Sign in to follow this  
- Femme -

Just another hypothetical question

underdog   

Originally posted by Isis Naomi:

Men, if your first wife refuses to raise your children by your late second wife, would you divorce her or have them raised by someone else?

**No trolling please**

Read in a book huh? Whats the name of the book and its ISBN?

NG hit the nail on the head. Is this dead woman a mistress or a 2nd wife?

If she was a wife, then wife #1 has to raise the kid. The alternative being getting a new #2 to take the role. Because its safe to assume the reasons and situations that led to the acquisition of the original #2 are still present.

Kool_Kat   

Mistress or 2nd wife, there's no way in hell I would rise my husband's other wife's children...Specially, hadaananba ogeyn naagta ineyba jirtay...Sheekoy kunacay...Isaga iyo caruurtiisa banaanka ha'iskula bood boodaan...

MZanzi   

it's easier said than done

sheekada afka weey kasah lantahay ..bustaa a meeshaan laiska wada jafaa kawaran

ar waxaas inta kabaxdaan ilmada aad dhashay walaal ama walaashood halo naxo oo hala koriyo

Khayr   

Originally posted by underdog:

quote:Originally posted by Isis Naomi:

Men, if your first wife refuses to raise your children by your late second wife, would you divorce her or have them raised by someone else?

**No trolling please**

If she was a wife, then wife #1 has to raise the kid. The alternative being getting a new #2 to take the role. Because its safe to assume the reasons and situations that led to the acquisition of the original #2 are still present.
Saxibo,

When did you get your PH.D in psychology? :D

Malika   

^Didn't you know he is our own in-house Dr in the Women Section..Lol[Jokes UD]

I wouldn't have a problem raising that child,they will be agoon iyo rajoo,apart from the ajaar of raising an orphan child, that child would be the sister of my own children..But this will require a higher level of imaaan, only a pious person will over come the disappointment and forgive those involved so to be able to be the best career to the child.

Cara.   

Seems like if you already got over him cheating and decided to stay with him, raising the child isn't that big of a roadblock.

But you will resent the child and make her life a subtle misery. Even if you try to treat her right, nosy relatives will soon clue her in, and then she'll will make YOUR life a tedious power struggle as she constantly compares you to her late lamented hooyo macaan who would never talk to her in that tone of voice, ever. She will become wild and run around (the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, people will say), then secretly marry someone of an undesirable ethnicity. After her 2nd child, she will discover religion or Freud, and will clumsily try to make amends with you (as the psychotherapist/sheik recommended), but by then you will just be a bitter old woman and will blame her for your acute rheumatism and cataracts.

I say go for it.

Originally posted by underdog:

Oops. You caught me. I must be an ***** to think that I could get away with something like that with Underdog here. The story is really about me. I'm having a moral dilemma about raising these children.

For the other skimmers...the mistress is in the book...I tried to relate the issue to folks here and thus the 2nd wife.

AYOUB   

Let's say your
hypothetical
husband has been secretly married to his second wife for a while. She dies. He comes to you and tells you about the situation and you decide to stay with him. Would you raise his child(ren) with that woman if he asked or insist that they be raised by her family (or anyone else for that matter)?

Yes, of course. Vy not? smile.gif

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Cara:

But you will resent the child and make her life a subtle misery. Even if you try to treat her right, nosy relatives will soon clue her in, and then she'll will make YOUR life a tedious power struggle as she constantly compares you to her late lamented hooyo macaan who would never talk to her in that tone of voice, ever. She will become wild and run around (the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, people will say), then secretly marry someone of an undesirable ethnicity. After her 2nd child, she will discover religion or Freud, and will clumsily try to make amends with you (as the psychotherapist/sheik recommended), but by then you will just be a bitter old woman and will blame her for your acute rheumatism and cataracts.

I say go for it.

What makes you assume the child is a she, you rabid feminist?

It is actually a he and was the whole reason for the cheating. The first wife was only giving birth to girls (yuk) and the poor man wanted a boy to keep the family name going. Why else do you think he is expecting his wife to carry out the outrageous task of raising another woman's child? It was a he I tell you.

underdog   

Originally posted by Khayr:

Saxibo,

When did you get your PH.D in psychology?
:D

Khayr, I don't need a Ph.D, just some basic association skills.

- The child and I share a biological bond

- The Wife and I share an emotional/legal bond

If we can't all get along, there's only one of the above bonds that can be broken. Besides no child of mine will be raised away from me.

Malika,

The patients in the section are well beyond my help.

Aaliyyah   

I would not stay with him nor raise his child. Of course that child is innocent but why should I raise that child. am sure they can find someone who's related to the child.Or, the guy can marry again and raise that child. Either way, it has nothing to do with me.

wuu nasiib badanyahay hadaan aayar bacdiisa madow banaanka ugu dhigo :D

If she was a wife, then wife #1 has to raise the kid.

Underdog, says who??? that baby ada dhalooday ..adaana korsanaya...the 1st wife has nothing to do with it. miyeey kula dhashay ..isma odhan!!

tan kale she said something about hiding it?? like the guy got married without his 1st wife knowing. In that case who gives meshuu rabo ilmahiisa hakala dhoco. On the other hand, say the guy divorced me and married another wife and then that wife died? and say in that case there's no one else out there in the whole wide world that can raise the child like the guy has no relatives..the 2nd wife has no relatives...then I might raise the child on my own. Even though its highly recommended that the guy marries again and raises his own child. After all I am mere human and I might end up mistreating the child or maybe the child will think am mistreating simply cuz am not his/her biological mom. Really its very complicated issue, but people are better off raised by some one who is related to them....

salaaam