Sign in to follow this  
Gabar fiican

somali christians

Khalaf   

we believe in Islam because we believe it to be truth….not because of our parents. I have read the old and new testament….because there was this preacher kid in school and I did it to counter him.

Somali Christians is funny joke….they want us to believe that after reading the Quran, understanding Islam u leave it for a religion that says God (subhanallah!) had a son (how can that be possible subhanallah!) and his only son was killed on the cross to die for our sins. C passion of the christ-subhana! Yet in the same bible it says the son shall not take the burden of the father! Bible, christiantiy, is a joke full of contridictions!

web page

Islam is the truth simple way of life….and it is a religion for man of understanding. Look at those who convert to Islam-they are learned men and women who searched for the truth much, scientists, preachers, monks, nuns, very educated ppl!

Allah says about the Quran: "If it had been from anyone except Allah, they would surely have found in it much discrepency (contradictions)." There is none like Islam and the Quran!

But we shouldn’t worry about stories like this…..Islam will exist until the end of times lets concentrate on being better Muslims…..and not ourselves being Muslims by name and not by deeds. Remember a Munafiq is worse then a Kufar! There are more of those I think!

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

quote:Originally posted by Modesty:

^stubborn due to brainwashing.

Since you believe Islam due to your parents being muslims, how are you different?
There is no brainwashing of Muslims..We are learned people who have studied theology and religious dialogue like the famous Islamic debator , Sheikh Ahmed Deedat's from South Africa , Read his books here...

By the way, Did u ever read these stuff..........Meant to taunt the propagandas they have waged against Islam..Kudos to this website

Baluug   

Originally posted by Northerner:

I met one. very stubborn!

I met one too. He was also gay!! And to top it all off, he started hitting on me!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I never knew I was so attractive.... :D

N.O.R.F   

^^ :eek: You should have slapped him some

Somali non muslims are stubborn due to them being pressured by their muslim somali peers. a natural somali reaction to be stubborn? or blind to the facts?

I think its the former more than the latter,

Modesty   

Socod, don't dare say I follow Islam blindly, I am not muslim because my parents are muslim because I know my deen, and I have no doubt that Islam is the correct path. On the contrary, many christians are taught to not question their faith, to believe in the trinity blindly.

Originally posted by Khalaf:

we believe in Islam because we believe it to be truth….not because of our parents.

And yet your parents were muslims, just like you. What was your point again?

I have read the old and new testament….because there was this preacher kid in school and I did it to counter him.

I very much doubt you did such thing. For one, being cought reading OT and NT is prospect every muslim must avoid in most muslim majority nations. In some countries, you can find yourself incarcerated like criminal if found carrying a Bible. In others, there's frightful stigma attached to converting to or even taking interests (even if for research purposes) in other religions .

Of more relavence is the futility of a muslim in muslim dominant country reading the Bible (or any non-muslim holy text). Apostasy is capital crime in many muslim countries... so what's the point of reading other holy texts? It's not like you were ever seriously going to consider leaving Islam.

lets concentrate on being better Muslims…..and not ourselves being Muslims by name and not by deeds.

In Islam, being better muslim and doing the deeds of a better muslim are inextricably tied. How does one become a better muslim if not through good deeds?

Remember a Munafiq is worse then a Kufar! There are more of those I think!

A meaningless blurb. Without qualifying, it means nothing of substance. Adjectives don't make a man, they don't earn you a ticket to eternal salvation... it's your deeds that will.

Suppose this, all to real, scenario. A depraved, psychopathic Kufr and a Munaafiq who does all the good things expected of the ideal muslim. No chance in hell will you convince me or any rational minded person the latter is worse than the former.

Originally posted by RendezVous:

There is no brainwashing of Muslims..

Whether muslims are brainwashed or not is a moot point. According to Modesty Christians believing what they're told is unique occurance with no parallels. I raised the rhetorical question, how is she any different to get her to think.

If you look the religious figures from most countries, you'll find a consistant pattern. Most people of faith follow the faith of their parents. THis seams to be true for Muslims as well.

We are learned people who have studied theology

Oh! I see now! Telling bold faced lies has become a fashion statement, heh?

Who you think you're jiving here pal? And who is the we you talk of? I hope you didn't mean Somalis, the majority ethnic somalis can't even read. They're illiterate. I'd bet the same is true for many other muslims.

Originally posted by Modesty:

Socod, don't dare say I follow Islam blindly, I am not muslim because my parents are muslim because I know my deen, and I have no doubt that Islam is the correct path.

Now you're trying desparately to mimic a trained seal. Why, I don't know.

I know you said you believe Islam because your parents were not muslim. They believed in the funky Lizard Worshipping Cult... you found Islam after harrowing escape, in the nick of time, just before the savage Lizard worshippers were to sacrifice you to the Lizard God. You get my sympathy for your terrifying ordeal but as far as believability goes, it flunks big time.

Castro   

^ Congrats on your 1000th post, good SB. How you survived this long with writings such as the above, I cannot explain. Who said there was no nepotism on SOL? :D

N.O.R.F   

If you look the religious figures from most countries, you'll find a consistant pattern. Most people of faith follow the faith of their parents. THis seams to be true for Muslims as well.

Alxamdullilah saxib, alxamdullilah!

Just this past friday an Indian made his shahada in the masjid i was at masha allah. Statistics revealed in a website (i will find it) revealed that most reverts here are of western (white) origin with Filipino and Chinese behind. Indians are a stubborn bunch, you notice just from talking to them.

Originally posted by Northerner:

Just this past friday an Indian made his shahada in the masjid i was at masha allah. Statistics revealed in a website (i will find it) revealed that most reverts here are of western (white) origin with Filipino and Chinese behind.

I like to see stats... very much doubt Westerners are reverting to Islam in droves, specially in post-9/11 climate. In the States, I think Budhism is fastest growing religion. And about people reverting to Islam, it means nothing. People convert/revert between religions all the time, nothing unique about few Western reverts.

But my central point still stands. Most people of faith, 85-95%, follow the same faith as their parents.

Indians are a stubborn bunch, you notice just from talking to them.

India has one of the largest muslim populations. There are more muslims in India than Pakistan and nearly as many as in Indonesia. Striking statistic.