Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

'Sister Wives': TLC's Polygamist Family Asks Us To 'Rethink Marriage'

Ismalura   

Isn't it more wise to be the second wife of a smart, rich, good-looking guy than the first wife of a none-too-bright, poor, unattractive man?

It may be Prometheus...but than we can be the only wife of a smart, rich, good looking guy ;)

Aniga waaba yaabanahay. When did the TLC (The Learning Channel last I knew) became a tabloid fodder TV channel.

For a decade this channel ma fiirsan, but the past couple of months fiirsaday and wax badan iga dambeeye. Every show seems like ciyaal ciyaal show. There is little people 'reality' show; there is a family with their 19 kids or so around; another family with eight kids that are set twins; one about filthy living people. And then there are the cake show, wedding dress show, female prison show...

Whatever happened to 'learning' the true, interesting stuff that is also mature.

I remember watching a program a while back about a secret society (polygamy) in California. It was from BBC if I remember correctly or was it Channel 4.

It was all about men with different wifes and so many kids, there were totally segregated society living on their own.

Ismalura   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

Aniga waaba yaabanahay. When did the TLC (The Learning Channel last I knew) became a tabloid fodder TV channel.

For a decade this channel ma fiirsan, but the past couple of months fiirsaday and wax badan iga dambeeye. Every show seems like ciyaal ciyaal show. There is little people 'reality' show; there is a family with their 19 kids or so around; another family with eight kids that are set twins; one about filthy living people. And then there are the cake show, wedding dress show, female prison show...

Whatever happened to 'learning' the true, interesting stuff that is also mature.

MMA sounds to me like you watch it a lot more than you would admit LOL ! :D

Originally posted by Ismalura:

Isn't it more wise to be the second wife of a smart, rich, good-looking guy than the first wife of a none-too-bright, poor, unattractive man?

It may be Prometheus...but than we can be the only wife of a smart, rich, good looking guy
;)

Since when did women chose good looks over money! Remember even in heaven, Eve played around with dude who had the more materials...!

so as history shows, women always go for the material thangs than good looks. Its just their nature.

Ismalura   

Originally posted by rudy-Diiriye:

quote:Originally posted by Ismalura:

It may be Prometheus...but than we can be the only wife of a smart, rich, good looking guy
;)

Since when did women chose good looks over money! Remember even in heaven, Eve played around with dude who had the more materials...!

so as history shows, women always go for the material thangs than good looks. Its just their nature.
Rudy horta you need to re-read the story of creation coz you totally got it wrong about Xaawo/Eve...

And not all the women would trade of everything for money....No amount of money can comsate for foolxumada qaar oon arkay (istaaqfurulaah)

I can make my own money so I would rather have a handsome man but than, Like I said before, we can have a guy who is rich,handsome and monogamous lol ! Seriously, a girl can only hope...

Ismalura   

Originally posted by rudy-Diiriye:

quote:Originally posted by Ismalura:

;)

Rudy horta you need to re-read the story of creation coz you totally got it wrong about Xaawo/Eve...

And not all the women would trade of everything for money....No amount of money can comsate for foolxumada qaar oon arkay (istaaqfurulaah)

I can make my own money so I would rather have a handsome man but than, Like I said before, we can have a guy who is rich,handsome and monogamous lol ! Seriously, a girl can only hope...

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

Three Wives and Girlfriend all under one roof
:D

Just thinking how their kids will turn out.

Nothing new, some families lived like that in Somalia, if not the same roof, they were next door to one another, way before I heard of TLC...Of course, minus the girlfriend...

It is a shame on the man's part for not having the common decency to separate and keep the two/three families away from one another...Weyna ku fiicantahay any woman to be disrespected in such manner...Bad enough in naag kale laga raacay ama lala guursaday, isku guriyaa hadana? Xashac! Tan gadaal ka timidna weyba sii ogolaanee? double xashac iyo nus!!!

Juxa   

i have seen somali men married legally to one (not out of option they had to sponsor her into the UK) but the second or third has no legal rights, at best she is common law partner!

diinta sow ma qabto recognitionka marriageka inu public ahaado, caruurtana public acknowledgement lagu sameeyo?

LOL@ buuxo

Serenity - The title of the thread suggest incestuous relations doesn’t it?

There is big difference between the words sister and sisterly

Malika - is Xiin the only polygamist in SOL?

Xiin is the only one overt about his aspiring ambitions to be a polygamist.

There are many covert ones though.

Sayid, thats probably it. It just sounds so wrong!