Sign in to follow this  
Pujah

Weird News

SeeKer   

....According to the Gulf News, Sheikh Al Obeikan, a consultant to the Ministry of Justice and an adviser to the royal court stated, “the man should take the milk, but not directly from the breast of the woman. He should drink it and then becomes a relative of the family, a fact that allows him to come in contact with the woman without breaking Islam’s rules about mixing.”

This fatwa applies to men who regularly come into contact with the same woman, or men who live in the same house with a woman. The woman has to pump her breast milk into a glass and give it to the unrelated male. Doesn’t that sound appetizing?

But, not all agree with giving the milk in such a way. Oh, no. Another high-profile sheik, Abi Ishaq Al Huwaini,
believes that the men should suckle the breast milk directly from the woman’s breast
. Now we are talking! How is it that you can get close enough to suckle, though, without getting thrown in jail? If the genders aren’t allowed to mix, how could you do this without the religious police on your ***? This is serious stuff! Under this strict Islamic law, women aren’t allowed to vote, drive, or leave the country without the consent of a male “guardian”.

Complete story

A friend forwarded this to me and I thought it was nuts so I googled it and amazingly I got hits. Funny what goes around the net these day redface.gif

Heh. I was just about to post this story. Mainstream arabic news websites and forums have been abuzz with story for a few weeks. The whole issue of 'adult breast-feeding' is simultaneously risible and ridiculous. Abu Ishaq Al-Huwaini hurls invectives at people who argue that the breast-feeding should not be directly from the breast. Apparently, in his eyes, those people are not puritan enough. Rather, they are, he exhorts us, cravenly shying away from the pure sunnah so as to accomodate the sensibilities of non-muslims who would find such queer rituals worthy of pity and mockery.

I mean think about this for a minute. The whole breast-feeding fiasco is based on some obscure hadith (sure, it's in Bukarhi, so what?).

Adeer Soomaalidu waxay ku maahmaahdaa hubsiimo hal baa la siistaa. Cyber Jihad-kii iyo adigu halkaad kala maraysaan, waadigii lahaa aynu dadka shaarubaha ka jarno oo wixii caqli iyo cilmi leh aynu qisaasno.

Macne-laawiyo maangaab in lala murmaa, maaha maamuuse.

Waar maanta gabay baa i hayya miyaaan sii wadaa inkastood tahay inan yar oo fahmi meysid naxwihiisa iyo nuxurkiisa

:D

SeeKer   

^I hate to say this but the funny thing about any religion is that you can always find texts that can both support and refute an issue. This issue is amazingly being brought to head by western sites rather than muslims themselves........erm......what else can I say? :confused:

SeeKer, I have noticed that many SOLers (and I presume most muslims) do not even know about these exceedingly ackward narrations. When such matters are brought to their attention, they do not even express a hint of queasiness. Some muslims try to rationalize it; others brush off such criticisms as if such questions are inarguably illigitimate. Their defensive refelxes kick in: Oh, adult breast-feeding? Why are these bloody westerners sensationalizing such commonplace religious practices. Imbecilic islamaphobes. Asinine apostates.

SeeKer   

Heh.....don't paint yourself into a corner. SOLers for all their humdrum do have varied views, some might just not speak up smile.gif

NGONGE   

Originally posted by SeeKer:

^I hate to say this but the funny thing about any religion is that you can always find texts that can both support and refute an issue. This issue is amazingly being brought to head by western sites rather than muslims themselves........erm......what else can I say? :confused:

He's right. This issue is all the rage in Arab forums (mostly Saudi ones).