Sign in to follow this  
Polanyi

The battle of ideologies part 2.

Polanyi   

All the pseudo nationalists complain about how Somalis have become too Arabised and how the Wahabi devils are destroying the "fabric" of Somali society. But why doesn't anybody complain about "niggerised"( thanks to Marx) and skinny jeanised cato- effeminate Somalis? I see this as a clear sign of double standards. No problemo with your future wife wearing some wedding dress with her tits half-showing? Since when was wedding dress or doing criminal dances to jamaican jungle at weddings part of SOmali culture? :D But there is a problem with jalabeeb because it is " Arabised". The Gothites( ala Bashir) get disturbed when they see Somali schools in Somalia teaching Arabic, yet there is no issue with English.I can list many examples. But i'll stop it here.

Abtigiis   

Anti-arabi is not the characterstics of nationalists. It is the characterstics of atheists, agnostics, gays and those who harbour all kinds of pervert practices. One can speak ill of Arabs (as indeed we do as any other community), but to hate Arabi in Somalia is clearly to be anti-Islam.

There may be exceptions and myself I like Somali names to take precednce over Luqmaan and fulaan's but there is no logic in not teaching my children Carabi if there is an opportunity to do so.

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tusbax:

One can speak ill of Arabs (as indeed we do as any other community)

- Cudud ma leh col kula weerar gala, ciidan iyo xooge

- Inkastey cid kuu soo diraan, waa cidloo kale

- Caloosha iyo madaxay sidii, dumar cantuugaane

- Maandhoow cayaayirka iga daa, Carabi waa naage

Sayid Maxamed Cabdulla Xasan. :D

I wonder - if the Palestinians know of this poem?

So it is either clubbing women on the head and forcing Jalbaab down their throat or celebrating women showing their tits through their wedding gowns? This kind of thinking is where Al-Shaydaan went wrong to begin with.

Yes, we are Muslims. No, we aint arabs. And yeah, as mind blowing as it'll sound to you, there is a MIDDLE ground. For instance, I can oppose to both; the tit show AND the whole enslavery era we just entered in our own F-king country! LEARN HOW TO WALK IN THE MIDDLE.

Polanyi   

Originally posted by chocolate & honey:

So it is either clubbing women on the head and forcing Jalbaab down their throat or celebrating women showing their tits through their wedding gowns?

Who gave this choice: you or me? ( i mean, you seem like you are putting words on my typer) :D

You did or you dont know what you wrote! You said how come the Nationalist dont condemn naagaha is qaawiya and those sin filled weddings(which by the way is the pull point of any organized thugz, like a moth to a fire, they're forever busy with women's underwear)but they condemn jalbaabka. And I answered, it is not EITHER and OR situation.

Maadeey,

You know Jalbaab ma diidi kari, balse waxaan diidanahay Nimankan is ka the gatekeepers for Allah Subxanahu watacaala, oo bilaabay inay sidi malaaigti to keep track of who did what. And women are the object of their hate.

Abtigiis   

C&H,

Ma diidi karo is not the same as Ma diidani. I understand how hard it is for you to say it, but you don't like Jilbaab. Not that I find that particulary unislamic, I don't like it either. Laakin, when you hide behind the mistakes of the Alshabab to run away from your religious obligations, it bothers me. You need to do the CARA way sometimes. Is cadde oo dhiiro.

I don't like Jilbaab, but I don't like naagaha isqaawiya either. Dirac iyo garbasaar will do for me.

Polanyi   

You did or you dont know what you wrote! You said how come the Nationalist dont condemn naagaha is qaawiya and those sin filled weddingsbut they condemn jalbaabka.

Yes, I know what I wrote and did say that. But I didn't say it was a choice between that and " clubbing Somali females in the head". That was your own assumption. OK. redface.gif

Ma diidi karo is not the same as Ma diidani. I understand how hard it is for you to say it, but you don't like Jilbaab.

