Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Troll Corner

-Lily-   

You realize you're not as 'modern' as you thought when your high school Somali friend marrying a guy called John still manages to shock you.

NGONGE   

Lily,

I can understand the shock, after all it's not something that happens every day. But the fun part is in the details. Spill, spill, spill :D

Serenity,

I sat behind a group of Saudis who spent the first ten minutes talking about me (in Arabic) as if I was not there. They went all silent when, five minute later, I made my order in my best Saudi accent. :D:D

ps

Talking of the cold. I just realised that I shall be wearing the same coat for the twelvth year running. Nobody that knows me will be pleased. Heh.

You realize you're not as 'modern' as you thought when your high school Somali friend marrying a guy called John still manages to shock you.

you backward so and so... icon_razz.gif

NGONGE   

Serenity,

They were making fun of the 'black' man who wore a suit merely to smoke shiisha! Bloody tourists. :D

-Lily-   

This guy John, is down the pub regularly and he not a Muslim

(not to mention butt ugly). I had to recover quickly not to show my shock at the whole affair. I saw his pub pics on face book afterwards. The shock is twofold, firstly that he is not a Muslim (they have a daughter together) and secondly that she would find him attractive enough to marry. redface.gif

NGONGE   

^^ So it's fair to say that her Islamic morals are weaker than Ibti's Somali writing, right?

Are you invited to the wedding and would you go?

^LoooooooooooL..nothing is shocking these days.Maybe she would join him in the pub. And it has nothing with modernity just bad judgement and lack of foresight even if one ignores deen.