Sign in to follow this  
EboniQue

Here comes the pride, all dress in black!

Jabhad   

"They are the TFG's publicity stunt for the world. The aim? To show the world the TFG is based on secularism (secular wedding), and to show there's a sense of normality and safety where the TFG rules. "

Guled Mohamed is just a journalist working for reuters. Even during the ICU rules, such weddings were common in Somalia. Lets just say may God bless them and guide them to practice Islam.

Shakti   

Tattoo ah? wow this dude wallahi notices toooooooooooo much, do u always carry magnification glass with ya? may allah help us

anyways, mashallah 2 the couple.. its always nice 2 see faraax n xalimo in their happiest moment, i hope they cover the divorce in the SAME way.. i dont like 2 be left hanging :D

Pujah   

^^You have been hanging around cynic too much …. Already wishing the couple’s doom day …let them celebrate for week horta.

Beautiful couple though mansha allah, may Allah bless their marriage.

Armani my arseeeeee, it looks like a suit off tiptop warehouse, but then again, he is allowed to day dream, can't blame him.

She is pretty, and he is just plain looking, but either way, not a bad couple. Good of him to share his story.

PS:

^ Maybe. But a Somali bride on the other hand should.

I almost missed that, but good one VAL, love the comeback.

Taliban   

Originally posted by n-syl:

Even during the ICU rules, such weddings were common in Somalia.

I don't think so. If I remember well the ICU didn't allow a wedding where men and women would mix, a wedding where there was a musical band, iwm. However, I remember the ICU encouraging the people to marry from those considered low caste. Of notable weddings that hit the news, it was the men who married multiple or triple wives at the same time, and that happened in Waqooyi not where the ICU ruled. So, I don't think this kind of publicity-stunt wedding was common in Somalia when the ICU ruled.

Cara.   

What if it doesn't work out? Will there be a picture of the two at divorce court and an informative article on how marriages fails in the boondocks of Somalia?

What do people have against the black dress?

It is personal choice, lets respect that. You don't wanna anyone making fun of your pink n white dresses.

Dev & Lazy seemed little reluctant in their congrats. Come on ladies, were you put off by the big grin on her face.

Ms DD   

^^ Che what r you on about? Most girls wear black number to pull :D

Congrats to the happy couple. Gabar iyo caano, wiil iyo malab.

RedSea   

Masha Allah....nice looking couple.May Allah bless them,May their marriage be one that lasts life time and May Allah make them members of Ehlul Jennah Insha Allah.

Wish them the best..

RedSea   

Originally posted by Didi Kong:

Esh hathil fadheexa yacni a woman wearing black on her widding day :confused: Maybe she is Mujahid Red Sea cousin.

:D:D:D ,Waryaa tuug yow yari,maxaa layga kaa siiyaa?!

:D

In my eyez she looks great as well as I am sure in the eyez of her newly husband.

Sure,she is my cuasin,she looks good and that is all matter.What you think however matters not,Didi. :D

Yaa umatal somaal,shuuf haadihii saancad cirka laka keenay yacnii. :D

Buuxo   

Originally posted by mantra:

^^^
:D

I'm lost, who are they and why was their wedding covered in the news?

Mantra , i think they are somalis equivalent of Brad& angelina. :rolleyes:

RedSea   

^loooool.Oh my God,are we puting each other down now.

Offcourse,they are not Brad and Angelina.These couples are Muslims,something Brad and Angelina lack.

So no comparison there ladies.

Dadkiina yaab ayee leeyihiin. Dont' worry, maseerka kistoo iska yareeya, arooskiina too would come one day ee iska suga nooh, xaasidnimada joojiya. :D

The guy, Guuleed Max'ed, is a Reuters reporter since early '00s, if I remember correctly.

He shares the personal difficulties he had had on that aroos with his organization, which published it.

He writes well and, to me at least what I detect from his articles, is impartial.

Mar labaad hambalyo labadoodaba.