Click on 69

A more reliable source i think ;)

Christianity 105% increase

Judaism 90% increase

Islam 209% increase

Buddism 269% increase

Muslims Increased by 703,000 in number

Buddists Increased by 681,000 in number

Now that we have determined the top two (Islam then Buddism) from the official US Census 2001 figures, this proves your whole argument about other religions being ahead of Islam WRONG! icon_razz.gif

ps enjoy stats from Canada, check out the second table, watch out now this may upset you even more :D

Your move pinky

Baluug   

Numbers mean absolutely nothing. Just because there are a billion christians in the world doesn't mean they're right.

me   

Numbers matter, think religious wars, man power???

Imagine how many potential suicide-bombers there are out there.

Humans SUCK!

MC Xamar, no one is wrong. We are all right. Everyone has a point. The Muslims are right, the christians are right, the jews, the budhists the hindu's even the non-believers ate right.

The problems are nor religions but the problem is people, wanna solve the worlds problems? KILL ALL HUMANS.

Originally posted by ibtisam:

^^^lool

This is getting old. Somali's like all other nations, have self confessed atheists, Christians, and any other religion they choose to follow. A religion is something you choose to believe and follow, not something that is exclusive with being a Somali. I have personally met 2Somali non Muslims, one Christian and one atheist. They are normal people, like me and you but with different believe. I don't see why we should be shocked or treat them any different than other non Muslim people we meet in our everyday life.

People changing religion is a common thing and happens all the time. The prophet (BPUH) said that someone can wake up as a Muslim and die as non-believer and visa verse, or live their whole life as a Muslim and die in the state of kufur, again visa verse. So I don’t know why people are surprised.

In any case we all come across, people who have very questionable characteristic or in compromising situations which take them out of the fold of Islam, which again shows that being a Muslim is not a so straight forward.

Almost to the point but to my knowledge, Somalia are 99.97% Muslims...

Anyway, Read this Non-Believers and Atheist Sura in the Holy Quraan

Surah 109. The Disbelievers, Atheists

1. Say : O ye that reject Faith!

2. I(Mohamed) worship not that which ye(atheist and non-beleivers) worship,

3. Nor will ye worship that which I worship.

4. And I will not worship that which ye have been wont to worship,

5. Nor will ye worship that which I worship.

6. To you be your Way, and to me mine.

Originally posted by RendezVous:

[QB]
Originally posted by Valenteenah:

[qb] ...I was told a dozen of them were seen
with some few dollars to preach anti-islam biblical teachings In somali
..The problem started when they went to the Somalis preaching..

Preacher: (starts saying) Illahi,iyo wilkiisa..

Somali audience: (suprised and thinking) Prophet Mohamed.. :mad: :mad:

Somalis know Illahi as Allah and there was a problem for another christian preacher when he was asked, why don't you mention Prophet Mohamed saw..which he couldn't describe..

It is ironic coz in our own Islamic preaching, we mention, our dear prophet Mohamed together with Prophet Issa(jesus)Allahi salaam..

What do u call Prophet Mohamed, you Somali christians?????

I wish not to hear...Inaanki..Gosh, that is the time am going to fight you :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Northerner:

Click on 69

A more reliable source i think

How is it more reliable, it's the same damn survey I provided. Maybe you need catarct surgery to correct your vision but can anyone spot the difference between these 2 allegedly disparate sources:

my source

Click on 69. North's supposedly more reliable source

The exact same survey, the most comprehensive one we can get our hands on. Beats me why he'd say they're different... well, I kinda have a hunch but lets see what else he has to say.

Christianity 105% increase

Judaism 90% increase

Islam 209% increase

Buddism 269% increase

Muslims Increased by 703,000 in number

Buddists Increased by 681,000 in number

As we've seen, you relied on the same source I used. Thus, there's no way short of using fudge math you could've come up with numbers you have above. Judiasm lost followers, not grow by 90%. Islam grew by 577k not 703k. You deliberately made up these numbers to agree with your starting premise.

