Sign in to follow this  
Geel_jire

Body odour ... Biometric

Every person has a unique body odour, like their fingerprints, that could be used as an 'odourprint' to identify them, a new study has found.

Scientists revealed an individual's odour signature remains detectable even when their diet is changed to include strong smelling foods such as garlic and spices.

Mammals such as mice and humans are known to have unique genetically-determined body odours, called 'odourtypes'.

2223205-1.png

story

Haneefah   

Akhas. I wonder why the armpits, of all the spots in the body that could be examined. At least they're smart enough not to include Indian and Egyptian subjects :D

Originally posted by cynical lady:

all the sniffers are women. why I wonder.

Women tend to have a better sense of smell due to estrogen; I believe a larger portion of the brain gets activated in women than in men as well.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by cynical lady:

all the sniffers are women. why I wonder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Women tend to have a better sense of smell due to estrogen; I believe a larger portion of the brain gets activated in women than in men as well.

stuff and nonsense

:D @ Fahema you mean there is a scientific explanation for it. It has been known for ages inay dumarka shiirka raga ka helaan .. its good to be able to back it up with facts .. if only to escape the wrath of CL when making such a claim icon_razz.gif

ps: malika i think i know what u have in mind :D and if it is what i think it is halis bad tahay :D ... bal hoos iigu sheeg