Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

THE MAN WHO GETS FAT DURING RAMADAN

Abtigiis   

The man who gets fat during Ramadan

Whether Tennessee Williams believes his creation ‘Birds in a cage accept each other, but flight is what they long for’ is entirely his prerogative. But, if the insinuations are, marriage couples tolerate each other but, at any given time, the heart of one or the other wishes to flirt and explore the outside, it is not valid with Luuntire Dayib. He married Ruqiya-Nooc four years ago, amid controversy over the legality of the marriage and threats of death against him by those who felt they were robbed off their widow. Under the guise of ‘dumaal-ship’, the entire scramble was about the wealth her deceased husband left her which the Tolka wanted to retain.

So, when the twenty seven year old Axmed married a fifty year old woman, it raised lots of suspicions. But Luuntire knows he is in it, not to inherit wealth or for any other sinister motive. The last time he talked to me about his wife, he couldn’t finish the piles of praises he heaped on her.

“Look at me”, he said. “Look at me, today! And compare my looks to the one you saw when we first met.” We met five years ago, a year before his marriage. “Didn’t I look like the roof of a grain-mill house, back then?” He told me that he loves his wife so much and that she cares about him the same way. “In the morning, it is always goat’s liver and ciir sonkor leh for breakfast. Seldom did I not eat meat (usually garab or feedho) at lunch, and for dinner, I get everything from Digir to Baasto, from Kaluun to Ukun . And of course the mandatory Caano lo’aad ”! Her love never ends there and she always insists that I eat Doolsho along with Casariya tea.”

Although many people ridiculed him for expressing his love purely in food terms, some questioning if it is for nutritional considerations that he is in it; he knew that the food part is the consequence of the love. For him, it was a cause and effect matter.

But, even by his standards, something kept everybody bothering. That he gets fat during the Ramadan. Whenever the holy month of Ramadan dawns on us, Luuntire starts exuding confidence and a sense of impatience that it arrives sooner. By his own admission, there is nothing that pleased him more than the chants of 'marxab marxab yaa ramadaan'; and he used to insist that it is the whole routine of the fasting season that he likes. His wife also makes additional arrangements to ensure he doesn’t lose any kilos. Or so he tells us. All People, even those who peddled cheap rumours on how he is a man who married for food, admired his wife for her handling of him during the Ramadan. Some men went as far as questioning their wives, why it is not possible that they learn the art of keeping husbands intact from Ruqiyo-Nooc.

Everybody envied him, until Ali-dheere, that wanderer boy, found Luuntire stuffing his mouth with Canjeero and roasted meat in the middle of the Ramadan in ‘Geetooch’ (the lord) Restaurant, owned by our Axmaar friend- Binyaam.

Boqol jeer oo hore baan ayaan kuu sheegay in ee siyaasadu u baahantahay aqoon iyo khibrad dheeraad ah ee sheekooyinka baabu raqiiska ah yaad ku fiicantahan ee halkaagaas iska joog. :D

dhulQarnayn :cool:

Republic Of California

The Zack   

dhulQarneyn, What's up with the personal attack? Ninku sheeko buu noo sheegay haddaad thread kale isku fahmi weydeen waa iska caadi personal ha ka dhigin.

^^ Loooooooooooooool. Duqa Axmaara safar buu malaa dibsi iyo shuuroo kasoo cunaaa oo maba soomo!

^^Saaxiib Zack, I was just passing a compliment. Personally, I like the bedtime stories my homeboy A&T is very good at narrating. Marka, what're you on about mate?

Republic Of California

Originally posted by jamaal7777:

Abtigiis i think you have a talent for telling stories.

Dhulqarnayn dee waa run ee ninka weerarka aad kuwadid yaakhay kadaa saxiib.

Jamaal, walaale kan geed buu iigu xiranyahay. Rabaayad buu ii yahay ee ha u jicinjixin!

Why do you think I keep encouraging him to stick with the bedtime stories he has so much talent for? :D

Republic Of California

The Zack   

Originally posted by Ban-tured:

Zack , Amxaaro Safar buu dabsi, Kitfo iyo waliba bahrawi ka laba canleryn jiray, lol
smile.gif

War bankii tureedow, ooman baryhan ma biyo keenin miyaa?

Walee dibsidu wey macaantahay, Dhooro Tibsi waliba!

Originally posted by J.a.c.a.y.l.b.a.r.o:

Walee adigaa geed ugu xidhan oo ka daba qaylinaya meel kasta oo uu istaago .....

GEED INUU IIGU XIRANYAHAY ANAA KU TUSI DOONA EE,

CAR HA SOO QORO WAX! :D

WIRRRR, BAAN KU IRI! LOL

Republic Of California

don't vomit in the mosque ,,,,,, mid baa maalin show inta uu soo dhergay sidaas oo kele taraawiixdii iska yimid ,, he couldn't hold but started to shower everybody with his vomit .... meesha dhan wada bariis and suugo ayay noqotay ,,,,,,,,, :D