Sign in to follow this  
Nephissa

Gooobile

Originally posted by AAliyah416:

I never heard of such dance. sounds interesting though. so they are possessed by what ? jini? Like seriously
;)

Aan ku taba baro kaalay abay ;)

^^ take the lead bt dnt get ideas in ur head...dacas aan ku huwinaya

^ :D

No ideas in my head? That takes out all the fun,WAH. No,Thanks,I will take the dacas :D

-Lily-   

I have been to a few weddings were the dance was performed. There was no talk of jinni or anything as ridicules as that. Let's just say it's a very energetic dance that gets people vigorously dancing/jumping, kind of like the Massai do.

I think it has a cool beat.

^^ take the lead bt dnt get ideas in ur head...dacas aan ku huwinaya

OK,Aaliyah,Watch it here Gobille

Lily,I would love to see you dance on that,L0L,somehow,i have envisioned you to be the clueless off bit dancer in the group. Dont ask why,perhaps its your nerdiness? smile.gif Altho,i beleive you could dance well to other genres,but somehow i see you to be a non somali dancer :D

-Lily-   

I'm not going to pretend I'm an expert in traditional Somali dancing but I like to watch others dance Goobile, and other traditional dances because they are cool. Besides, who can dance Goobile in 3 inch heels and 60 yard dirac? Perhaps a possessed woman...as for my bad dancing and nerdiness, you're way off Mr.

Buuxo,I think I know which dance you are talking about, I don't know what it's called but it's really fascinating & lively. As far as I know it comes from Northern Somalia.

Originally posted by -Lily-:

I'm not going to pretend I'm an expert in
traditional
Somali dancing but I like to watch others dance Goobile, and other traditional dances because they are cool. Besides, who can dance Goobile in 3 inch heels and 60 yard dirac? Perhaps a possessed woman...as for my bad dancing and nerdiness, you're way off Mr.

L0L@60 yard dirac. The beauty of it all is the ability of the xalimo to avoid tripping on that over flowing dirac but still maintain a balance. That,my dear freind is what is called Skills smile.gif

As for me being way off about my perception you being an off bit somali dancer, I will have to see to beleieve it. I refuse to take your word for it smile.gif

Aaliyah,youtube goobile and you shall see it smile.gif

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Faarax-Brawn:

Hurguf? The only thing that came to my mind when you mentioned that is
Shaq Shaq,Hurguf,Wareejio,ar hooobaloooow,Saaas aa la rabaa...Isiiii isaaar[L0L,i always wonder about that one]

Waasheeko! War hana ceebeenee 'shaqshaq wareejiyoow hurguf' dheh...Kuna dar 'sii u wadid sariirta lee saaro'...Waasii wadi lahaayee, this is a bit too PG dee...

FB, sujuuguu tahay xaan dhahaa...Heesta haku dheelen... :mad:

Hayeh sharax yaa yaqaan? Habeenkoo anoo aroos joogo sharax la tumay, tooyaaba isku soo dajisay...Qof kii u dhowaado dharbaax dhash...Gabadha halaga leexdo, u sabciya, neefta siiya see ugu jireen, ee iyadan kiiska isaga waaleysay, aa qof wuxuu dhahay 'gabadha aroosada aa soo galeyso dheesha ee ka leexda'...Sharixii naagta ka lalinaaya kaalaybo sheeg meeshuu aaday, it magically disappeared...Weyba joojisay is waalkii, iyadoo neeftuureyso kaligeed kursi iska fariisatay...Sheekadaas maa la iikeenaa ani... :rolleyes:

Buuxo   

Lily, you are right , it comes from the north. It's my fav dance. Can't remember the name or the lyrics , only time i see it is at weddings and then i forget.It has a catching chorus.

Originally posted by Faarax-Brawn:

quote:Originally posted by Buuxo:

yaa heelo tumi yaqaano on SOL, and that dance that looks like in ay dhar-daqaayaan iyo hurgufaayan,name escapes me? Do share the miraha or videos,can't locate any.Thanks.

In my younger days,I used to be "Hired" to weddings to dance heelo. Tell ya,I am one
Heelo-va
dancer. Heard of Batar? Find out & come back to me
:D

Hurguf? The only thing that came to my mind when you mentioned that is
Shaq Shaq,Hurguf,Wareejio,ar hooobaloooow,Saaas aa la rabaa...Isiiii isaaar[L0L,i always wonder about that one]
we not talking about the same hurguf. but do tell me about that batar dance, never heard of it.

you are a helluva heelo-dancer ay ? then do post a video and we will judge.

^Batar is not a dance by itself. It’s a "whachama call it", the climax of the heelo dance. Where girls,slightly,teasingly cover half of their beautiful faces with their beautifully colored garbasaars,shaashs or jilbab(lol, I know) and do this fantastic combination of legs,hands,and lower body movements. Rightly done,of course,it looks like a crossbreed of a well choreographed baranbur dance & the harlem shake. :D

The girls of course do it better than the boys, I all remember about the boys was a vigorous hand clapping and a silly leg movement. Of course,I am biased smile.gif

You know who will better explain this than me? Isseh,he knows this too well, or anyone from the northern half of Somalia,especially around Las Qorey and ceerigavo smile.gif

Pujah   

Ar goobile goobiloow

Ar goobile goobiloow

Ar goobile saar gedood

Ab laga soo gaarayoo

Ma guuraan daqan ahoo

Hidaha aan gaboobinoo

Waxaan goobile tumaa

Anigu goobile tumaa

Waxaan goobile tumaa

Uur guxaa saar gedood

Marka ee goobtiisu tahay

Goobile gabar iyo ragee

Goobile gaar iyo ninkii

Geedaha loo fadiisayoo

Ab laga soo gaarayoo

Hidaha aan gaboobinoo

Gugee soo toban dameeyn

Garta iyo xaajada faroo

Geedaha loo fadiisayoo

Arr goobile goobile

Arrr goobilee saar gedood

Guunyada heesteediyoo

Guubabada beelahoo

Guubaabada beelahoo

Amaan gabar loo tirshoo

Geesiga mirahiisiyoo

Geeljire dhaqankiisiyoo

Amaan geel loo tirshoo

Arr goobile goobiloow

Arrr goobile goobiloow

Maguuraan daqan ahoo

Ab laga soo garay'oo

Hidaha aan gaboonioo

Waxaan goobile tumaa

Anigu goobile tuntaa

Waxaan goobile tumaa

Uguuxa saar gadood

Markay goobtiisu tahay

Goobile gabar iyo rageed

Goobile gaar iyo ninkii

Garta iyo xaajada faroo

Geedaha loo fadiisayoo

Arr goobile goobile

Arrr goobilee saar gedood

Allow yaa gedo martaga

Garbahareey yaa ku daga

Ayada oo geeli dalay

Markaas ayaa goobile tuntaa

Ar goobile gooble

Arr goobile goobiloow

Nephissa   

wa wa wa! ab laga soo gaaryayooo..ma guuraan dhaqan ahoo...

isiii! siksss sksss skss..

uluulee leeeeeey! hooyaaa!

:D