Sign in to follow this  
Jacpher

Credible Somali News Sites

Jacpher   

I can’t think of any Somali reliable news website out there. That’s how bad they all are. Maybe not all but most. Let us compile a list of the ones you think they are somewhat credible and try to keep the likes of Idamaale and dayniile out. I would say SOL rocks and top of the list but it ain't News website.

I don't care about the feel and the look but how credible and authentic the content they present to their readers. Please share.

Somaliweyn.com

They have reporters on the ground and are willing to attach their face besides the news they produce. That is ballsy in and of itself.

Hiiraan iyo markacadeey.com ayaa ugu roon, duqa. They may not be perfect, laakiin labadaas shabako ayaa ugu roon markee timaado wararka Soomaalida.

Idaacad ahaana idaacadda Banaadir ayaa ugu roon, oo radiobanadir.com laga heli karo.

Midnimo.com oo laga leeyahay same company leh Idaacadda Banaadir, ayaa iyadana kistoo dhaami jirtay, inkastoo sidii dowlad ku sheegii Geedi loo dhisay, u janjeertay dhankaas. Saas ee tahayna shabakaddo badan ayee dhaantaa.

Old ones like banadir.com and somalitalk.com wey roonaan jireen iyagana, inkastoo somalitalk.com dhanka wadaadada u janjeertaa, sida Maxkamadaha, right iyo wrong. Banadir.com long time aa igu dambeysay, uma maleeyi see ahaan jirtay inay tahay.

Off topic, I always wondered how come the top quality online sites are all based in Kanada.

Hiiraan.com [Ottawa-based], somalitalk.com [London, Ontario-based], markacadeey.com [another Ottawa-based] and even banadir.com [a Koronto-based one]. Even that infamous somalinet.com was a Koronto one; heck this very site, SOL, has a Kanada connection.

Dhubad.   

Qaadisiya is same as Idamale, they lie big time which is not Islamic. I have sent them e-mail during the heyday of the ICU to advice them the way they report the news but no one got back to me. Maraxiin dheh!

For example, if a news agency receives an unconfirmed news the best way to report it will be “unconfirmed report is saying so and so.." rather than making it certain.

Waa rag xamasadaysan marka war xaqiiq ah maba loogu imaan karoba.

Sidatan ayay wax u qoraan:

War Deg Deg ah: Nin la shaqeyn jiray Ibraahim Shaaweeye oo ku bakhtiyay weerarkii maanta k adhacay agagaarka Xararyaale.

Emperor   

For me I like up to date news reporting than dwelling on the truth side, if your clever enough and know how Somali politics work you can always filter it. The follwing two pages currently lead the league... and I must say they mostly report the truth but in some case you might spot a mix of an event and opinion - typical Somali. Overall they have professional reporting texts and titles, laakiin labadaba midna si reer magaalnimo ah ayuu utaageeraa ICU-da midna TFG-da.

First vist:

www.shabelle.net

and My second visit:

www.carmooyin.com

None other than these I visit to get Somalia's story, they do all the job for me and provide full picture of what happening and all the latest developments.

I know Shabelle and they good at providing news on time. As you said if you are familiar with the somali news reporting then you know how things are and you can filter but what i like about Shabelle is they report from the heart of the incident and immediately ,,,,,,,,,,

sol # 1! thumbs up!! however, ones iq has to above 20 to get it. :eek:

Besides, u can find every type of somali here!! Other sides, u mostly find one sub-clan...!! so its all one tongue..

i mean u get every angle, the cheerleader, the psycho, the nut, the ho, the qaabiilist, the nationalist, the slave traders of puntland, the 4ever refugee, the clueless somalilander, the laali from Djbouti *(huuno baabsiir baa pariis la ii gasoo jareey) and off course, moi, alien.

what more u need.

me   

^SOL is the rumor site. Rumors start in SOL and then they getpicked uplater that day by the regular sites. If I don't feel like surfing for news, SOL is teh place to be, everything that happens always ends up in the politics section.

wardheernews.com / Hiiraan.com

wardheernews is the most reliable in my eyes but they are always the latest to report, most of their is always conformed.