Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Kulmiye Party Conference In East London

omaliland Public Affairs Committee and British Somaliland Citizens Organisation inconjuction with Kulmiye Party presents a conference on the development of Somaliland.

The agenda of the evening includes the following but is not limited to the development of Somaliland and in particular the conference will look at Somaliland health system, education, agriculture and life stock, economic development, social devolvement, freedom of expression, and the environment. We will also look at Kulmiye party role in democracy building in Somaliland and the preparation for the next election in Somaliland. In addition will would look at the relationship and corporation of Somaliland and Britain in areas of economic development, political development, social development and counter-terrorism.

Waxaa dhamaan laamaha UK, iyo dhamaan dad weeynaha tageerayaasha xisbiga kulmiye iyo cidii kalee danaaynaysa isbedelka siyasadeed ee Somaliland la ogaysinayaa inuu xisbiga Kulmiye ku qabanaayo bariga magaalada London gaar ahaan xaafada Tower Hamlets,Shirkan oo aay soo qaban qaabiyeen Gudida fulinta ee Bariga London gaar ahaan xaafada Tower Hamlets iyo Somaliland Public Affairs Committee and British Somaliland Citizens Organisation. Sidaas aawgeed waxaa dhamaan tagerayaasha xisbiga si xishmad leh looga codsanayaa inaay ka soo qaayb galaan shirkan.Ulajeeda ugu weeyn ee shirkan ayaa ah inaay xubnaha hogaanka ka mida ee dalka jooga iyo MPyada dalka jogaan tagerayaasha uga xog waramaan starategyda xisbiga ee guud iyo haawlaha doorashooyinka foolka inagu soo foolka haya.

The Guest Speakers:

Mayor of Tower Hamlets: Mayor Ahmed Cumar

Cabdi Raxmaan Cabdi Qaadir faarac-Gudoomiyaha labaade Xisbiga

Dr Mohamed Cabdillahi

Dr Cabdi Aawdaahir

Xildhibaan Xuseen Cilmi Rooble-

Xildhibaan Ikraam Xaaji Daaud

Ahmed Cadani-Gudoomiyihii horee gudida dorashooyinka

Ahmed Cali Goodir---Xubin Gudidii horee Doorashada ah

Ibrahin xuseen--Gudoomiyaha Xisbiga UK

Maxamed Yonis

Laamaha Xisbiga ee London/Uk

Wixii faah faahinee intaas dheer fadlan kala xidhiidh haawl wadeenada hoos ku qora:

-------------------------Contact details:--------------------------------------

Awale Elmi - Gudoomiyaha Somaliland Puplic Affairs Committees-07904788848

Ahmed Mohamed Ahmed - Gudoomiyaha- British Somaliland Citizen Organisation 07538734039

Kaayse Geele xidig - Gudoomiyaha Bariga London- 07538753480

Siciid Xaaji Xassan- Afhayeenka iyo isku xidhaha Bariga London

Jaamac Cali Muuse - Gudoomiye ku xigeenka Bariga London - 07507567793

C/Raxmaan Cali Togdheer-- Somaliland British Ctzn Org -07950195174

Venue:

Drapers Lecture Theatre, Queen Mary University,Mile End Road,London E1 Jimcaha 15ka Jan 2010 6-9pm

Transport:

Stepney Green and Mile End Station

Buses: 205 ,25, 309 ,D6 ,D7 and 276

Ibtisam   

:D:D Qarxis.com @ JB :D:D

I would have gone, but these things are always 90% Male, old and everyone wants to give a speech at question time.

They did not even bother to invite a women as the guest. How can you have a conference on development with no female rep?

^ I think you would find that there are several women on the panel though many have yet to be confirmed as of yet, not to mention the number of females who have worked hard to put this event together. Yes I agree! usually many of these events are hijack by old people but these people are the backbone of the somaliland community in London. Instead of hurling insults IBZ, I suggest you come down and ask questions of your own choosing.

IBZ, sida kaale your presence is not required your 'somalilandness' is questionable.

Ibtisam   

Max: I don't see any females, aside from maybe "Xildhibaan Ikraam Xaaji Daaud" Should it not be "Xildhibad" anyway.

I agree yes these people are the backbone of the somaliland community in London. But they are old and will die soon, people like ME questionable or not are the future- so it is in their interest and in the interest of the sustainability of their project if they can attract the younger generation to their project.

I know yourself and few of the guys listed above, but come on six organisations are listed and not a single one could put forward a female. It is a tragic really that you continue to marginalise 55% of the your potential population, as a result you are missing out on all their skills and ideas- particularly where development is concerned.

When ever I do go to these kind of meetings, I always ask their about their ideas about women and the role of women and projects for women; often they have no answers.

NGONGE   

JB, Bakhayl ma ihi. I support Udub dee. But if I go to the Kulmiye meeting they'll send me an old man/woman that I respect and I'll end up paying up. :D

Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

Max: I don't see any females, aside from maybe "Xildhibaan Ikraam Xaaji Daaud" Should it not be "Xildhibad" anyway.

I agree yes these people are
the backbone of the somaliland community in London. But they are old and will die soon, people like ME questionable or not are the future- so it is in their interest and in the interest of the sustainability of their project if they can attract the younger generation to their project.

I know yourself and few of the guys listed above, but come on six organisations are listed and not a single one could put forward a female. It is a tragic really that you continue to marginalise 55% of the your potential population, as a result you are missing out on all their skills and ideas- particularly where development is concerned.

When ever I do go to these kind of meetings, I always ask their about their ideas about women and the role of women and projects for women; often they have no answers.

Eedo IBZ,

You need to keep an open mind. People are different and each person has different experiences.

Somaliland is a young democracy and shouldn't be compared to developed democracies like the UK or US. It will take many year before the 55% you alleged are represented proportional across Somaliland. Somaliland has its own political, economic and social trajectories to other nations and could thus not be compared to any other nation. The suffragettes got the right to vote only in the last century and the African Americans after the civil rights movement and 40 years later there was a black president.I do not speak for these organisations you have previously encountered and therefore I am not liable for their lack of answers as far as women represention is concerned. However there are many people working hard to ensure that female are represented across Somaliland politics both in Somaliland and in the Diaspora. Having said that, these are measure in which we can can improve on as Somaliland democracy goes from strength to strength but right now, its important that we establish the precondition for development including recogntion, security and ensuring the delivery of basic services.

As far as sustainability goes, there are concerted efforts to ensure that that Somaliland organisations adopt new modes of working and to represent a broad spectrum of interest not least, to establish committees to work together in more effective ways.

'' come on six organisations are listed and not a single one could put forward a female.'' '

Can I ask where you got six different organisations from? There are only three different organisations working together to put this event together. One is Kulmiye political party and the other two organisations are independent all inclusive, interest based, policy and political lobby group for Somaliland.