Sign in to follow this  
Naxar Nugaaleed

Waris Dirie gets the medal of Knight from French President Nicolas Sarkozy

Ibtisam   

Wow, lol you guys are so evil OUCH.

She deserves it and she works hard in her campaign and gets a lot of stick for it. Well done to her.

Ariadne   

Somalis are a strange lot they make fun of fashion sense and hair styles when the person in question has done some great work.

Seriously People!

The strangest thing I think is Nicholas Sarkozy presenting the medal.... hmmm I would have expected the new British PM or someone else more left leaning.

^, Looking at that picture, can you seriously tell me you didn't make fun of her hair on your own way, without saying out loud?

She looks like qof is nacday, regardless of what kind of work she does, her work is not in question here. I wouldn't go to the corner store looking that way, much less go to an event in my honour, accepting a prestigious award from a leader of a nation of all pple.

She knew she would be critized for that shady looking hairstyle and that awful looking jeans jacket with a baggy shirt thats bigger than the jacket itself. Plus, this isn't the first time I have seen a picture of her with that shady hairstyle of hers, she probably convinced herself this is a good look for her.

She is a lady, and a lady should look her best at all times, especially during public outings.

I didn't ask her to wear make up, just fix the hair, she could have easily put it down, taken a mousse and put it all over her hair and make it looking afro and she could have put lil two shiny pins on both ends to give it a funky style and she would have looked decent.

The jean jacket, she could have taken it off, left it on her seat and worn that ugly looking shirt on its on as she was shaking his hand, but together it just reeks disaster.

Nephissa   

She really looks like the Jane next door. I like the greasy natural look. She's absolutely stunning in a unique sort of way.

Kudos to her!

i really couldnt never stop why somali ppl hate to tell the truth when it comes a nomad who might their graabo gansax!!!

U can pretty much conclude all who saying something good about this tramp is graabo gansax or the likes...!

Plz...! take a good luck. this lady is a crack head. she looks like she was woke up from a crack house...

Yeah....but time the macalim will tell, it dont lie. i wait.

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Nephthys:

She really looks like the Jane next door. I like the greasy natural look. She's absolutely stunning in a unique sort of way.

Kudos to her!

I think she look ok too. Her stories are more believable with that "rough look". smile.gif

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by LayZieGirl:

I didn't ask her to wear make up, just fix the hair, she could have easily put it down, taken a mousse and put it all over her hair and make it looking afro and she could have put lil two shiny pins on both ends to give it a funky style and she would have looked decent.

^^^Fashion tips 101 lee iga dheh...

Hey LayZie, could u do my hair this weekend, I have a party to go to...

Dadkiinaa. War walaashiin u hambalyeeya ama shib ka dhaha.

Hambalyo Waris Diiriye. Meeshaada ka wad dadaalkaaga against gudniinka gabdhaha.

Waris-Dirie.gif

I guess some of you wanted this kind of hair style. Dadka fashionka ku dhexjiro ma xiiseeyaan hal wax, unlike commoners who desperately try to look good all the time in one fashion style.

Nephissa   

^ desert flower maahoo? Oday ambassador UK ka ahaa oo addeerkeed ahaa baa soo watay maskiintaan oo baadiyo ka timaaday (murxiso ahaan) - She went through alot and came a long way runtii.

You believed sheekadeeda baadiyaha iyo geeljirtonimadeeda ku saabsan yaah? You too fell for it miyaa? :D

It is a nice story, intended for Western's eagerness and voracious for anything remotely exotic, laakiin anaga Soomaali ahaan nagama gadeyso. A lot of inconsistencies only a Soomaali would get ka buuxay buuggaas.

its not about the looks....its about being true to your soul. unfortunately, she aint got none. getting an award from this kinda of ppl is like saying in af somali maxaa iga shan iyo toban aha.

Ibtisam   

^^^ :rolleyes: No I'm not related to her, nor is Nephthys, I just don't see the big deal about how she looks. Everyone knows and has seen her look good, and like anyone else she has the freedom to look how she wants. She has been there done that, wore the T-shirt and the make up, got dosh for it, and moved on to issues she is concerned about.

Oh and Rudy, these are the kind of people she needs iin ee la shan iyo toban noqoto in the international scene in order to get her funding, stay in the public eye, be invited to talks, helping out on project plans etc, she is just building her social networks.