirds are the kind of birds that make you realise that bird brain should be a compliment," says Jason Keagy of the University of Maryland, US, who led the research, which is published in the journal Animal Behaviour.

The research team wanted to find out if male cognitive performance played an important role in sexual attractiveness.

Due to the complex nature of the birds' mating ritual, scientists suspected there may be an advantage to birds that are more intelligent.

Read Full Article Here

This time around I am more interested in homo sapiens. :D

Haatu   

Originally posted by SeeKer:

This time around I am more interested in homo sapiens.
:D

I heard a guy who likes to change his name a lot and is now called Mr-hebel is an excellent problem solver. :D Maybe you ought a check him out ;)

Originally posted by *hatu*:

^^Me noooo, I'm a good boy
;)

I thought you were a girl.

Malika   

^I agreed. smile.gif

It should be a number one priority,me think! I mean no matter how rich,or good looking one is if they haven't got the ability to sustain a decent conversation with hints of intellectualism..it wont do..Brains plus a sense of humour is priceless!..Lol

SeeKer   

Originally posted by General Duke:

Is sex itself not in the brain? i.e. all the physical action is nothing we get most of the joy up in the brain.
:D

First off you grace as with your presence. :D Second of all I wasn't speaking in terms of sex per se but attraction. What we value in the opposite sex and in what tier does brain fall in.

Malika thank you for your response. A follow up Q would be, does matter if he is smarter than you or does he just have to be at your level?

Sex, attraction, the urge, love , passion call it what ever you want it is in the brain. We get programmed as human beings and we follow that programm. For example why do our fathers like a woman with a bit if weight, yet the younger generation are looking for a slimmer ladies?

If you are talking about intellect , then there is no doubt that humour, a good convo can be more stimulating than just good looks. After all who likes a dumb blonde? Her allure wears of in no time.

Any mistake I make is my own and the I phone is to blame if you don get my drift.

""This is the first study to show that males who are better problem solvers also mate with more females. ""

well,sxb ,during my academic years,we were given tons of problems to solve them on time.and we had to struggle to finish them before the deadline and those problem solving skills i learned all those years didnt help me get more "MUR" than the average faarahs i tell you dude. ;)

Haatu   

Originally posted by G G:

quote:Originally posted by *hatu*:

^^Me noooo, I'm a good boy
;)

I thought you were a girl.
What gave you that idea.

Seeker that's just harsh :D

Malika   

Originally posted by SeeKer:

Malika
thank you for your response. A follow up Q would be, does matter if he is smarter than you or does he just have to be at your level? [/QB]

I think my level and above is alright,no problem with a man smarter then me..,as long as he is not a Geek[self observed/obsessed intellectual]. A witty/clever man about town is just right..Lol