Auspiciously, now is the time to comment on your repeated and unacceptable flagrant breach of scholarly integrity. You deliberately presented false data in this thread not once, not twice but thrice. This renders you unworthy adversary since you only care about scoring points and not getting to the bottom of truth. If you were interested in finding out whether Islam was fastest growing religion in the US, you wouldn't be so disingenuous.

No point in continuing this any further.

ElPunto   

^I think you need to take it easy there SB - there is a lot of murkiness in the numbers.

--------------------------------

Date Number of Muslims Note Source Ref.

2001- 1.1 million adults; 1.8 million adults and children A ARIS study 2

2000 1.6 million B Glenmary Research Center 1

2001-OCT 1.9 million C National Opinion Research Center 6

2001-APR 2 million Muslims D Hartford Institute for Religious Research 3

2001 2.8 million E American Jewish Committee 4

2001 4.1 million F Britannica book of the Year 6

2001 A little over 5 million G Abdul Malik Mujahid 9

2001 5.78 million H World Almanac 7

1995 6 million I CAIR 6

1997 6.7 million J Ilyas Ba-Yunus 8

2001-APR 6 to 7 million K Prof. Ihsan Bagby 6

2001 7.0 L Four Islamic groups 4

2002 7.0 M CAIR 5

1998 12 million N Pakistani newspaper

Originally posted by ThePoint:

^Source -

- You will also notice that the numbers you are arguing about are at the very low end of the estimates - which casts serious doubt on any firm reliance on them.

You're missing the point, The Point. The 1990-2001 ARIS survey is the most reliable and comprehensive survey we got. And the point was never about how muslims are in the States but whether or not Islam was fastest growing. For that we need the rates of growth of other religions for comparison. THis is why the ARIS survey is so handy in this debate, it has stats for almost every major religion.

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

quote:Originally posted by ThePoint:

^Source -

- You will also notice that the numbers you are arguing about are at the very low end of the estimates - which casts serious doubt on any firm reliance on them.

You're missing
the point
, The Point. The 1990-2001 ARIS survey is the most reliable and comprehensive survey we got. And
the point
was never about how muslims are in the States but whether or not Islam was fastest growing. For that we need the rates of growth of other religions for comparison. THis is why the ARIS survey is so handy in this debate, it has stats for almost every major religion.
I don't believe so :D Percentage increases are of little consequence since a tiny cult religion can double or triple with the addition of a few converts. So the best measure for any 'real' religion is number of adherents added. Can we really arrive at reliable numbers for adherents added if the current number of adherents is so widely disputed? I think not. As to the comprehensiveness of the survey - it may very well be - that needs to be investigated further. But the comprehensiveness of a study has little bearing on its accuracy or correctness. How's that for point? icon_razz.gif

N.O.R.F   

Granted, a miscalculation on my part :confused: and i havnt been able to find another source.

The research was done by The Graduare Centre but have a look at the methodology used -only 50,000 people surveyed by phone which is not an accurate representation (even if they claim otherwise).

I will give you this one SB based on stats that lack accuracy and is contracdicted by these articles on the same website.

1.1m Muslims in America in 2000 based on the stats but others claim 1.8, 2.3 and as far high a 7m?

Enjoy :mad:

Any figures for 2006?

Johnny B   

That is what i call a well fought battle !! ;)

Nevertheless ,the pleasure and deep satisfaction drawn from the notion "Islam is the fastest growing religion in America , in china , India or the whole world" goes to bro Northerner.

I woulden't deny him such a feeling , i would rather demand a stats for the number of ppl abandoning their belif of origin.

Now SB is neither a Christian preist or a Buddhist monk, but probably an honest Muslim, maybe too honest to call others Islam-haters when the tough gets going. :D

Tone:

homer DEFINITELY has an agenda...I think I know what it is but is pointless to discuss it.

The best of deductively reasoned conclusion, your invocation of the good on yiur side makes the two of you, but the good beeing everywhere but on your side, you could have spilled the beans and depicted his to be agenda as well. :D

Now , where are the Somali Christians? step forward and no matter what , Stay Somali . icon_razz.gif

On the issue of islam,time and time again i see the same faces[a fitting word will be arses or perhaps asses]thread in thread out.

Stuff a sock or two in it already :(