Sign in to follow this  
Nazra

Shocking Somalia Wedding

Jumatatu   

The trend in Somali weddings seems to be catching on, and they continuosly copy and try to outdo each other...over the new year I attended a Somali wedding in West London. The main attraction and infact the prime was the arab belly-dancer ( and I bet you can imagine how these belly dancers are dressed). The irony of all was that there were children there. Just imagine how these kids will grow up when they see their parents - elders applauding this dancer. And later on they will say 'carrurti wey nogu halabeen qurbaha'.

What gives me the shivers though is having seen a belly dancer in Somali wedding, and I have a reason to believe it is not the first one, what will the next trend be...a striptease show before the bride cuts the cake. God have mercy on us.... Bisinka iyo Tabarak.... :confused:

That is why am committed to get married in Galkacyo and take my adeer (Smithwestern) with me. It will be a 'aroos of of cad & caano'

raula   

^^^^ :D that was some funny sheeza icon_razz.gif Believe me Juma in my city (mali heaven ;) )-I have seen that and many more shockings to come.

N.O.R.F   

^^did u say shisha?? oh sorry my mistake, it must be the smell from next door :D

Big bashy weddings are never quite as good/calm/happy as quiet ones with freinds and family. Some of the stuff mentioned above is crazy!

follows the smell

bye

raula   

^^^someone is doing the puffs eh :D;)

I wont be suprised if I see BIG BANDS making a comeback in somali weddings :D

N.O.R.F   

^^^lol

Did u hear about the one where the two 'fanaans' had a fight on stage over who would sing a particular song?? Well now u have :D

Nazra,

Walaahi weey iga qoslisay gabartaan yar. Gax gax gax gax gax gax gax gax gax gax gax gax gax gax gax gax gax gax gax gax gax gax gax gax gax gax gax gax gax gax gax gax. Ilaahoow na cafi.

raula   

North^^^hehehehe Funny, the animosity is even funnier, some thinking that they have attained U2 ;) status-that they wont sing with the newcomers :D when they all make the same at the end of the nite.

the most funniest (actually I felt sorry for the guy) was when the groom is old and the bride is this BUBBLY, fun-loving, grandiose young lady-where he is forced to DANCE TO BEATS HE'S NEVER HEARD OFF(like USHER's song U GOT IT BAD :D:Dicon_razz.gif:D )Poor thing!

Emperor   

No wonders, wise father told me when i was young this saying:

Dariskaa mar ku diin, mar kudayo marna kaddar.

I guess that sums up all you posted.

Gday!

So I guess I should cancel all that invation I was planning on sending to Sol nomads? I mean with Sagging pink suit and a matching brim, plus hiphop theme will be too much for you guys. Oh well you will miss out.

People need help, guys. They don't need to be laughed at. If they can't get a cohesive and structured way of their own culture to conduct their wedding, they are going to opt for other methods, international or otherwise. I think many would have adopted a somali wedding fashion, if it is modern and eye-catching etc.

Someone needs to sit down, think and come up with Somali Wedding Mag. You won't make a lot money, but you will certainly help a lot in these situations.

I am confident it will happen so long as we remain in the Gaalo world. But I and many others will miss out.....lol.

GD   

ah hah a lol wat a wedding huh. first its good to hear that all da girls in here are single.

khaaf rabak sis&bro

Abdinuur   

Some funny shiznet!

Some Somalis folks are at least trying though. It takes practice you. The more weddings you attend or watch on tape, the more ideas that you'd learn, the better your future wedding will be.

That's the principle. It all comes down to practice and repition.

You good luck on your wedding. Make it a worthwhile one to remember.

P.S.

One sort of funny wedding I saw on TV: it was towards the end of the wedding where the marrying couples take their turn on the dance floor: okay, the groom was holding the bride's hand by the ARM instead of by the hands (palm); like he was holding as if she was gonna run away like them runaway brides. I was like let her breathe dawg!