Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Troll Corner

Johnny B   

^ give us some time to digest the loss while you take your time celeberating.

I can only stretch myslef and mummle "right team won".

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ Edward Wilmot Blyden, Jomo Kenyatta, Kwame Nkrumah, Haile Sellassie, W.E.B. Du Bois ,Marcus Garvey, Kwabena Ashanti. Robert Mugabe, can you hear me Robert? Your boys took one hell of a beating! Your boys took one hell of a beating!
:D

Classic commentating. A replica of the Norwegian commentator after beating England.

Egypt played polished football and looked mighty and superior to their african counterparts. But I wonder they never qualify to the world cup?

PS; They knocked the world cup door twice. They bowed out of the tournament in the first round both times.

Originally posted by Faarax-Brawn:

Egyptians are not Arabs adeer

Did you know that they were known as 'United Arab Republic national football team' for around 20 years.

NGONGE   

^^ Half of North African Arabs are not really Arabs. But then their argument is that being an Arab is not about origin but belonging.

Originally posted by Shar ma'arke:

quote:Originally posted by Faarax-Brawn:

Egyptians are not Arabs adeer

Did you know that they were known as 'United Arab Republic national football team' for around 20 years.
Whatever they call themselves,they are now called the PHAROAHS & they proved themselves to be the pharoahs of soccer. Besides, Archeological & other evidences(like physical features,hello)point otherwise.

Well,anyone who thought Cameroon(or any of those west Africans) had a chance against the mighty pharoahs was just hating on "arabs". Egypt,really has a fantastic midfield & offense. Mohamed Aboutrika(sp?),That dude is one heck of a player!!

Congrats to the Pharoahs!!

_44417592_ma2_afp300.jpg

^^Exactly. Zidan did all the work.

Well,anyone who thought Cameroon(or any of those west Africans) had a chance against the mighty pharoahs was just hating on "arabs".

Lol. That's on the edge! So you expected a clean batch of Pharoahs' aficionados on the tribune with no green shirt at all. In other words anyone cheering a "black" team hates Arabs, claims you!

This is sports, Brawn. Egypt played elegantly with the courtly manners of proffessional footballers but all teams have their hooligans.

Showcase the fairness in sports arena you dearly profess to opine in your posts.

Zafir   

^Ever since that one goal he scored (from his chest to his foot to the end of the net)and where he afterwards took of his shoe, and was tosing from one hand to another like a lid Shiisha Charcoal, I was sold.

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ Half of North African Arabs are not really Arabs.
But then their argument is that being an Arab is not about origin but belonging.

Neither are the Lebanese or the Syrians. Egyptians are genealogically as much Arabs as Somalis.

About the belonging thing..Oh yeah, if you say so.

A saudi prince promised them a seven figure-amount when they qualified for the semis by the way. Must be a billion by now!

^^Exactly. Zidan did all the work.

quote:

Well,anyone who thought Cameroon(or any of those west Africans) had a chance against the mighty pharoahs was just hating on "arabs".

Lol. That's on the edge! So you expected a clean batch of Pharoahs' aficionados on the tribune with no green shirt at all. In other words anyone cheering a "black" team hates Arabs, claims you!

This is sports, Brawn. Egypt played elegantly with the courtly manners of proffessional footballers but all teams have their hooligans.

Showcase the fairness in sports arena you dearly profess to opine in your posts.
Hello Sharmake.

No,i was just being edgy & difficult. But,i think,some people were supporting Cameroon solely because the perception that they were more African than the Egyptians. They would say and i quote them: Carabtaan aanba nacay. smile.gif L0L,You dont support a team because of the color of their skin but for their skills.

Zidan & Aboutrika & the G/keeper,whats his face? were exceptional. smile.gif

NGONGE   

quote:Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ Half of North African Arabs are not really Arabs.
But then their argument is that being an Arab is not about origin but belonging.

Neither are the Lebanese or the Syrians. Egyptians are genealogically as much Arabs as Somalis.

About the belonging thing..Oh yeah, if you say so.

A saudi prince promised them a seven figure-amount when they qualified for the semis by the way. Must be a billion by now!
It's not me that says so, it's they. smile.gif

It's not one Saudi Prince. Lots of businessmen and the Sheikh of Dubai have promised them money.