Sign in to follow this  
Faynuus

Can anyone answer this please

Faynuus   

I need a visa, un urgent visa to kenya but i have a travel document so it is a referred visa and i hear it takes along time so is there anyone who knows how this works? i really would like to go there before ramadan ends.

nuune   

Abaayadiis, forget about the visa, land in Entebbe airport in Kambala, Uganda, then get the daily bus to Nairobi, very smooth journey and quick, I have never taken this route, but I know lots of people who done this and who are Travel Document holders, the last person I know went this route is a friend of mine, he came back 5 days ka hor, and he was worried like you about the visa to kenya, I adviced him go to Uganda!

So, dont't waste your time if you want to go there before Ramadan ends.

And how the refering visa works, you don't want to know, it is complicated system, someone in Nairobi inaa la xiriirto waaye oo friends ama qaraabada ah, basically you might send about 400 or 500 dollar, and it will take months to get the visa approval, warqadaa laguu soo diraa by fax, then warqadaas aa la imaanee airportka Kenya, and then you will pay the airport fee, nearly 100 dollar.

Compare that with Entebbe airport in Kampala with Visa fee of less than 30 dollar, you just land there and you get your visa ta arrival, if you are student, you will even pay less than 30 dollar, no airport fee, this is classic.

So my advice is if you do the refer visa in Nairobi, you won't make it to Kenya, not even untill November.

I hope that clears for you.

Maalin Wanaagsan

Haye, muqalas Nuunka. Dalkugal [fiiso] Keenyaati maa so arrange gareyn kartaana? Reerka raadinaaye fiiso the last few weeks, oo ka imaanaaye Soomaaliya. Lix boqol US leeyihiin per fiiso, walina waala la yahay sidii lagu heli lahaa. Ar Keenya xee ismooday markee heerkaas isgaarsiisay, Afrikadii la ogaa lee ku taalee.

nuune   

lol@muqalaska, MMA, widaaw depends what kind of sharci reerka heestaan, it would be much complicated hadeeba Soomaaliya ka imaanaayiin ay hadana wataan sharci kale, might be easy if they were bilaa sharci, Safanana iyo Gantaal bus lee lagu soo dhici lahaa.

PS: Everyone I know left there, and is being long time since I was there, I would like to visit the place before the end of the year, even if I have one week only fasax, waaba u xiiseyba meesha 9 street iyo sigiska

It is for the Old Man, who never wanted to leave Soomaaliya to begin with. But he wanted for a brief medical check-up, oo markuu arkay inay saas u adagtahay iska dhaafay since awalba anaga ku baryi jirnay in uu iska soo baxo lee mar, meel lee ha ahaataba. Sacuudiya loo helay, but wuu diiday, ma fadoow yiri. Sacuudiya sida lagu galaayo ka sahlan Keenya maanta by airline, mish macquul walaahi.

Yes as nuune said only thru Uganda is the only option open for you right now if you want to be there before Eid. I was with my mum and she didnt have european passport that time as I did so we had to go thru Uganda. I have done that route twice and last time was back in 2001. Our journey started from Kampala to Busia, which is an ugandan town at the border with Kenya and then after a lill rest and refreshment in somali-owned hotel we proceeded to cross the border over to Busia town (a Kenyan town) then from there either you can take a taxi or a bus to Nairobi. I have to say its long and rough journey in both countries. Th roads are not that good condition and they driving crazy and sometimes irresponsible. Between Busia and Nairobi there are many checkpoints along the the road and that can give you problems if you dont have the right papers etc, in our case my mum had a kenyan kapandha (i hope i got it right there). Some of the Sujui brothers out there are real Vssholes and can get you in trouble. They work with the local police officers and you will get un expected visit by one of these guys right in your hotel room checking your papers. They will say to you "Do something" i.e they need your money, bribery. I dont mean to scare you but thats reality down there I am talking from my own experiences. If you taking that route always make sure you have someone who knows the culture and know-how waiting for you there otherwise af-libaax aa ku geleysaa halkaa waana lagu furunaa.

That was long time ago I dunno the situation right now.

Kool_Kat   

MMA, umm, family historyga naga kala yaree hee...

Nuunka, alaabtaan inaa ku taqasustay waan ujeedaa...It is times like this I love holding my Canadian Citizenship...

