Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Big Brother - The Somalis have arrived

Tonight was one of those amazing TV nights. Friends - the last ever episode :( , American Idol - finale(you go Fantasia smile.gif ) ... and BIG BROTHER UK 2004 .

BB 2004, I predict is going to be a year to remember!!! Tossed in that little house is a Somali - a muslim, a minority, an asylum seeker, two homosexuals - both versions, a girly one and a manly one , a transexual, a striper, a lesbian feminist who is also a political activist, a bisexual woman, 2 barbies, a self proclaimed 20yr old genuis, another self-tittled alpha-male and last but def not da least, a seemingly dumb girl. Talk about stereotypes eh? Reality TV at its BEST.

housematesmainpage_ahmed.jpg

Ahmed Aghil

Ahmed is originally from Somalia, but had to flee during the civil war and came to England as an asylum seeker. He is now a British citizen. Ahmed is a Muslim and speaks English, Italian, Arabic, Somali and Merkani and recently got a law degree.

Click here for MORE info

** I hope Ahmed can stick around for more than a couple of weeks**

woooooooooooooooooow heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey guys ahmed aghil is my ina adeer (far couzin ) he made it waaaaaaaaaw am proud ...

asxantu

Today, he was not only shaking hands, rubbing shoulders, giving hugs and kisses for free.... but... * too grossed out to say * ... walking around Naked!!! :eek:

NGONGE   

He's going to get evicted first. There is no chance that this guy is ever going to win or last in there for more than two weeks. I was never a fan of Big Brother but now with this guy in there, I just can't help but stare. Just as I would do if I came across some horrific accident!

:eek: :eek:

Blessed   

Originally posted by Seven of Nine:

Today, he was not only shaking hands, rubbing shoulders, giving hugs and kisses for free.... but... *
too grossed out to say
* ... walking around Naked!!! :eek:

Wooooah! No I need to see this. Great reporting gabadh, thanx. smile.gif

*go off to dhig out the old ariel*

I was actually pretty excited about seeing a Somali on TV...hoping he would break the stereotypical image ppl have of asylum seekers as lazy, uneducated, jobless parasites. He has managed that somewhat...but a complete let down as a muslim and some1 with principles. I was just watching him a few min ago in the jacuzzi with all of them, wine slowly fallin into the water and him sittin there with his legs interwined with all the others. I do hope he gets booted out. He is embarrasing to say the least. Everytime he does something out of character, I just cringe!

2158_kittennom_firstimage.jpg

^^ Hugging the lesbian babe. He was quoted saying,"I like you very much".

I've registered in da BB forum to defend his *** though :D ...not that I care for him but because of pathetic comments about asylum seekers/muslims/minorities etc.

And other equally pathetic topics like these:

Ahmed doesn't drink!!

Homophobe

Ahmed's private section

OG_Girl   

Is that what he wants? to win ?. I support him cos he is Somali.

Good luck for him from my heart.

Salam

N.O.R.F   

I hope hes evicted ASAP,,,, dont need another embarassment on national TV :rolleyes: , i will be voting for him to get evicted,,,,,whats that number again??

Jumatatu   

People bear in mind we are a growing community with diverse interests and practices, and hence should appreciate each others preference however distasteful it may look. Not that I like the values of BB, but on the basis that I share,allegedly, with Ahmed my nationality I will support him. I say allegedly cause there are many people like NGONGE who have never been to Somalia came here to apply for asylum claiming to be Somalis.

LoOoooooL! I swear I was never a fan of BB but I AM HOOKED on BB5! HOOKED I tell ya! I kinda support him (Ahmad, that is)...but oh my God, is he cringe-making! I almost bit off my tongue when he kept on hugging that deluded lesbian. Arrrrrrrrg! Man....wat happened to being homophobic? Oh the embarrasment of it all. redface.gif

Nonetheless, I shall be glued to the TV screen this next month IA....they picked the wierdest characters ever this year. *Giggles wildly* Oh wat fun viewing!

Go Ahmad, Go Ahmad, Go Ahmad....

He's boring in a way innit? I was expecting him to make some very politically incorrect comments by now...but he's keeping schtum and pleasant. Just sucks I tell ya. SUCKS!

Erm..maybe I shouldn't have had that last cup of coffee.

*Scratches head* :confused:

NGONGE   

I say allegedly cause there are many people like NGONGE who have never been to Somalia came here to apply for asylum claiming to be Somalis.

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Jumatatu, you're right saxib. But, I was born in Somalia and when I do return to Burco there will be much rejoicing. :rolleyes:

As for this guy, well, I can't see much I could support him on. Sharing the same nationality is not enough. Sharing the same religion is not enough. In fact, I received a couple of phone calls from old university friends telling me they thought that guy was me when they read that he was a somali! (As if!). :mad:

I'm not sure if you watched the show but this guy was sitting in the jacuzzi naked! NAKED! He claims to be a homophobe yet he can't keep his hands off all those gays and lesbians! He even hugged the transsexual!

For a small nation on the outskirts of Africa we sure make the loudest noise, man. How come I never hear of any Bolivians or Chinese, yet everytime I switch my TV on, there is some somali face staring back at me? :confused:

king_450   

Let him have his 15-minute of fame.

We Somalis has a tendancy of Generalizing every details,what if he kisses Trans, or homo,that is his business.Perhaps he want come out from the closet or not.

Originally posted by NGONGE:

I'm not sure if you watched the show but this guy was sitting in the jacuzzi naked! NAKED! He claims to be a homophobe yet he can't keep his hands off all those gays and lesbians! He even hugged the transsexual!

I know...aint that just disgusting! I take back my support, he's obviously a few prawns short of a full cocktail.

redface.gif :mad: :rolleyes:

Jumatatu   

Now now people where is your tolerance...dont tell me you want the whole Somali people to be your ideal charecters...if the guy chose to hug, mingle and associate himself with all the values this BB is giving it is 'his' choice.Yeah..and your choice is either vote for him or dont vote at all. Bet if the guy won the roll over jackpot last weekend praises would have been due.

NGONGE pal dont worry we will nominate you 'again' next year...but we have to improvise on the reasons u failed to qualify this year smile.gif

AYOUB   

Jumatatu would you have the same attitude if it was a girl who was 'behaving' this way?

I think Ahmed will be come out soon :eek:

What is this Merkani language anyway?