Sign in to follow this  
King Koya

One day ALL somalians will be Christians

Northener, I am not a fan of copy-and-paste culture, and am usually very reluctant to read long posts - would you like to make your point in a few words?

ElPunto   

^It really doesn't matter whether it's copy and paste. It's knowledge all the same. It is 2 opposing viewpoints on the question you and some one else were debating. And the articles are a good read as they provide a deeper anaylsis of the complexities of the debate. Read it - it really is in your own best interests. Thanks Northener.

Peacenow   

I would hope that we develop to a point where we can accept differences without 'stoning or killing'. Typically though, some of the points show the true islamist character, really. The discussion shows how low and far behind Somalis are. At least 200 years behind others. I woyld dearly wish that more Somalis learn about other religions, and if they decided to be jewish, hindu or christian. Then that would be fantastic. Power to them.

Ameen   

^^Are you Muslim?

If so, than your Islam and the imam that is experienced within your heart would cause you to realize that this is not an issue of fear and panic. I'm Muslim but Islam doesn't need me. Islam is the truth and it will shine bright with or without my services. It's more about firmness and truth rather than panic and fear.

On the other hand, if your not Muslim, than that would explain the misunderstanding about Islam in your question.

Coloow   

Originally posted by Sue:

Interesting replies, well from the little I read. I wonder sometimes why we fall into to these obvious traps. Someone belittles Muslims and the silly actions of a minority by calling us all barbaric and we reply in just the way they expected.

The prophet (SAW) lived amongst non Muslims peacefully and we can't do the same on a website.

AFKAAGA MALAB LAGU SHUB.

and the person who initiated the thread is maybe having a jolly good laugh at how somalis fall into the set trap.

The one million camel question; if somalis feel this way for their faith (and claim to be muslims), then why the hell do they keep on killing each? I have a friend who claims that somalis are not muslims; they worship a god called qabiil. He may be right.

Curly   

In the words of Micheal Jackson. I'm starting with the man/woman in the mirror.

You're friend can not A) question another person's faith if they claim it so and B) sterotype a whole nation although I see why he might have said so.

Originally posted by ThePoint:

^It really doesn't matter whether it's copy and paste. It's knowledge all the same. It is 2 opposing viewpoints on the question you and some one else were debating. And the articles are a good read as they provide a deeper anaylsis of the complexities of the debate. Read it - it really is in your own best interests. Thanks Northener.

I don't read copy and paste posts, they're far too long. The knowledge should be obtained from the tex and applied. If not, then others should be referred to the website.

It is a complex issue indeed, however every one studying islam should know the simple fact that whenever a hadith is in contradiction with the Quran, the latter should be believed.

I hope I don't sound hostile.