Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Troll Corner

Conversing with the helpers leads to nothing but borobalems, one should always maintain a clear boundary. Last year they had a Somali security guard in my building I never spoke to him and whenever he tried talking to me, I will give him one of those why on earth are you talking to me/who the hell are you looks...after a while he passed me down as one of those lost girls/probably hates Somalis blah blah which suit me down to a tea.

MZanzi   

horta ma aniga waalan misa dadkan ayaa waalan

hadu wiil somali ah oo walaalka ah kusalaamo maxa dhib ah oo kujiro?

why are we letting down our own borthers Like this ...

ayagaba inama ignore gareeyan ...

so why are we doing this?

Chimera   

I always greet the sisters..with a :rolleyes: and they greet me back with a :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

it's chill, real kinship

Malika   

CL,thats kibr sister,there isnt anyone beneath anyone in this world.It doesnt mean because you work in an office and he a security guard your better human then him..What will be so bad to say Salaam to a fellow Somali/Muslim/human being?

Shehe,said it all on the case of Serenity incident with the security guard.He openly showed disppointment,she felt slightly guilty and was selfconcious hence her being bothered about his attitude.The "masaar" created a sort of a bond,a connection between them as two Muslim people working in that building.

NGONGE   

^^ He should mind his own and she hers. Muslim, Hindu or Jew he still remains a stranger to her and she should not really worry herself about his opinions. Should he feel he has a right to air those opinions she should use the CL method of dealing with him. :D

Just because you’re Somali I have to talk to you? I always had a problem with that notion seriously I don’t care what you are/who you are I DON’T KNOW YOU hence I am not obliged to talk to you, should you attempt to talk to me then you deserve all the evil look I throw back at you. Malika this is not kibir this is keep your distance… you know as well as I that if I would have said hello to him then I would have opened a Pandora box as the case above clearly illustrates and I for one don’t need that…esp. from the security guard.

Chimera   

Originally posted by cynical lady:

Just because you’re Somali I have to talk to you?

yes yes yes..

no but seriously there have been times where i felt like ignoring a Somali or a non Somali sister because they were too pushy or stalker-like but that's just cold, there are other ways to solve a misunderstanding, Serenity should just walk up to the guy and just say what's on her mind

though i have to admit as a man the chances of me being jumped and then overpowered by a girl who i have accidently misled with my confusing signs is very slim unless she is a Ms Olympia in bodybuilding/Taekwondo champion then yes i see where your coming from, keep your distance sisters :D

NGONGE   

^^ Of course our CL here is a special case and should not be mistaken for your normal, every day girls. I have a strong suspicion that this lady even scowls at her own reflection when looking at a mirror. :D

Ibtisam   

Looool @ Ngonge!!!

CL you are sounding like a snob, stop acting like being a security guard is a disease. :rolleyes: They are perfectly respectable people who are not beneath anyone and least you can do is say hello to the person who is responsible for your safety. Next time some raving mad drunken attempts to get in to your building, you can take care of him yourself.

I always say hello to sisters or give them a smile. If it is a guy, I’d say a verbal hello if he atheer (old man, 40+ looking), give a nod if under 40 but over 29, and avoid eye contact if they are under 29, if they insist by staring at you or speaking, just say hello. If he is a little kid, I’ll often chat with them, what you doing, your future plans, what do you wish to achieve etc, how will you get there. :D Obviously it depends on how much time you have and the situation.

CL: Somali guys (most) are perfectly happy to say hello and continue with their business without trying to jump your bones. You should not judge them based on the few who hang around bus stops :D Same way I would not like to be judged by the few Somali girls that run around playing havoc with people and master in the art of shaqoolaan.

Serenity guy is not somali btw icon_razz.gif

Its not a disease, I just refuse to converse with them hell if that’s a crime then am happy to say it myself; am guilty as charged and will continue to do so…as far as my safety is concern I think am doing a darn good job so far thank you very much…Ibti you too nice dear/mash Allah keep it up, I don’t have time to stop and say hello to my own shadow let alone others…but seriously this idea that Somalis must always acknowledge and speak to each other shit is a disturbing norm and I think its high time we got rid of it….

Ps am enjoying the class element that’s been injected just because I said I refused to speak to the somali security guard.

Ibtisam   

^^^So if he was not a security guard, he worked on a different floor would you speak with him. Is your issue that he is a security guard or that he is Somali. If he was not Somali (like your current security guard) do you offer him a smile, a nod, a hello when you catch his eye as you run in and out? If so, why did you feel that just because he was Somali he deserved less??

I don't get people who think that just because someone is Somali you should screw face them or noticeably ignore them. I mean come on, they are humans too. :D

p.s. I'm just pulling your leg, don't mind me.

Ps ibti I already gave my 2cents regarding that issue- one should not fill guilty as to what they choose to do/wear and if someone starts enquiring as to why you no longer wear what you used to, I think they have been watching you for a while/ have nothing better to do. By conversing with them/acknowledging there existence they fill like they know you, hence think they possess a right to talk to you/ in a position to pass an opinion. Now if you don’t converse with the helpers this would never happen, as soon as they start the friendly business i.e. complimenting you, you must ensure that you give them evils/ who the hell are you again look, I assure you next time they will know better NEVER ASK ME/PASS YOUR OPENION OR COMPLIMENT ME BECAUSE YOU DON’T KNOW ME!

p.s I don’t speak my current security guards neither, I don’t care who they are I don’t want to talk to you if I don’t know you or have reason to get to know you… I talk to the cleaners though I believe they deserve my respect bless there dear hearts… as for other Somali guys at my work place there is none…

ps pull my legs all you want dear its oky by mwah