Sign in to follow this  
Peacenow

a black country is the richest in the world

Peacenow   

Nonsense. The country has devleoped because of good policies and trade. Bermuda is today the biggest base of the insurance industry.

It's all their in the figures.

lol, Black insurance companies?

I think not, like i said, Bermuda is the base for rich white folks, and their lucrative businesses who benefit from lax tax laws.

Taliban   

Originally posted by peacenow:

A small black country is the richest place on earth......Bermuda

What they don't try and tell you, is black achievement.

Bermuda is an overseas territory of the United Kingdom. Only 54.8% of the population is black, while 34.1% are white and 6.4% multiracial. That means only about half of the population is black. The administration and wealth of Bermuda is in the hands of white people. Bermuda's achievements is mostly due to white people.

It's true Bermuda has the highest GDP (PPP) in the world, however, it doesn't mean it's "the richest place on earth"; you got that flat wrong. That title is held by Luxembourg.

Peacenow   

The respected Economist newspaper has written today, a article out offshore industry. In it, Bermuda is mentioned as the richest country in the world. 2006 figures. That is clear. Bermuda is majority black so there it is a black country that is the richest.

Now, this is notable. It should be celebrated.

http://www.economist.co.uk/surveys/displaystory.cfm?story_id=8695139

It is a base, but these companies pay local fees and expenses,so the economy of the whole island benefits.

Its a bit like foreign direct investment, money flowing in.

Well done to Bermuda.

Taliban   

Bermuda is majority black so there it is a black country that is the richest.

50% isn't majority; it's half.

Peacenow   

My dear, Taliban, you yourself said, the black population is 54.8%!!

Now is that the majority or the minority? I would say it is the majority?!

Taliban   

Now is that the majority or the minority? I would say it is the majority?!

Less than 5% doesn't qualify for a majority. If I got £100 and you got £105, it doesn't mean you got an awful more money than what I got.

Equatorial Guinea has a huge per capita income. But most of it is in the elite hands. Oil can make some rich but the greater majority of the population are dirt poor.

nuune   
Somalia is the second last, number 228, while Ethiopia is enjoying number 215, they were the second last before the invasion of Somalia, great achievement in just two months, and good news for many TFG supporters.

LANDER   

Peace Now, I personally have black and white friends who are from Bermuda and yes on average the blacks there are wealthier than average blacks elsewhere nevertheless it's not in the terms you think. From what I know Bermuda's wealth is in large part due to tourism and off shore businesses. The great majority of these businesses are run by power brokers on the North American and European continents (i.e. major corporations who likely have a white leadership), secondly the tourism is driven by wealthy americans and celebs too who have bought large homes and property on that island which in turn has sky rocketed the price of real estate. This has led some of the black home owners to sell their properties in the face of rising prices and property tax. Also the government last I checked was black dominated but they are there in large part to facilitate and make Bermuda attractive to off shore operations in direct competition with leaders in that field (The Cayman Islands). Thirdly, many black people can't afford to buy the land they've been living on for decades as one friend told me, simply because it is too expensive. Lastly, the standard of living is high but so is the cost of living since many simple foods cannot be grown on that island and have to be shiped or flown in. So yes the black people are well off in relative terms in Bermuda and I did go to college with a number of them to know that much. But are they the creme of the crop when you look at the big picture?

P.S. there is one interesting fact about bermuda, many of the blue collar jobs are performed by immigrants such as construction and carpentry. The largest of the immigrant groups from what I've been told are Portuguese folks from the Azores.

No one really knows were somalia is. 16 years without a census coupled with no real info on economic progress shows that the $600 figure, is simply an estimate.

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

Do they accept refugees there and if they do...can some one please tell me how much the ticket to Bermuda costs and how much will the Mukhalas charge me? I hope they pay Welfare.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.