galbeedi

Garacad port is a great lesson for Somalis every where

galbeedi   
49 minutes ago, Illyria said:

the same applies to construction material, other imported goods etc. Size might be a factor,

Large ships, easy docking and unloading could definitely reduce import prices. Commercial propane will improve lives in big cities. This port could provide service from Mudug to Hiiraan, Somali regions from Wardheer to Godey and Qalaafe. Boosaaso might be only a gateway to gulf ports, livestock exports and reduced capacity just like Berbera. 

Despite these success stories, what you need is a functioning Somali state to open international markets for livestock exports that could earn Somali nomads billions of dollars.

• Like 1

Illyria   
14 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

I want to know if the price of land increased 😊

In conservative estimation, I would say in multifold, if you could even find a lot in a 20 mile radius, and even in Galkacyo and Galdogob lots outside of the cities more than doubled from a year ago.

13 hours ago, galbeedi said:

Despite these success stories, what you need is a functioning Somali state to open international markets for livestock exports that could earn Somali nomads billions of dollars.

No matter how good, the private sector could never replace the role of functioning, competent State institutions.  Just look at the nightmare unfolding with air traffic control.

Illyria   

This is a good beginning, a Somali enterprise making gradual progress: a chartered container ship by Somalis, the largest according to some sources, by SomLink logistics docking at a Somali port.

434193983_25831415023124575_2845204565180863936_n.jpg.35a9e53818226893d6b9e82d4699dcf5.jpg

434219109_25831414819791262_1451216160466620131_n.jpg.e98434c5907c13237169303708ed8614.jpg

galbeedi   

We might have been even duped long time ago. I know some Somalis had put their hard earned money, but looking back , the quick manner the money was raised , and the millions still pouring while making probably 10 cents to the dollar, I suspect the Emirates could be the owners behind the curtain. 

It was a completion of the gulf. Qatar wanted Hobyo and UAE probably raised to the game quickly and beat them for Garacad. Two nights ago C/laahi Dani was in Dubai, but suddenly flew to Addis for an emergency meeting. If the Sheikh is correct, and that is a big if, them a lot of questions will arise from Garacad.

9 minutes ago, galbeedi said:

the quick manner the money was raised , and the millions still pouring while making probably 10 cents to the dollar, I suspect the Emirates could be the owners behind the curtain

galbeedi, saaxiib maxaa ku gu dhacay. Since you drink Xamar water, you have been poisoned with Puntland naceeb and Deni. Maxaa ku soo gaadhay xaaraantii la qaybinayay, mise waad u malafsanaysaa.

please dont take credit away where it is due.

Garacad is owned and built by the locals. No but or no If.

I know it is hard to believe, because of the state that the rest of Somalia is in, but i can assure you, UAE dont own anything here. Where have you seen UAE doing something tangible for any one.

I also can assure you, UAE will never going to be allowed to buy Garacad or run it. for the last three years we were hearing some people who want to discredit Deni, he sold Garacad to UAE, he sold Xaafuun, but never materialise. Any one can say what they like. But if there is no evidence It is a fake news.

Garacad, is testimony for the people of Puntland, their corporation, their forward looking, their system, and any one who would like to take that away is dishonest and should be called out.

galbeedi   
2 minutes ago, Qurac&qansax said:

galbeedi, saaxiib maxaa ku gu dhacay. Since you drink Xamar water, you have been poisoned with Puntland naceeb and Deni. Maxaa ku soo gaadhay xaaraantii la qaybinayay, mise waad u malafsanaysaa.

Absolutely no hatred in my heart for Puntland. How could I? Puntland is the guardian of the Somali constitutional system, the check and balance for the Unakaa leh.

You might sense some exaggeration on my part regarding the news from the Sheikh, but when thing I learned in Mogadishu is that Somali leaders usually don't make any tangible deals when they meet foreign leaders, except give away what is left of the country. The only thing standing is public assets, like airports, ports and the huge Somali ocean waters.

It isn't secret that during Nairobi negotiations between Routu and Abiy, the Garacad port was on the table. I don't in what terms, but was suggested as one of exit mechanisms for Abiy yo get out of the MOU. Anyway, the truth will come out. As the Sheikh says, if you try to deal with those who are trying to control trade in the region, expect a serious damage.

Tell me what would Dani give to UAE?  the far sheikhs control every port in the Red sea and Indian ocean corridor except Djibouti which they left few years ago,  Mombasa and Mogadishu. Aden is gone, Port Sudan is out of order due to civil war and they manage the Egyptian ports. Now please tell us what your buddy Dani has to offer? Haafuun is out of the question other than mineral righta.

43 minutes ago, galbeedi said:

We might have been even duped long time ago. I know some Somalis had put their hard earned money, but looking back , the quick manner the money was raised , and the millions still pouring while making probably 10 cents to the dollar, I suspect the Emirates could be the owners behind the curtain. 

It was a completion of the gulf. Qatar wanted Hobyo and UAE probably raised to the game quickly and beat them for Garacad. Two nights ago C/laahi Dani was in Dubai, but suddenly flew to Addis for an emergency meeting. If the Sheikh is correct, and that is a big if, them a lot of questions will arise from Garacad.

I can't speak to Deni's intentions, but there was nothing quick or cheap, but the project has been in the works since Abdiweli Gas's admin. It was slow and purposeful and the money was raised by many Somalis  These are investors not philanthropists. And having seen what the Emirates did to Bosaso Port, no one was interested in handing the port to them. 

galbeedi   
1 hour ago, Che -Guevara said:

. And having seen what the Emirates did to Bosaso Port, no one was interested in handing the port to them. 

We all hope that is the cae. Why would anyone throw away the only successful Somali project in the last 30 years?

Arafaat   
3 hours ago, galbeedi said:

We all hope that is the cae. Why would anyone throw away the only successful Somali project in the last 30 years?

Because it’s a business, with investors hoping for a return and if those investors receive an offer of 40% or more return on their investment, surely most would sell irrelevant of who the buyer is. 

Yes it is business and UAE may offer something they can't refuse

Remember UAE controls series of ports across this region 

Anyways, I hope they stay away from UAE, eventually they will kill it if they get hold of it