Sign in to follow this  
Abdinuur

The Origin Of Your Username..................

Abdinuur   

There are some CRAZY usernames on Somalia Online!! Have you ever wondered where people get them? Explain how you came up with your username. I know there are some creative people out there so tell us how you went about it!

Honesita   

Abdinuur....why not start with ur self.....is it ur real name or a name u liked....!!!

Mine.....i just luv mine walaahi.....!! It used to be HonestGirl.....i thought Honesita was a stylish and unique name...!!! Eva heard of the song...Mama cita...!! Some say honeysita....some say horneysita....i mind da second but its neva out of question...

Honesita   

Abdinuur....why not start with ur self.....is it ur real name or a name u liked....!!!

Mine.....i just luv mine walaahi.....!! It used to be HonestGirl.....i thought Honesita was a stylish and unique name...!!! Eva heard of the song...Mama cita...!! Some say honeysita....some say horneysita....i mind da second but its neva out of question...!!!

Salaamz

Abdinuur   

Well my user name is just a regular Somali name, I guess. It's not my real name but I liked it and I wanted be a NOMAD named Abdinuur. And I couldn't think of any other Somali names besides those popular and common ones...

But Honesita...you're creative comin' up wit somethin' like that girl. And I dont mind da second one either...one luv

Jaber   

As Somali-Nomads we tend to have more than a single name!!.Well,Jaber is one of my many nicknames,some misspell it and address me as Jabber others call me Jabster,Jabero,whatever!

Salaan...

C/nuur:

I would let my 'waardiye' do that. To dig the facts of my name and its meaning and its implication and its reasoning and its choice and its why. So, baliish, wait until he comes back. smile.gif

Macsalaama!!

Buubto   

Ppl often think I got weird name “Buubto”, they think I am some sort of psycho girl rolleyes.gif. This is how I got the name in my childhood waa fududaa. i was always runing so my family & ppl around me at dat time called me “Buubto” or Biibto. So when I joined here I thought I might get a nomad passport with the nick “Buubto”, as it is part of my past.

ppl often call me Biibito & boobto redface.gif . i hate it. plz ppl get my name right.

Offcourse I am not dat “Buubto” now but wish to be though as childhood life is truly unique nothing beats it. I am still "Buubto" in different way Cyber fly Girl tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by Buubto (edited 01-16-2002).]

Baydan   

I dont know what mine means..I chose it because well..it sounds good is actually one of my favorite somali name.

Maskin Macruuf just the other day said Baydan

was a name of a fruit? dunno

If it is that then i predict it to be something neither too sweet nor sour sorta in middle..goes with my personality wink.gif

Hibo   

Not always silent but prefer to be silent when there's nothing to say and I don't like to talk for the sake of talking.

Abdinur well-chosen topics smile.gif

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb

Well, one day I went to pick my sister up from school and I saw a bunch of Somali kids calling each other qaxooti **as an insult** and they well like I ain't no qaxooti I'm British etc etc **denail** and I thought to myself, we are all qaxootis right? Even if we once were and then became a citizen of whatever country...

Anywayz, when it came to choosing a name, Qaxooti itself didn't sound right...so I added the kombuter heshay part biggrin.gif

Ma'Salaama

Hibo   

It seems my name hints some warlords, but eventually its my true name. the cannotation of it is Caay Diiiiiid. On top of that, am religious, any girl interested in having a relationship with me, don't feel xishood, I will be happy to share with you.

Caydiid is starving for Naag? come on guys, you know what I mean........ its all about to display my need to obtain gabar diracad ah.

------------------

Somali diidoow silic udhimo

Hibo   

Again, the funniest name of my family is "faarax goodgood waawaale". I can't explain every characteristics of that Uncle, but let me breifly say something about his Nomadic portfolio.

Faarax is my Adeer,he is cool guy but so brilliant in making poems. His father was named after one big Mas/snake that used to live in a hole next to their home in baadiyo. And faarax's gradfather is called waawaale, wuxuu ahaa nin qeeylo badan oo tuug ah. these people all have one thing in common: waxey jeclaayeen geela si xun.

Laakiin arinta ugu daran oo magacyadooda kusaabasan waxey aheyd ..............

Let me finish this story after I eat canbuulo that my son, dabokafuul, prepared for me.

------------------

Somali diidoow silic udhimo