Sign in to follow this  
Rayyan

What you're is What you eat and What you read!

Rayyan   

If they said what you are: is what you eat and what you read, now tell me. smile.gif

Which book you're reading nowadays? Am finished now - Ann of Green Gables - a popular canadian literary book for all ages -a facinating story. of an orphange and school children!

InshaAllah my next book will be Mohammed Asad's(reverted muslim writer/journalist,from european jewish family and the author of Road to Mecca - his translation of Qur'aan Al karim, still i didnt get it but i will InShaAllah.

'

'

''

''''

''''''

NGONGE   

Originally posted by cynical lady:

None of your freaking business.

Said the young chubby lady as she guiltily covered her erotic novel with a pizza box.....

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

:D:D
,,, erotic novel ,,,

The Empress' New Lingerie and other erotic Fairy Tales: Bed-time Stories for Grown-ups. Is that what you meant?

I'll start reading Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco very soon. I can't remember the last non-academic book I read for enjoyment. A relative of mine reads those simplified novels for learners of English and I've read quite a few out of boredom. But they don't count. I think the last book I read was Bartleby & Co. by Enrique Vila-Matas. A very sophisticated book about the impossibility of writing, full of anecdotes of famous and other lesser known writers (the title comes from Herman Melville's [Moby Dick] short story Bartleby). I even managed to discover a few great writers because of that sleek book.

Rayyan   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

What i eat ?? ,,, too many stuff i tell ya

what i read ? ,, variety of books, most of them are academic ,,,

Macalin Jacayl, I never got interested what we eat, obviouly that blue smoke,rising,curling in the air like a mist in a morning from Isku-Dhex-Karis is palatable par excellence - not sure about its nutritional value. dont mention the laxoox with goat's ghee ... downed with a cup of shaah caanoole, suqaar and the rest. no question about that.

The question isn't from marketing research either as no marketing value is in there, the question is how can a failed Pirate learn from his enlightned peers. smile.gif

:D @ Said the young chubby lady as she guiltily covered her erotic novel with a pizza box....

Chocalato and honey:

the woman didnt find God but she found a brazilian lover, someone gave me the book and said it will be a major motion picture, I just read and saw a confused self-exiled middle class professional writer her life became empty cos of loveless marriage and outside-marriage-love-affairs, ended-up toiling indian temples and bumming Bali beaches, as she cashes her royalty monies of her books in New York, so much so as funny as she can get talking to God as a friend and a counsellor: Hi God how are am Liz, nice to meet you, then she heard God says - go back to bed Liz.... crazy woman. but you must like her style of writing, detailed and funny. nice read but am not her fan.

2+2=5 Share with us how it fairs that:Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco,before i spend my little dinar on it.

Where is the Guru's let us hear from you! or no Guru - the dead of a Guru :cool:

Chocalato and honey:

the woman didnt find God but she found a brazilian lover, someone gave me the book and said it will be a major motion picture, I just read and saw a confused self-exiled middle class professional writer her life became empty cos of loveless marriage and outside-marriage-love-affairs, ended-up toiling indian temples and bumming Bali beaches, as she cashes her royalty monies of her books in New York, so much so as funny as she can get talking to God as a friend and a counsellor: Hi God how are am Liz, nice to meet you, then she heard God says - go back to bed Liz.... crazy woman. but you must like her style of writing, detailed and funny. nice read but am not her fan.

I'm a sucker for quick-witted, good writing. Her marriage wasnt loveless; it was just one of those situations where she did what she "supposed" to, which is go to college, get married, rear children, yada yada. The beauty of the book is it's detailed depiction of the emptiness one feels and one is Godless. She could've spent her royalty money on anything but chose to search for God, inner peace and harmoney.