Sign in to follow this  
Caano Geel

Zidane headbutt outrage: new video evidence

Zidane headbutt outrage: new video evidence

By Lester Haines

Published Thursday 13th July 2006 11:57 GMT

Pity if you will poor old Zinadine Zidane: sent off during the World Cup final for a serious infraction of FIFA's "no headbutting Italians" rule and now reduced to the status of French national hero with enough cash in the bank to enjoy a lifetime of truffles, stuffed songbirds and fine vintage champagne.

Indeed, while the rest of the world was struggling to contain its outrage at Zidane's unsportsmanlike use of the Glasgow handshake, Jacques Chirac counterattacked with: "I would like to express all the respect that I have for a man who represents at the same time all the most beautiful values of sport, the greatest human qualities one can imagine, and who has honoured French sport and, simply, France."

Well, therein lies the rub, mon ami. How you view the whole thing depends largely on your national perspective, as nicely demonstrated by a viral email we received this morning:

As seen by the Germans:

image001.gif

As seen by the French:

image002.gif

As seen by the Italians:

image003.gif

As seen by the Americans:

image004.gif

As seen by the press:

image005.gif

Terrific. For the record, we at Vulture Central believe that - contrary to current wisdom - the Materazzi-felling incident was provoked not by references to Zidane's mother and his Algerian ancestry, but rather the suggestion that Italian wine may be of equal, or superior, quality to its French equivalent.

In the circumstances, Zidane's reaction as the embodiment of France was understandable. Let's face it, the Bastille was stormed for less.

source

Love how da yanks see....lol

I could imagine fox news broadcasting dat.

Marco deserved da headbutt and more. You don't insult a man's Mamma n get away with it.

Here is Zizou in his own words.

Interviewer: About your mother and your sister?

Zinedine Zidane: Yes. They were very hard words. You hear them once and you try to move away.

But then you hear them twice, and then a third time... I am a man and some words are harder to hear than actions. I would rather have taken a blow to the face than hear that.

I'm Zizou's #1 fan so I'm with the French on this one. loooool tho especially @ the head-butt incident as seen by all especially the Italians and the French.

underdog   

So here's the plan. Every sports Jersey I buy from this point in,

*Football(the real kind),

*Football(the fake American kind with only one guy using a foot)

*Basketball

Any jersey that has a Name and Number

ZIDANE

# 10

Chelsea FC - - 10 ZIDANE

Dallas Cowboys - 10 ZIDANE

Miami Heat - 10 ZIDANE

NY Yankees - 10 ZIDANE

Toronto Maple Leafs - 10 ZIDANE

Oh Yeah! It's ON like popcorn! 189586349_94e160847e_o.jpg