Sign in to follow this  
Passion_4_Fashion

WHATS WRONG WITH THE NOMADS, MAMA?

Salaams all

I have a simple question.....Soomalida badankood maxaa ganac sigooda isku mid ka dhigay? I don't know about Canada n America laakiin UK kulligood waxaa u wada furan Public calling Office n Internet Cafe. waxaad arkeysaa one street oo ka furan 5-7 tukaanadaas. why on earth are they coping each other? you know what's sad...Somali shops won't be open for one whole year...they are closing it down if they don't get profit. My lord....Somalis are very impatient compared to other nationalities.

plzzz share your views with us

Salma   

Here in UAE its either females stuff shops like "dorooc,oonsi and foox" or Xawaalado offices. That's all nothing else.

What really doesnt last for long times is the Somali Restaurants and Xalwadaha shops, dunno why :confused: , Maybe we are not that experts in the Foods Field.

P.S: I guess its good to open a Fast Food Restaurant for the Heleb Geel Burger, what u think? :D

Salam

Wiilo   

Dear where I live,(U.S.) we have the same thing, all the shops n all the restaurants are the same. Waxaa la dhihikaraa waa "Isfalisid". Or it can also be that all the Simalis know one way of doing business, i guess. Plus qiimaha alaabta qaarkood waa isku mid, qaarna aa qaali oo maba gadan kartid. Waxaa laga yaabaa labo Dukaan oo isku dhagan in Qiimaha Dirac isku joog ah for instance ay kala iibinaayaan labo qiimo oo kala duwan, oo difference weyn u dhexeeyo. Marka I think inaan u baahan nahay in aan barano sida business ka loo sameeyo. Oh, one thing, wax raciis layiraahdona ma bixiyaan, i don't know where u at haddii ay sidaa sameeyaan, balse halkaan maya qaanaan, n no return policy, haddii aad gadato ma soo celin kartid whatsoever...

Go figure

Tuujiye   

is because we are targetting only Somali people...

If we targeted people of every race and culture, we would have more different bussines..This is happening now in canada specialy in Toronto which is the fast bussines growing city in Somali bussineses.

wareer badanaa!!

Wiilo   

U r right we are targetting only Somali people, but when it comes to bussiness u must target all, u want make money, n that is what u should do in bussiness....................

IstacajAb:

Don't get me started on this one. One day I hope to do something different and useful which caters to Somalis and others. In the meanwhile, I cringe and plan. ;)

200 posts. :eek:

nafta   

i agree, i think they lack originality our people don't u think?

Besides the fact they don't really put in work is due to opening their businesess in not so suitable areas. They should go and open them on the High Streets, where people are more likely to spot you, and thus use whatever facilities you have to offer. A bit more variety wouldn't kill either. It seems like they have no business sense either. If your neighbour is selling the same products, why spend a fortune on getting the exactley same ones and then selling them too, mostly for the same price. Be a bit more competitive, offer lower prices, buy one get one free offers lol.

I think a solution would be for anyone who wants to open a business, enroll yourself into one of these quick business courses so you have an idea of what to expect, planning etc.

That's my three cents anyway

Hope you all had a nice eid smile.gif

Ciao

Qac Qaac   

ok if u all point this problem out, and u guys are next generation, ppl who are gonna graduate from universities, u guys come up with something new, coz our first generation to western countries did things only to survive but us we have to take it to another level, since we became one with this society... enough somalies are this and that. do something about it.. wa billahi tawfiiq..

Coloow   

Jalaqsan, waan ku salaamay. Arrintaani ma aha mid "off topic" ah, ee waxaan kaa codsanayaa inaad doodaan u rartid "camel milk debate".

This is an area, which I want to discuss to the bone. Waqtigaan xaadirka ah waqtiga ayaa igu yar, hase yeeshe waan ka qeyb qaadan doonaa doodaan,

Krupt33   

LOL Y'll should come see Minnasota for really!!! We have about five Somali malls which are all in 3miles radius and every other store sells the same stuff (female clothing) or tea, cooffe and soft drinks. But when you really look at it we(Somalis) are progressing very fast and it is not only us, is like that with every other nations that move to a new country. They open the same bussines all on one street until they adopt the culture of the country. That is the time bussineses open up in different places of the city. Because at first they all terget certain people that life in certain area. So please be patient. Soma i owned bussinses will grow all over the World(inshaallah).

Caaqil waan kaa qaaday....sectionka debateka uma badni sidaas daradeed baan inta uugu soo qoray, mideeda kale waxaan rajeynayaa inaad kasoo qeyb qaadatit doodaan, aniga mushaakil weyn baan u arkaa mawduucaan aan ka hadleyno.

Qacda....adiga horyaal noo noqo

N.O.R.F   

True Somalis do tend to suffer from un-originality and target only their own. But there some pioneers out there who shy away from setting up business in predominently somali area.

For example

An internet cafe is very profitable if set up in the right area in London. A cosmopolitan area where both young professionals and recently migrated ppl live side by side in rented, private and council housing.

There is one Internet cafe in East London that is making a killing because its in a very good location with cheap rent. After your weekly/monthly calculation you do not declare the whole of your profit but only some (for tax purposes) hence where the 'killing' comes into play.

Therefore, it may be un-imaginative or 'boring' but the colour of money is always the same if you own an internet cafe or a five star hotel.