Sign in to follow this  
BlueEpocha

The Bluest of Blue- A Recollection

I consider myself as an ocean baby; I’ve been to a coast line more than I can count through out my life, although there have been dry times I’ve always managed to get near some fluffy sand and salty water. Last night was one of those times. I’ve never really walked on a beach at night, only by the breaking wall which has no access to the sand. Anyway last night was my first time walking on a beach (at night), and I can tell you now that my love for the ocean was reinforced. It was an easy going night everyone was up n about doing their thing: kids were running around, couples walking side by side, old men were sitting on benches animatedly, while the youth sat on the costal rocks or swam while displaying their daring side, and I, well I just took it all in while being playful with the water.

The sheer beauty and solitude of the ocean can be a blessing and a curse, but I guess that’s with everything created. I was on a high taking that walk, smiling to myself as I gazed at the endless line that stretched beside me. It was not until I reached the costal rocks and began to head back that I had an epiphany. The foot prints you leave behind have a multitude of meanings, but at that moment my foot prints reminded me of loneliness. We all stand as lone beings and loneliness is a constant companion, but how long must I wait? How long must I stand alone? As I pondered over this thought I witnessed my foot prints being erased with a whoosh as the waves came in, washing away their existence, MY imprints. At this moment I am unsure of how I should feel about it. The optimist in me would see it as a fresh start to carve out a new beginning a new path, while the pessimist sees it as a lost cause a disappointment. I continued with my path nonetheless. I finally settled myself a little away from the water. My thoughts of loneliness were replaced with thoughts of peace and contentment as the night breeze caressed my eyelids. We are living in a beautiful world with harshness and love, we are insignificant yet the most significant, all we can do is rejoice and stay true.

I consider myself as an ocean baby; I’ve been to a coast line more than I can count through out my life,

Ahhh, You were not born and raised by the ocean?

i feel your pain.

Some of us grew up by the deep blue clear(very clear)ocean by the name of INDIAN OCEAN!.

Them N.American Beaches are none compared to Africa.,

Originally posted by *Afronaut*:

Ahhh, You were not born and raised by the ocean?

i feel your pain.

Some of us grew up by the deep blue clear(very clear)ocean by the name of INDIAN OCEAN!.

Them N.American Beaches are none compared to Africa.,

I agree that North American beaches are none not just compared to Africa but the rest of the world.

And when I said an ocean baby, I meant an ocean baby born n raised in a land where the blue salty water was two steps away, the most 2 hours away.

Zephyrine thats beauty and definitely worth day dreaming about here is a lil something to add to it ;) .

papo1.jpeg

LoooL, Qac Qaac iskaga raxeeso nooh, wel wel ma jiiro maya dheh filin kaaga iska camiro.

I apologize for the misunderstanding. Your writing was nice,descriptive but yet callous.

Your piece gives the impression of a young woman who is ‘new to the beach’. Cautious, careful and somewhat JADED.

Reading it(I had to read twice), made me re live my very own memories of the beach.

Perhaps we have (Had?) different ways of experiencing the beach.

Perhaps nature (that old silly ‘boys and girls are different line’?), has had something to do with it.

I have a completely different memory of the beach at night.

Ahhh……I still smell the salt

shyhem   

What is the obssesion with the beach here.Don't u guys be more realistic and learnt how to operate a lawn mower or a snow plower.Plus remember no broke man has ever enjoyed the beauty of the beach.Some things are better left to the senior citizens and the retired.

What is the obssesion with the beach here.

You prolly need a lil word defination 101 right about now.

Aight,ama be nice and help a nigga out.

The two most important words here are:

OBSSESION ,you used this word, the meaning:

A compulsive, often unreasonable idea or emotion

the other word,which you obviously missed(look up, in the heading of the topic);

A recollection which is derived from the word RECOLLECT , loosly translated as 'to remember something'

Dig?

Thank you shankaroon, your right its no secret that I LOVE THE OCEAN smile.gif

Originally posted by *Afronaut*:

I apologize for the misunderstanding. Your writing was nice,descriptive but yet callous.

Your piece gives the impression of a young woman who is ‘new to the beach’. Cautious, careful and somewhat JADED.

Reading it(I had to read twice), made me re live my very own memories of the beach.

Perhaps we have (Had?) different ways of experiencing the beach.

Perhaps nature (that old silly ‘boys and girls are different line’?), has had something to do with it.

I have a completely different memory of the beach at night.

Ahhh……I still smell the salt

Callous?? Jaded?? How so??

Your right about being cautious n careful because that’s what is expected of someone experiencing something different for the first time, in this case a walk on the sandy beach at night*.

The fact that I mentioned being an ocean baby should give you the idea that its not something new, nor is walking along salty water at night(Courtesy of the breaking wall between land n water).

The purpose of the piece was achieved because you relived your own memories of the beach, and really no to people experience something the same way nor can they describe it the same.

Originally posted by SomericaN:

What is the obssesion with the beach here.Don't u guys be more realistic and learnt how to operate a lawn mower or a snow plower.Plus remember no broke man has ever enjoyed the beauty of the beach.Some things are better left to the senior citizens and the retired.

Reality is all around, sometimes a person needs a moment to enjoy the beauty of things hence for the saying stop and smell the roses. I would think a broke man would enjoy the open water more than anyone else because the endless line that stretches in front of you entails all the possibilities in the world.

Callous?? Jaded?? How so??

LOL. Blue.E.

Call it Gut feeling. call it bias reading. call it wrong interpretation,whatever the case, i cant help but picture you as "an outsider".[i dont 'see' a connection btwn you and the sea].

Maybe thats how you wanted your piece to appear.

And like i said,parhaps all this is due to MY personal experience as a young adventorous daring child. icon_razz.gif

Anyway, i beleive am over analysing this whole scene. ;)

Quick Question, how long was the WALK?][in relation to time vs distance] ;)

I would think a broke man would enjoy the open water more than anyone else

I'd assume he'd want money more than the open waters, NO? :D

lol   

Is it only me or do people actually loose their swimming skills at night? Seriously folks.. I can't swim in the ocean at nite... scarred of all the tiny winy marine animals which I can't seem to see. Call it phobia but walahi u will never see me in the waters at nite. Probably dat is why I never tried cruise ships... :D

Blue: Its magnificent sight indeeds, especially when the sun is about setting and u see the twilight creeping in. The blue, violet reddish hrorizon meets the sable dark blue of the night and u have a beautiful sight nothing can compete with. I have been walking along the beach lines almost all the time I have been living in UAE.. 10 yrs to be exact...coz my house is across the arabian sea. Although there are no waves and all the sound is hear is the horn of a crazy car.. nonetheless its worth the time spent there.

Enjoy and do appreciate nature.. but then remember its Allah who has created such a thrill....Doesn't it make u wonder about Him?