Sign in to follow this  
qoslaaye

QUEEN ARAWEELO!!!!!

qoslaaye   

Was queen araweelo real? did she ever existed? where did she lived? why did she hated guys that much?

I dont mean to put her down I just need to get any info about her. if you have it pass it so we can share it.

thanks

Lefty   

Do you guys know the true-relationship between Araweelo & Odey-Biiqe ?

If you know that, then you don't need any other explaination about that fat-lady.

A7LA-SHU   

hey i always thought she was some made up story lady.. i heard of her name but never seen the lady, is there pic of her or something??

u know what there should be some kinda somali history class and language.. i wouldn't mind learnin about them kool heros.. :D:D

Its not a made up story (folklore) there was actually some women named ARAWEELO in Somalia who personally enslaved all men. The story goes, she'd cut off their private parts after only sleeping with them with ONE night. Its a true story.

nuune   

ARAWEELO AND ODEY BIIQE were friends,he used to have her but what the hek,she hated him so much after he forced her to have sex with her,she tried to cut his stuffs off,but he ran,and ran....

Paragon   

"Do you guys know the true-relationship between Araweelo & Odey-Biiqe ?"

Hehehe, Odey-biiqe was the only man she feared most coz of his wit. She knew him to be the only man capable of ending her rule and life. So, as i heard from folktales, she plotted against him constantly. But so does he. As narrated from stories, he is said to have ended her life when he dug a deep hole and spread a mat ontop of it. He asked her to sit on it and there she fell in and died there. Thats all I know about carawello.

PS: If you listen to BBC Somali, the music that is played when the broadcast is beggining is said to be CARAWEELO's elegant walk. Wax ka jiro Illaah baa og. smile.gif

Paragon   

LoL Ninyaaban - haa sxb .. in badan ayaa anigoo yar la igu xuux-siiyey... Dhag dheer dhimatee roobow imoow lol..

How about this little folk song

Child: ----Waraaboow inteed baridaa?

Dhurwaa: --Banaanaha!

Child: ----Maxaad cuntaa?

Dhurwaa:---Baruur-yaha

Child: ----Bal Qosol Bal?

Dhurwaa:---Ahaa haa

Child: ----Bal Ku celi Bal?

Dhurwaa:---Ihii hii

LoL very entertaining isn't it sxb?

Intresting I heard the name 'CARAWEELO' but never heard her story, but now that I know I have to call my uncle and ask him why he used to call me Caraweelo when i was young :(

king_450   

Hey brother Nin-Yaaban, for real i heard the story but all these time i thought it was a made up story, r u serious she used to cut off private parts ,if she did then what was her intended purpose. I would like to hear it .

Originally posted by king_450:

Hey brother Nin-Yaaban, for real i heard the story but all these time i thought it was a made up story, r u serious she used to cut off private parts ,if she did then what was her intended purpose. I would like to hear it .

Yea, i also thought it was just a STORY, but laakinse sxb, waa war run-ah. Qiso run ah weeye, qof walba oo da aha ba weeydii, waa eey wada yaqaan.

Naagta, nimanka ayeey bahalka ka goonjirtay ayaa layiri, markaasey sey u dhiig-baxayaan iska dhintaan. The reason she did that, i dont know. I heard many reasons for it, some say she was raped at a very young age, and she wanted to hit back on men. So anyways, thats what happened.

btw, its good to see you again bro. Hows school going?