Faynuus, allaha kuu sahlo abaay...Hope it is nothing too serious/urgent...Nonetheless, allaha sahlo, insha'allah qeyr...

nuune   

Allamagan, good points sxb, you are talking about 7 years ago, recent trips to there, I was told, it is very smooth and quick, you don't even need papers, lacag yar aa la bixinaa dhowr boqol kenyaati(about 5 or 6 dollars) through the border, and that is it, many Somalis are there crossing daily, Feynuus will get alot of help there whether to show her papers(only if she has Kipandha or Kitanbulusha) or not, never show your travel document in borders!

Feynuus, I would talk to my friend, and inform you the process, anaa si fiican u soo wareesanaayo, kadib waa kugu soo war celinaa

MMA, The old man diyaarad haduu ku imaanaayo is a mess markaa, would be difficult to get the visa, safar dhulna maba u fiicno I guess!

Kool, lool@taqasus, yeah don't lose your Canadian passport hee lool, also I would like to tell Feynuus, that ticket prices to Uganda are much cheaper than that of Nairobi, Koolo, dont call me travel agent hee :D

MZanzi   

nuun walahi xariif atahay..laakin howcome you forget the damn KANEECO @ kambala airport lol

Nuunow hada kahor aan meeshas tagay walaahi its one of the safest countries in africa kambala caadi ma ahan Moto biki biki aaba TAXI ka ah meesha

Faynuus   

Thanks guys. I thought of going through Kampala but it is a very long and risky way baa la igu yiri. I am travelling with a little kid anigana hirig ma ka bixi karo. But i will try the freind in kenya route first and it doesnt work out, kamapala is my only way in. laakiin what about hadaad rabtid inaad kenya dhex wareegto until Garissa and back hadhoow ayadana soo ma adkaanayso?

am waiting Nuune.

Oz   

Feynuus,

Nuune gave you the best option, I don't think there is other options left.

The busses that leave kampala to Nairobi are safe and it would be better if you have a family member in Uganda.

PS: Traveling to kenya with a travel document is way too risky and they will get on your nerves.

Originally posted by Allamagan:

Some of the Sujui brothers out there are real Vssholes and can get you in trouble. They work with the local police officers and you will get un expected visit by one of these guys right in your hotel room checking your papers. They will say to you
"Do something"
i.e they need your money, bribery. I dont mean to scare you but thats reality down there I am talking from my own experiences. If you taking that route always make sure you have someone who knows the culture and know-how waiting for you there otherwise af-libaax aa ku geleysaa halkaa waana lagu furunaa.

Ah the good old days of "reality down there" in Africa! Saaxiib, you reminded me of a song I used to listen to when I was little boy growing up in the motherland. A song by Victor Kachaka from Zambia, called It is True. Here are the lyrics....

It is true, It is true.

Is it true that authority says very bad, but you give it a cup of tea, Chai, very hot. Mixed with a bit of toa kitu kidogo, that is bribery.

It is true, It is true.

Is it true that you take somebody's car by force gunpoint, then you sit back and shamelessly say to yourself "I am rich, I have bought a car!" Oh no that is robbery.

It is true, It is true.

Robbery, true.

bribery, true.

stealing, true.

speeding, true.

These are bad things, true x2

If anybody asks you whether these things do exist Say true.

If you don't believe me, I'll tell you a story about speeding. You see I was in that vehicle, I was in that matatu

Then he moved on to gear one. Then he moved on to gear two. then he jumped on to gear four. he moved on and on and on, uuraaaaa...uuraaaaa Matatutatutatutatutatutatu

You move too fast, I screamed You move too fast, I screamed

We are going to crush, crush, crush. x2 Aaaargaaaaaaaaaaaaa

It is true, It is true

It was like aparthied x2

I am happy it is gone x2

For I am free at last x2

I am free at last!

Click here to listen to It is True

dhulQarnayn :cool:

Republic Of California

p.s

Oz...go Chelsea! We just humbled Man City and that Robinho kid they stole from us. party0030.gif

WE GONNA TAKE IT AGAIN!

FAC.jpg

Abwaan   

loooooooooool Maskiin Muqalaska ku lahaa waa iga qoslisey saaxiib. Haye adiga kuwii Cabdalla Shideeye baasaboorrada ku fujin jirey soo ka mid maahid maa u sharraxdid hee the best way mise waa ka ruqsaysatay oo arrimaha Kenya waa kaa weyn yihiin?