Sign in to follow this  
koonfur

Got virus?

koonfur   
The new virus "Blaster" is massively infecting computers around the world. This new virus targets windows OS(operating systems). This virus is intended to attack Microsoft systems. If you are windows user, you are likely to get the virus. So Why are these guys after Microsoft?

X   

I am not a Windows user (I am a Linux/BSD user), but can think of many reasons why Microsoft's platform is frequently targeted and attacked.

Microsoft is an evil monopolist corporation. Microsoft is charging about $60 for Windows XP Pro + Office XP (both full, not upgrades) in Thailand, while they charge you several hundred dollars for same product. They are doing that so to kill Thailand's adoption of OSS (Open Source Software; Linux/BSD) on a wide scale, which could become contagious to neighboring countries and further worldwide.

This is the kind of practice Microsoft engages in; it has killed hundreds software companies just to keep its dominance of the world's software market. Microsoft has been shipping crappy products since the days of DOS; it caused its customers the loss of $billions in fixing and upgrading products that crash and freeze frequently.

So, if a corporation is squeezing you and driving you out of business, what do you do? You resort to Guerilla tacticts by making your enemy's product unstable and prone to easy attacks. I am not saying those companies driven out of business are attacking Microsoft. The fact that the bulk of hackers and programmers hate Microsoft's practices and license (EULA) is sufficient to warrant frequent attacks against Windows. It's not only easy to write code that easily eats Windows; Windows (as an OS) itself is unstable because it's closed source, and there are too many protective codes (protecting it from being "opened") that make it very unstable. The relative "stableness" you see in Windows 2000 and XP was reached by applying uncountable Linux/BSD codes (free codes) into it.

I can go on explaining the many other reasons; but this is sufficient, I guess.

koonfur   

I agree with you X that Microsoft&reg is a giant company and It is rulling the whole software market but that does not give other unsuccessfull software businesses the right to attack Microsoft&reg just because it dominates the market.

LOL@X so tru bro but we shouldn't hate on them man even thou they are monoploist but hey they makin money man !!!!

ps; i agree with you nuthing is betta then lynx!*LONG LIVE REDHATA AND GNU*

koonfur   

Hey Conspiracy, I'm not defending Microsoft but what I'm saying is that the company(Microsoft) is not been impacted by the virus. It is the users that pay the price. Now is that fair? NO! By the way, Lnx, mac and other OSs are next in the line. So, don't feel so safe.

This virus is really a pain in the a@@!. Norton can detect this virus but it cant remove it!. The blaster virus interferes with the Internet Explorer. I think it has been set up by them so that they can create more publicity!

Peace

Cont

koonfur   

No. I don't think Microsoft will do such a thing because it only hurts them. Do you know how much $$$/customers Microsoft lost? So, why in the world did you suspect Continental Batchelor, that Microsoft created the virus?

nafta   

i think it was absolutely stup!d to design a virus like that, it wiped all my work off the computer because everything had to be installed again. i think if people are really that jealous or vicious about microsoft doing good, then they should come up with other tactics than just to blast a virus wildly, i think its inconsiderate and highly egoistic to do such a thing. i mean i dont give damn what their dispute is with microsoft but they should also consider the millions of ppl worldwide making use of the software. a bunch of hooligans altogether if you ask me, ppl should just get a life and find something better and much more productive to do with their time cuz that was just sensless. so what if microsoft makes big bucks, thats just because it was the first company (if im right)to come up with this amazing and convenient software we make use of nowadays...bloody hell :mad:

WARNING ABOUT A NEW VIRUS CALLED BAGEL!!

NEW YORK (AP) - A new Internet virus was spreading fast throughout Asia, Australia and Europe but computer security experts were divided on the seriousness of the threat from the "Bagle" worm, and reckoned home users were most at risk.

Experts expected some impact in the United States when people returned to work Tuesday after a holiday weekend.

The "Bagle" or "Beagle" worm arrives in an e-mail with the subject "hi" and the word "test" in the message body. If the accompanying attachment is executed, the worm is unleashed and tries to send itself to all e-mails listed in the user's address book.

Sometimes the attachment is designed to look like a Microsoft calculator, said David Perry, spokesman for antivirus software firm Trend Micro Inc.

The virus only affects machines running Microsoft Windows operating systems.

"It's clumsy," Perry said from Lake Forest, Calif., adding that most people knew better than to click on an attached calculator: "I don't get e-mails with calculators in it, do you?"

The worm started spreading on Monday and most corporations have already protected themselves against it, Perry said.

Carey Nachenberg, chief architect of Symantec Research Labs in Cupertino, Calif., said home users, not corporations, were most at risk because companies had protected themselves quickly.

"We could see this fizzle out in several days," Nachenberg said. "Or we could also see a lot of people infected" if they don't update their antivirus software