Sign in to follow this  
Thinkerman

The Fifa World Player of the Year Award

N.O.R.F   

La Liga and Seria A are considered tougher/higher/better calibre than the Prem,,,,,,,theres yr answer right there

lol@rocko, yeah thats Ronaldo right there,lol

Rokko saxiib been watching too much Rugby world cup or something bro :cool: , been enjoying too much barbies (u no what i mean) and talking to too much Possom's?

Zidane has won La Liga and got to Semi of Champions Leauge.

Ronaldo,likewise(p.s have u already forgoten his 34 goals inc qt hatrick??)

so if anything the final list is still wrong in my opnion, because Henry just won The FA Cup which doesnt rank amongst leage titles.

But i will agree with you, before signing off with another dissagreement.

Nedved was the most deserving palyer last year bro i agree, but on i think the Award shoudl be based on ability,on that there is no one like Zizou.We should cherish him before his retirement he is the best palyer of his generation

Intel   

Brother shujui-1

let us agree to disagree on this subject :cool:

BTW i watch rugby that doen't mean i dono much about soccer icon_razz.gif

I agree rokko :D

BTW:

Rossoneri rage at Awards snub Wednesday 17 December, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carlo Ancelotti and Gennaro Gattuso have bitterly criticised the lack of Milan players up for the Balon d’Or and FIFA Award this season.

“I wonder whether we won the Champions’ League or whether it was all a dream,” sniped Ancelotti after not a single Rossoneri star was nominated for the FIFA World Player of the Year award.

“I think I will go to the trophy room at our club headquarters and check whether the Cup is there or not. I want to be sure.”

Milan were crowned the Champions of Europe and lifted the Coppa Italia, but despite doing the Double they were largely ignored in the votes for top players of 2003.

Zinedine Zidane was a controversial choice for the FIFA Award, beating Thierry Henry and Ronaldo, while the highest placed Milan star was Paolo Maldini in ninth.

It now seems almost certain that Juve’s Pavel Nedved – who did not feature in the Old Trafford Final due to a ban – will be handed the prestigious Balon d’Or.

“I don’t believe in these awards any more,” added Gennaro Gattuso. “I have no problem with the French voting system, but in my view the best player very rarely wins. The victory goes to the man with the biggest sponsors.”

Intel   

Originally posted by Xidigi Woqoyiga:

rocko, i saw yr boys get beaten pretty badly by India in the cricket,,,,,,

i know dude its turning out to be a bad year for the Aussies sport :mad:

we will be back though when Mcrath, Warne and Lee come back :cool:

Intel   

Originally posted by shujui-1:

“I don’t believe in these awards any more,” added Gennaro Gattuso. “I have no problem with the French voting system, but in my view the best player very rarely wins. The victory goes to the man with the biggest sponsors.”

-------------------------------------------------

Exactly my point

Intel   

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

Rocko, I think you just don't like Zizou.
:D

looooool no true sxb, I’m a hardcore Zizou fan

check out my new avatar :D

Totti & Nedved star at Oscars Tuesday 13 January, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roma’s Francesco Totti and Pavel Nedved of Juventus have collected two awards apiece at the Italian Football Oscars.

nedvednews03.jpg

Totti was named as the best Italian player of 2003, with Nedved collecting the best foreigner accolade.

They amazingly shared the overall best player prize after the votes, given by their fellow professionals, were tied.

Juventus collected two more honours as Gigi Buffon was named best ‘keeper, while best Coach went to Marcello Lippi.

Roma sensation Antonio Cassano lifted the best youngster award, with Milan stopper Alessandro Nesta netting the best defender.

In the refereeing category, there were no surprises as international man in black Pierluigi Collina came out top.

LANDER   

It's been awhile since I read anything related to Football, but I'm glad to here Zidane won footballer of the yr it shows you don't have to score a tone of goals to win this award. I still think Henry should have won and maybe even Nedved. But clearly Henry was the most dominant footbaler of 2003 and may I add the biggest threat for opponents to worry about. Every time he touches the ball it seems he draws alot of attention from the defenses like no other footbaler in the world today. Ahhh well as long as it stays the french family it's all good.

Vive le football français!! ouais!!!