Sign in to follow this  
Kool_Kat

Give me my kidney back or $1.5M

Kool_Kat   

Richard Batista can live with his broken heart.
He just can't bear his cheating wife living with his healthy kidney.

The Long Island doctor wants the one-time love of his life to pay $1.5 million for the organ he bestowed on her eight years ago in a gift meant to save her life and their foundering marriage.

"There's no deeper pain you can ever express than to be betrayed by the person you devoted your life to," Batista told reporters in Garden City Wednesday.

"I saved her life. But the pain is unbearable."

Batista charged his wife, Dawnell, repaid his gesture by first sleeping with her physical therapist - and then denying him access to their three kids in an increasingly bitter divorce.

Adding to his anguish, Batista insists his decision to donate his kidney in 2001 was in part a failed effort to rescue their troubled relationship.

"My first priority was to save her life," the 49-year-old doctor said. "The second bonus was to turn our marriage around."

Dawnell Batista survived. Their marriage lasted just another four years, with the wife filing for divorce in July 2005.

The once-happy pair met two decades ago when he was a resident and she a training nurse at North Shore Hospital.

They were married in August 1990, celebrating with a lavish Long Island reception, and were soon living in a $1 million Massapequa home.

The couple shared the joy of three daughters, but Dawnell was battling kidney failure and the couple's relationship turned shaky.

Her husband - a surgeon at Nassau University Medical Center - injected her three times a week with medication as part of her health care regime.

Dawnell's health continued to deteriorate. After two transplants failed, her husband volunteered to donate one of his kidneys - and discovered he was a match, a 1-in-700,000 shot.

"I was the first and only one to step to the plate," the doctor recalled. Without his donation, Dawnell faced a long wait: There are 6,748 people awaiting kidneys in New York State, the New York Organ Donor Network says.

Successful surgery followed at a Minnesota hospital on June 28, 2001. Batista said he was looking forward to happier times with his now-healthy bride - but his hopes proved futile.

"Nothing changed," he said.

Dawnell Batista viewed the kidney as a new lease on life, too. She returned to school to earn a master's degree in nursing, and took up karate, her husband said.

After an injury suffered while trying to earn her black belt, she began physical therapy - which evolved into an affair with her therapist, Batista said.

"It put a hole in my heart that still exists," Batista said of his wife's disloyalty. "To this day, I'm a man of pride. To be betrayed that way, humiliated - I can't even began to say."

Dawnell Batista was not at her home Wednesday. Her lawyer did not return a call for comment.

Batista said the ongoing ugliness began on day one of their divorce.

"She slapped me with divorce papers when I was in surgery trying to save another person's life," he fumed.

The case was apparently the first of its kind in New York State. Julia Rivera of the New York Organ Donor Network said she never heard of anything similar.

"This is extraordinary," the spokeswoman said.

Batista insisted his cash-for-kidney claim was a direct result of his wife's behavior. He said he hasn't seen his three daughters - ages 14, 11 and 8 - in months.

"This is my last resort," Batista said. "I didn't want to be in the public eye."

Despite the animosity, Batista insisted he would donate the kidney all over again to his hopefully soon-to-be-ex. He fondly recalls a visit to her room on the day after surgery.

"There was no greater feeling on this planet," he said. "As God is my witness, I felt as if I could put my arm around Jesus Christ. I was walking on a cloud."

What a B!!! She takes his kidney and cheats on him!!! Laakiin waxaan kayaabay, why did he wait for two transplants to fail before he 'stepped up to the plate'...

Wuu ku sugay laakiin isboorkada! :D

underdog   

jacka$$!

Goes to show just because someone is educated doesn't mean he's at all intelligent or smart.

This is my last resort," Batista said. "I didn't want to be in the public eye." Kulaha, mean while the 'respected' doctor is standing in front of the camera's saying " I want the kidney I gave you 8 years ago.

What a Loser!

Kool_Kat   

What da? She can't be sleeping around with his kidney in her, wah! I say it is only fair, she should give it back...Let's see if she'll be sleeping around then... :D

underdog   

Nin dhan oo ditoor aah, woxoo lasoo taaganyahay "kilideedi isii"...set dhahab oo dubaay lagakeene miyaa???

hadaadan i rabin kilada miiska saar.

If I was one of his patients I'd be looking for a new doctor.

Kool_Kat   

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL@set dhahab oo dubaay lagakeene miyaa???

It is not hadaadan i rabin kilida miiska saar, wax bey ahaan leheed hadii waxkale lagu kala tagi lahaa, laakiin isagoo uu qabo bey nin laseexatay...If for not any other reason, anbo soo celi waa dhihi lahaa just to see without it bal hadeey wax laseexato iyo inkale... :D

underdog   

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

It is not hadaadan i rabin kilida miiska saar, wax bey ahaan leheed hadii waxkale lagu kala tagi lahaa, laakiin isagoo uu qabo bey nin laseexatay...If for not any other reason, anbo soo celi waa dhihi lahaa just to see without it bal hadeey wax laseexato iyo inkale...
:D

So you think if she said to him that he doesn't give her what she needs and she wants to part ways and look for contentment elsewhere, he wouldn't want the organ back?

I agree she wronged him by what she did, but he's embarrassing himself with this. dead or alive she doesn't want him, whats he still hanging around for?

If this works out for him do you know how many angry little men will be trying to get money or silicone breasts back from ex wives and ex girlfriends?

*Ring*

"Hello, Krystaal? it's George, remember me?... yeah...remember the implants I paid for before you ran off with the cop who kept giving me tickets everyday? ...uh huh...yeah well, I spoke with my lawyer and you have to pay me $28,432.12 or give me back the rack."

ElPunto   

He's a moron for exposing how he got played. Now how is he gonna find another woman - who wants a nac*as?

Gosh the SOL censors have run amok - nac*as is a censored word now too. What petty mind thought that up :confused:

Paying for boobz job and giving away an organ are 2 different thing don't youthink Underdog? Anyhow, the man is bitter and want some sort of revenge for what she did to him that's all. I don't think killing her is an option though. Maybe he should sue her or something rather asking the kidney back...

Abwaan   

If what he said is right "That she wouldn't let him see his kids" then the kidney should be returned to the rightful owner uu Ilaah u hibeeyey billowgii ka dibna ugu deeqay qoftaan aan asxaanka lahayn!

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by underdog:

*Ring*

"Hello, Krystaal? it's George, remember me?... yeah...remember the implants I paid for before you ran off with the cop who kept giving me tickets everyday? ...uh huh...yeah well, I spoke with my lawyer and you have to pay me
$28,432.12
or give me back the rack."

Those are some cheap breast implants, Mexico muu uga soo galiyayna, anigu yaabayee? :D

She can't have his kidney, cheat on him and not let him see his kids...NO WAY! Markaan caafimaaday aankaa tagaa war ma'aha...Kilida ha iska soo celiso, see ku timid haku baxdo...