Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

The phone rings...:

Ibtisam   

At a house:

Hallow?

Ha, Miya, Walahi, iitee in leeg? Hargisa? Haye, oo Togdheerna iimiisa? Borame haye. Muxu yidi? Ma la huuba? Qosol baadan, haye, oo waba nini ficianey, Riyaal aay yidi, haye, Axmed Silaanyo. Maya maya haba ka yaab taas. Fisal, haa. Oh Riyaalan. Dhee baal wayahey, weynu arakii. Suga aan qooro numberad ii sheektahey haada

At the bus stop: Somali Man,

Hallow?

Ha, war warka ii sii, maxa la so sheegey? Haye, ha, wara maheey, ma iisaga aya saas yidii? wa beenti, war wa beenti, iinaka aya waadan. Nikan wa laga daaley, ha, ha Ha dhee! Faisal somahan, dhee wuu ka yarr yahey, haa, dilniyarad oo dhan baan uu vote. Ha, ha [qax qax qax] may isaga aya sheegey siida haa. Haye, oo goorma la ooganaya? ha, wara kii Cisman baa so socdey bal aan kugu so ceeliyo.

At my house

Hallow?

SalamAlikum, ha wa ficinahey, haye, ha. Maye ee angi waxab ma maqliin, ciid na lama hadley. Haa, xage la isla maraya, ha, ha, Dee BBC waxa maa sheegin. [Qosool] Haye burco aya BBC ahey dhe, maxey yiradhen? In ciirana ba siida yidi? haa, oo kii ina cisman nah? Ha, haye, walahi.

Abtigiis   

So, no somalilander is following the World Cup mia? :D Loved your summary of Somali men on the phone. Waa sidaas meel walba.

Ibtisam   

What world cup? They have their own Africa world cup on home ground!!! :eek:

Wa yaa baadey, iyo haye. Haad semi-final baa la maraya. One team is already out, the final is starting today., heebel iyo heebel baa waata kubaada :D

I hope it will be done by friday, so I can watch ghana in peace, otherwise I will have to join the locals at the Park. Sadly the Somali news on Universal and kick off is the same time!

Malika   

Lol..exciting times dhe!

*I can picture my grandmother and her crew all sitting around the radio listening to BBC,with their casaaria tea in one hand,the other hand waving in debate..heh

Ibtisam   

:D @ Blessed, the bus stop man was in North London of all places too!! :D

@ Malika! I am scared for some peoples health in this election, too much excitement. I heard ina heebl has forgotten to eat lunch, dinner and jaad three days in a row. He has just been on the phone and computer, spreadsheet, graphs, pie-charts and all. Yaa ba dhee!

NGONGE   

I had that same conversation on the train on the way home last night (after leaving a couple of Solers). And there wasn't a single 'reerka ka waran' in between. :D

Ibtisam   

^^^Hoorta my head is buzzing, even the young, bad somali, normal don't care are asking me; "Ibti, hoorta who is winning" I'm like wait let me check with my magical powers. :D

NGonge shame on you, and reerku had nice stuff for ya icon_razz.gif

AYOUB   

Guusha yaa leh? smile.gif

My nephew ( a Rayaale close protection man ) called and said he is coming to London for a holiday. I asked "miyaad isdhiibaysaa?". He said, it depends. :D

Ibtisam   

Lool @ Ayoub. HAhaha @ it depends!!!

Guusha reer Somaliland ba leh, the rest is reading below the small print I heard. :D

Ibtisam   

^^^Anigu waan ku waalan laha that kind of buzz about anything, let alone elections! 1am, are you serious!!!

Telephone call said: It is all done and dusted and the winning margine is huge. The party planning is underway already in the UK.