Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Scapegoating Middle Eastern women

Juxa   

sadaqadii sukeeye dhaafta sooma noqotaa layiraahdaa

does it really matter? as long as it goes to those in need we should say well done

note to self, burcawiyadan maxa ku fali, dont give a penny unless it was for xamar phewwww

guys, it is 50 quid, not 5000, baqiilnimada iska dhaafa

nuune   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

We have been raising
funds for kids in Dadaab
. It must something in the water but Somalis have opened their wallets and paid generously. Some even donated without attending the events. The community organizations and businesses all contributed. And we were not bullied. I don't know what's being said behind our backs but I'm happy they came out to support and kudos to them.

I am glad the event went smooth as planned, as I was recently(Februay past) in Dadaab Camps, both three camps, Xagardheer, ifo & Dagahley, your eyes cannot believe what people and specially kids are going through, no words to desribe wallaahi,

and the worst I seen specially in Dagahley camp was, it was an early morning, I was about to leave the camp and head to ifo then Dadaab town, I seen it in my own eyes when I asked about WFP trucks loaded with food, three of them parked and were waiting to be unloaded, instead, 2 of the long three trucks were diverted to another location deep insided a market, where they were unloaded, musuqmaasuq is deep in there, the people I asked about, they told me, this i s normal, powerfull businessmen are connected to officials who work for the NGOs in the camps, and business is done.

So those refugees still suffer and suffer more, not all that little WFP ration reaches them, which wasn't enough already to begin with, it is a tragedy.

I was looking for pics to make fliers. I was saddened by the images-they are most vulnerable and God knows what they go through.

People I saw that went there I had same horrifying stories to tell.

Hales   

Whenever i read about violence in Somalia, one of the first things that always comes to my mind is the Dabaab refugee camp.

The videos ive watched off it are really sad. Glad some of the people in this site are also concerned of it and doing something about it.

Cabdow   

Canjeex did not say prioritizing, he said mind your own Somali business and he thinks lowly of such people for caring about other humans.

Ibtilo, now we making things up miya? Where did i say mind your Somali business and how do you know what i'm thinking, ma uurkubaalaa tahay?

Perhaps you did not read my post-script where i said;

For the record i have nothing against the Gazans, mater of fact as Muslims we should feel their pain, but this just shows how of a messed up priorities we have as a nation!

I don't know meeshaad ka gubaneesid yarta, but whatever it's please keep it to yourself!

ailamos   

Women are mistreated everywhere, good article Ibti, we should all work towards the elimination of the institutionalized societal injustice towards women, they are suffering the longest from marginalization...

If this continues they will take up arms like they have done in some parts of the world: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7068875.stm :D

The ideal situation in a society would be one where men and women are equal and where there is mutual respect ... no ifs, buts or ands...

Khayr   

يٰأَيُّهَا ٱلَّذِينَ آمَنُوۤاْ إِن جَآءَكُمْ فَاسِقٌ بِنَبَإٍ فَتَبَيَّنُوۤا 1618; أَن تُصِيبُواْ قَوْمًا بِجَهَالَةٍ فَتُصْبِحُواْ عَلَىٰ مَا فَعَلْتُمْ نَادِمِينَ

O ye who believe! If an
Fasiq (a sinner, a lier)
bring you tidings, verify it, lest ye smite some folk in ignorance and afterward repent of what ye did

Can a beliver be a Fasiq?

No because a Fasiq is a Disobeyer of God's laws. A fasiq is a sinner and not trustworthy.

verify it, lest ye smite some folk in ignorance and afterward repent of what ye did

Verify the news because:

- To prevent slandering others

- To prevent wrong doing to others

- To prevent harming others

Is Joseph Mayton a Fasiq?

By reason of speaking ill of the muslim ummah and not being a muslim (i don't care if he converted half-way through writing this article and still pushed the ENTER button to have his article published! :rolleyes: ) and causing harm to muslims (bad mouthing muslims and pitting them against each other (muslim women v. muslim men).

ailamos   

The abuse of women in Arab societies is well documented. Here is a tiny sample of the available work:

http://jiv.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/17/7/721

http://vaw.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/13/10/1002

http://vaw.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/16/6/691

The way forward is to first accept the fact that this problem exists and then secondly to formulate ways to eliminate it from the society. So far, the patriarchal nature of the society is preventing the first part of that equation from happening... it's always the victim's fault.

Just because the author is a non-Muslim does not mean what he is saying has no element of truth in it. Keeping the status quo by resorting to scripture is not just misguided use of the Holy Book but an attempt to direct believers towards the wrong path.