Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Troll Corner

Emperor   

Caawa Boring ayaa ahayya, I was doing something and I can't get it right, it never works for me and I won't leave it, kinda obsessive repulsive... Any of you feeling a bit down by unaccomplished target set for the night?

Pujah   

Apparently you can’t even go to the mall without worrying about running into suicidal kid that wants ‘to go out in style’. :mad:

Gunman Kills at Least 8 at Omaha Mall

By OSKAR GARCIA

OMAHA, Neb. - A man with a rifle opened fire at a busy shopping mall Wednesday, killing eight people before taking his own life. Five more people were wounded, two critically.

Shoppers and employees ran screaming through the mall and barricaded themselves in dressing rooms after hearing gunfire. The gunman was found dead on the third floor of the Von Maur department store in the Westroads Mall, in a prosperous neighborhood on the city's west side.

"My knees rocked. I didn't know what to do, so I just ran with everybody else," said Kevin Kleine, 29, who was shopping with her 4-year-old daughter. She said she hid in a dressing room with four other shoppers and an employee.

Keith Fidler, a Von Maur employee, said he heard a burst of five to six shots followed by 15 to 20 more rounds. Fidler said he huddled in the corner of the men's clothing department with about a dozen other employees until police yelled to get out of the store.

Sgt. Teresa Negron said the gunman killed eight people, then apparently killed himself. His name was not immediately released, and authorities gave no motive for the attack and did not know whether he said anything during the rampage.

A witness, Shawn Vidlak, said he heard four or five rapid shots "like a nail gun." At first he thought it was noise from construction work going on at the mall.

"People started screaming about gunshots," Vidlak said. "I grabbed my wife and kids we got out of there as fast as we could."

Shortly after the shooting, a group of shoppers came out of the building with their hands raised. Some were still holding shopping bags.

President Bush was in town Wednesday for a fundraiser in Omaha, but left about an hour before the shooting.

The sprawling, three-level mall has more than 135 stores and restaurants, according to the Web site for General Growth Properties, the manager of the mall. It gets 14.5 million visitors every year, according to the Web site.

---

Associated Press writers Anna Jo Bratton, Josh Funk and Eric Olson contributed to this report.

Ibtisam   

I watched the European cross country championship yesterday. You know the British were not bad (after lossing the fight, they had to seek victory else where (the youth cross country running) :D

I would have loved to have seen all three Somali youngsters make it this year and take 1,3,4 spot, but sadly only Mustafa Mohammed (sweden) took part, win second place behind LEBID, Serhiy, I really thought he’d kick his as*s! Maybe Mo Farah is saving himself to race the Ethiopians on the 12th January. It would be great if it snowed, the Africans are going to freez in the UK. Hehehe Can’t wait.

It is so cold here too ... but not like the other place.

Why people are suffering with flu these days horta ??

Ok ,, are you guys all ok ?? :D

Pujah   

Car Bombs in Algeria Kill at Least 22

ALGIERS, Algeria - Car bombs exploded minutes apart Tuesday in central Algiers, heavily damaging U.N. offices and partly ripping the facade off a new government building. The interior minister said 22 were killed but hospital and rescue officials gave figures at least twice that toll.

The minister, Noureddine Yazid Zerhouni, said another 177 people were injured in the attacks. A national official at the civil protection agency who spoke on condition of anonymity said 45 people were killed. A doctor at one Algiers hospital who said he was in contact with staff at other area hospitals put the death toll at least 60.

Suspicions quickly focused on the North African wing of al-Qaida. The date - the 11th - could point to an Islamic terror link. Al-Qaida in Islamic North Africa claimed responsibility for attacks on April 11 that hit the prime minister's office and a police station, killing 33 people.

"We are looking through the rubble for people," said Jean Fabre of the U.N. Development program in Geneva, after speaking with Marc Destanne De Bernis, the agency's top official in the Algerian capital.

One employee of the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees was killed and 12 employees from various U.N. agencies were missing, said Marie Heuze, spokeswoman for the world body in Geneva.

If all the missing are found to be dead, it would be the deadliest assault on the U.N. since the Aug. 19, 2003, truck bombing of the U.N. headquarters in Baghdad that killed 22 people, including top envoy Sergio Vieira de Mello.

U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon strongly condemned Tuesday's bombings.

"This is just unacceptable," said a somber Ban, who was on Indonesia's resort island of Bali for a U.N. climate conference. "I would like to condemn it in the strongest terms. It cannot be justified in any circumstances."

The Bush administration added its denunciation.

"We condemn this attack on the United Nations office by these enemies of humanity who attack the innocent. The United States stands with the people of Algeria, as well as the United Nations as they deal with this senseless violence," said National Security Council spokesman Gordon Johndroe.

Ban said the blasts destroyed the offices of the U.N. Development Program and severely damaged the offices of the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees.

The bombs exploded around 9:30 a.m. (3:30 a.m. EST) and blew off the front off the U.N. refugee agency building and also damaged the main U.N. building housing the U.N. Development Program and other agencies across the street.

"We can't even say for certain that the U.N. was being targeted but one can certainly start to draw that conclusion since this explosion took place in a very narrow street right between two UN buildings," Redmond told CNN.

He added that one UNHCR staff member was killed.

The U.N. offices are in the upscale Hydra neighborhood of Algiers, which houses many foreign embassies and has a substantial foreign population.

At least 15 people were killed in the Hydra attack, said a national official at the civil protection agency who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the media. The other attack, which killed at least 30 people, was in the Ben Aknoun neighborhood of Algiers, where the Constitutional Council is located, the official said.

The official APS news agency, citing the Interior Ministry, reported 17 people were killed and 67 injured. It said rescuers were still pulling people from the rubble.

Interior Minister Noureddine Yazid Zerhouni said the Constitutional Council, which oversees elections, was the other target, adding that the attacks appeared to have been caused by car bombs.

"An attack like this is among the easiest actions to carry out. I have always said that we are not safe from these sorts of attacks," he told reporters in remarks carried by APS.

"Everything depends on the degree of our vigilance and our degree of mobilization against this. You will have noticed that there are fewer and fewer attacks of this nature. That means that the groups carrying out these sorts of attacks are facing more and more problems."

Public radio, Algiers Network 3, said the bombs went off about 10 minutes apart.

Some victims of one of the attacks had been riding a school bus, APS said.

"I was in my office and heard an explosion in the distance. When I went downstairs, I was hit by another explosion, just in front of our building," said an unidentified man swathed in bloody dressings who spoke from his hospital bed in footage shown on France-2.

TV video showed a badly damaged building with windows blown out, burned out cars in a street and a charred bus.

Algeria has been battling Islamic insurgents since the early 1990s, when the army canceled the second round of the country's first multiparty elections, stepping in to prevent likely victory by an Islamic fundamentalist party.

Islamist armed groups then turned to force to overthrow the government, with up to 200,000 people killed in the ensuing violence.

The last year has seen a series of bombings against state targets, many of them suicide attacks.

Recent bombings have been claimed by al-Qaida in Islamic North Africa. That was the name adopted in January after the remnants of the insurgency, the Salafist Group for Call and Combat, or GSPC, formally linked with al-Qaida.

Once focused on toppling the Algerian government, the group has now turned its sights on international holy war and the fight against Western interests. French counterterrorism officials say it is drawing members from across North Africa.

A Sept. 6 attack during President Abdelaziz Bouteflika's visit to the eastern city of Batna killed 22 people, and a suicide bombing two days later on a coast guard barracks in the town of Dellys left at least 28 dead.