Umm...where did I say I dont like Jalbaab? Jalbaab MA DIIDIN. Waxaan diiday is Burka and even Burka if a woman chooses to wear it, I'm more than happy for her as long as it is not promoted as THE only choice for women who want to cover up!

Not that I find that particulary unislamic, I don't like it either. Laakin, when you hide behind the mistakes of the Alshabab to run away from your religious obligations, it bothers me. You need to do the CARA way sometimes. Is cadde oo dhiiro.

How did I hide behind Al-Shabaab? Can you specify? How do you know I dont fullfill my religious obligations? War balo!

I don't like Jilbaab, but I don't like naagaha isqaawiya either. Dirac iyo garbasaar will do for me.

Karyle, I have a suspicion that you didnt want a discussion here. You wanted to point fingers and say look: these Nationalists are ********** of gaalo if not why dont they condemn naagaha qaawan instead of naagaha Jalbaabka lagu tumayo. And if that was your intention, DO CARRY ON!

B   

Karl my dearest, you are right. Hip-hopisation is on the increase. Our people need to define their own destiny and not fall for the fallacy of the white man. These hip-hop people are the work of the white devil. He wants to portray the black man in a negative light. We are not all murderers, criminals and foolish? this is what the hip hop creators want to make our people.

Polanyi   

quote:Ma diidi karo is not the same as Ma diidani. I understand how hard it is for you to say it, but you don't like Jilbaab.

Umm...where did I say I dont like Jalbaab? Jalbaab MA DIIDIN. Waxaan diiday is Burka and even Burka if a woman chooses to wear it, I'm more than happy for her as long as it is not promoted as THE only choice for women who want to cover up!

Not that I find that particulary unislamic, I don't like it either. Laakin, when you hide behind the mistakes of the Alshabab to run away from your religious obligations, it bothers me. You need to do the CARA way sometimes. Is cadde oo dhiiro.

How did I hide behind Al-Shabaab? Can you specify? How do you know I dont fullfill my religious obligations? War balo!

Karyle, I have a suspicion that you didnt want a discussion here. You wanted to point fingers and say look: these Nationalists are ********** of gaalo if not why dont they condemn naagaha qaawan instead of naagaha Jalbaabka lagu tumayo. And if that was your intention, DO CARRY ON!
I want to have a discussion. But this discussion has nothing whatsoever to do with Women being forced to wear jalabeeb. Why do you insist on making it one and incorrectly implying that I gave two binary choices?

The Somalis I am referring to dislike jalabeeb when Alshabab forces it and when it is worn voluntarily. So recent Alshabab policies in far away Southern Somalia is irrelevant here. Alshabab is also a recent phenomena and we need not interject them into every single issue. I can remember Bashir Goth writing anti-hijab articles about this issue, albeit from the other perspective, way before Alshabab was even created. So, for the twentieth time: nobody is saying there is a choice semi naked women and clubbing women for not wearing jalabeeb.

Secondly, this discussion is not simply about women, as the anti-Islamic folks like Bashir goth hate on various kinds of Islamic practices and attire worn by men and women alike. My Question still stands: what is the difference between the erosion of traditional Somali culture by Westernisation and the erosion of it by so called " Arabisation"?

Is there Westernization phenomena going on in Somalia? I don't see any parallel on the two things you are comparing. If you are talking about Somalis here in the west, maybe you have a case.

Is there Westernization phenomena going on in Somalia? I don't see any parallel on the two things you are comparing. If you are talking about Somalis here in the west, maybe you have a case.

Exactly my point. Are you comparing Somalis in the west and the cultural deterioration to that of the Somalis living back home and what you called "Arabization"? If yes, you're comparing apples to oranges as people fall all over the spactrum. For instance, there are people who live in the west who cling on to everything Arab to stay close to the religion. There are also people who live back home who cling to Western values and what they call Modernization. Which brings me to a valuable point: FREEDOM TO CHOOSE as long as aadan faafineyn fusuq!