Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Troll Corner

It is boring here too ....... moving to a new office and i've to pack my stuff before end of the da day.

I don't feel like doing it ,,, so i'm here sipping my coffee and rolling eyes. I guess i need a Redbull

Nehanda   

I will celebrating Xmas at a friend's house. Actually it is more like having a free meal if i succeed in keeping two cute monsters busy and out everyone else way.

Pujah   

Egypt flats collapse toll rises

_44319796_alex203ap.jpg

The number of people killed in a building collapse in Alexandria on Monday has risen to 33.

The official Egyptian news agency said rescuers found three more bodies early on Saturday, and were continuing to search through rubble.

Only three survivors have been found since the block of flats collapsed.

The building disintegrated as workers carried out renovations. The authorities have issued an arrest warrant for the building's owner.

They have also arrested one of the contractors carrying out the repairs.

Officials say the flats were built without a permit 25 years ago. Another five stories were added later - also without a permit. The authorities say the owners ignored orders to remove the top two storeys.

Collapses happen frequently in Egypt's overcrowded urban centres, where many buildings are constructed with poor materials and regulations are flouted.

In 2005, at least 16 people died when a building collapsed in another residential area in the Mediterranean city - Egypt's second largest.

That block, which had had three extra floors added illegally, collapsed onto the wall of a neighbouring school as mothers were waiting to pick up their children.

Story from BBC NEWS:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/middle_east/7163873.stm

Published: 2007/12/29 18:45:26 GMT

© BBC MMVII

N.O.R.F   

Lazy people are now blaming the owner. If someone breaks building regulations and then adds another 3 storeys you HAVE to stop people from living in there until everything is signed off including the building's structural capabilities.

The file has probably been sitting there for the past 10 years whilst they have been chatting away and sipping mint tea!

Malika   

^^Hello there smile.gif

I honestly do ache all over from doing nothing,thats why I was wondering how do the unemployed survive the laying around all day every day..