Sign in to follow this  
Medusa

Helpppppppppp

Medusa   

Salaams,

What would you do if you had a suspicious nature, and everything ppl did makes you hate them? How do you cope with anger, or depressed moods? Help because I am feeling kind of depressed because I just bombed a major exam, my so called friends are turning out to be my worst enimies(not depressed due to this), I can't seem to have 3 good days in a row! I am trying to become a better muslim, but all the muslims I meet are backbitters, evil, and prejudice. I know Islam is perfect, not the people, but my world is spinning fast today. I have other problems but Its not that relevant. I ask ALLAH(subhanallah) to help me, I can't help control my emotions, I lash out at my close friends and family,and hopefully it goes awaaaaaaaay! What would you do in my minor case? P.S. I am not a mental Case ;)

shyhem   

Rule no 1.........u need Prescription drugs, start with Prozac, and if it doesn't work for u, i suggest u graduate to Paxil Cr (control release)

Rule no 2- Prayers,i mean u need plenty of prayers,the sort that makes u scared of u'r past. Going for Tabliq is abonus point.

Rule no 3- if the above two are not working for you, i guess its time u moved back to somalia and u spent a few days under a big acacia tree until u really miss stuff like salad dressing, cheeseburger and ATM's or u forget words like drive through and paycheck.

Khayr   

"WITH EVERY HARDSHIP COMES EASE"

Let me put a bright spin on things for you inshallah.

You're still sane, a believer (inshallah),

You have all your senses

You can walk, talk, hear, taste,see.

You have a roof over your head. So your not homeless.

You are not dying of starvation.

Let me sum up a story for you.

There was a Sahabi, her name was Umm Salamah and Her husband and her had to migrate to Ethiopia to seek refuge from the persecution of the Quresh.

The muslims at that time were very small in size.

Weeks went by and the muhjirun remained in Abyssinia (Ethiopia). Now the people there were Christians. Umm Salamah's husband decided to leave Islam while they were staying in Abyssinia (Ethopia) and become a Christian. So Umm Salamah and her husband got a divorce. Now here is Umm Salamah in a far distant land b/c some man from the Quresh who claims to be a prophet sent her husband and her there to seek refuge. Her husband abondons her and he is an Apostate (One who leaves the religion).

Imagine the hardships that she was going through.

Yet through it all she remained a Believer (Mumin).

When the rasul (salallahu caliyhe waslim) heard of this, he sent her a letter asking for her hand in marriage.

Now you and I live in this 21st century, so how can we complain to Allah when such people like Umm Salamah preserved and was tested with more trials and tribulations.

PATIENCE AND PERSISTENCE, MY DEAR!!!

COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR RABB (Lord) more and more.

Don't be afraid to shed tears to him.

loooool@shyhem dude ur funny :D

well said Khayr!

anyways back to the topic bro/sis as khayr said just remember allah and try to be patient after all patience is part of faith.

Oh yeah one more thing, go to islamonline.net(cyber counseling) and u can ask anything, experts will help u there.One good thing about cyber counseling is that no one knows who u are, u remain anonymous ;) HOPE that helps

salaam

JIDAAWY   

Brother Medusa, First and foremost u need rejoice in the fact that Alaah SWT is continuing to bestow His Mercy upon you. Had you been left astray by the will of Allah, you would not have had enough concern for your salvation to write to us and seek help…

My beloved nomad, rest assured that these suspicious thoughts you are having are only whispers of a Shytaan who is desperately trying to derail you from becoming a good muslim, you can defy him by reading QURAN and studying hadiith.. trust me walaahi you will feel a lot better once you seek refuge in allah.. Also make lots of Ducaa.. Alaah is the most merceful and will not turn you down once you sincerely ask him for help.. these are some useful Ducaa's I suggest you to memorize or cut and paste them on a peice of paper and stick them on your car’s dashboard or carry it in your wallet..

If you feel you are in trouble read this Ducaa..

[c]

إذا نزل به هم أو غم أو حزن : الهم إني عبدك ، ابن عبدك ، ابن أمتك ، ناصيتي بيدك، ماض في حكمك، عدل في قضاؤك، أسألك بكل أسم هو لك سميت به نفسك ، أو أنزلته في كتابك ، أو علمته أحدا من خلقك ، أو استأثرت به في علم الغيب عنك، أن تجعل القرآن العظيم ربيع قلبي، ونور صدري ، وجلاء حزني ، وذهاب همي.

And this one too..

عند الكرب والشدة : لا اله إلا الله العظيم الحليم ، لا إله إلا الله رب العرش العظيم ، لا إله إلا الله رب السموات و رب الأرض ورب العرش الكريم ،

and / or

ويقول: لا إله إلا أنت سبحانك أني كنت من الظالمين ، ويقول: يا حي يا قيوم برحمتك استغيث .

And if your problem keeps on getting worse, dont give up, just read this....

إذا أصابته مصيبة : إنا لله وإنا إليه راجعون. اللهم أجرني في مصيبتي وأخلف لي خيرا منها.

دعوت المكروب : اللهم رحمتك أرجو فلا تكلني إلى نفسي طرفة عين وأصلح لي شأني كله لا إله إلا أنت.

عند الكرب : الله.. الله ربي لا أشرك به شيئا

and if an exam is too hard for you then read this..

اللهم لا سهل إلا ما جعلته سهلا و أنت تجعل الحزن إذا شئت سهلا

[/c]

As brother Khayr said, you have your sanity, your helthy and all your senses.. what more could you ask for ? a stupid exam is not the end of the world, infact you shouldn’t let a worldly issue like that depress you and wear you out like that.

Brother.. I do understand that being true muslim may seem very difficult thing to be in north America, but if you befriend and keep company with other pious young men who would help you enjoy what is right and forbid what is wrong you will find out how easy it is to stay on the righteous path..

another suggestion i have for you brother is to go to Umrah this summer.. walaahi you will feel a lot better, you will get a peace of mind and experience the joy of Istlam.. and since that is where i was born and raised, i will be happy to give you any information or help you may need if you choose to go to Umrah..

Again may allah bless you and guide all of us to his salvation.

Medusa   

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE FOR THIER ADVICE! Especially Khayr and Jidaway, what you said made me think, and when I see how blessed I am, walaahi I praise ALLAH! I am so happy I posted this topic, and got these wonderful replies, I am feeling much better.Shyhem, prozac I wouldn't perfer, but thanks! We all have our problems, I ask Allah to guide everyone to the right path, to help with our struggles, to help satan from derailing our path. I guess being young for me adds to some pressures I have.No Body is perfect, but I will try to the best of my ability to strive to keep in my heart the true meaning of this life.No one will live forever, and I now realize that Allah is testing me, so that I may get a chance to be a better muslims. You guys are right that Exam, uhhh...well there's one more left 4 me to kick Butt :D -----peaczzz--------