Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Faarax

Barookin inglish korner....

Ok, I know this might belong in the joke section, but then again it could be a serious issue so therefore i put it in the General section.

I know every somali in here had to learn english or deal with someone with broken english one time or another, so lets be honest, Tell us some incidents you had with language barriers. I have millions, but i will start one.

In my 7th grade year, I was in the soccer team with alot of other somali boys. We had this white coach who didnt like blacks :rolleyes: go figure. Anyways, He used to scream at us to come early to practice, sometimes come in the locker room, shouting move it move it! anyways we had a boy who's name was **** for confidential reasons** apparantly came with out socks that day and asked for everyone if they had extra, but no one did. But there was extra socks in one of the lockers. This guy had mad english problems, so he asked this one guy what to say to the coach..he told him . when the coach came running in the gym, full of football players and soccer players, He screamed..." alright guy, lets go!'

young hussein screamed: "koooj Kooooj!

coach : " YEES!"

yH : " i NEED SEKIS IN THE LOCKER!"

***everyone laughed***

coach : *coach silent at this point *thinking did he just say " I need sex in the locker" or maybe it is some little trouble maker cracking jokes.

yH : " Koooj Koooj!" * still thinking the coach didnt hear him.

Coach: "Shut your mouth, stop moving like gurls com'on!"

**everybody was still cracking over that because the coach is mean dude*

yH : " Kooj why yu abuse me, i am no girl"

*** the locker room shaked wit laughter**

I was thinking at this point...oh god that is it he embarrased us. but i couldnt hold back my laughter.

The coach told him he couldnt play that day. Now i see the dude, he sit around coffee shops screaming " of koorse, of the problem of the beeble". God you gotta luv somalis, we break and bruise this language like no other.

Words learned from private schools back home.

" silly question haaf no answer!"

RedSea   

Assalamu Calaykum,

Good jokes diagaale indeed, although I didn't like the content of the jokes. Nevertheless, I will also tell you good joke since you started this whole thing for once.

Ok it goes like this,

Once upon a time there was this Somali lady who wanted to take the bus when she arrived at the bus stop she diddn't know if the bus had left or not, so she turned to of the poeple standing at the bus stop to ask if the bus she was looking for which was bus #18 had left.

The somali lady said to a guy standing near by.

"Hooyo bus lumber 18 xoving( moving)

she meant bus number 18 moved away. :D

Another one, there was this somali lady whom was getting interviewed for some legal documents when she was asked her age and she said " I am dirty (thirty) and my husband is dirty( thirty two) too. If pronounce thirty with the American excent you will kind a get the choke. Get it. :D

That's all for me. :D

Guhaad   

Red: " I am dirty (thirty) and my husband is dirty( thirty two) too. If pronounce thirty with the American excent you will kind a get the choke. Get it.

:D

here is my two riyaal donation to the thread.

once there was this Somali employee at a store. one day the manager invited all the employees and said 'today we will have a party in the break room'. Jimcaale who was standing next to Samater, looked at him and said, 'Samatarow u sheeg anigaa aadaamaya'. thinking that the manager said prayer. :D

^^^ kix kix kix waryaa islaanta dirty ha ka dhigin inkaar ku dhaaftaye' But on the real Red sea I wish that was just a joke' It is true story that is why i had to say the content as it was.

Jimca lee ala maxaa hor istaagtay privatyo, kaan we haaf konfersation biliis, haw dhu yu dhu! adigoo food dheer :D

Sheekooyin badan aa nii hayaa, insha allah wey soo socdaan.

untill then Sii yuu

J.Lee   

Hu is jimcaale?: Kaf dhuud, yu r needink to istob abusink my magac oor i wiil haarm yu, kabish?

Diigaalow,

I am doink fayn. Tank u foor askin. :D

Laba-X   

"" I am dirty (thirty) and my husband is dirty( thirty two) too."

...I might be mistaken but i swear i thought that was an Indian who said that. try pronouncing that in Indian accent and you'll see what i mean!

BOB   

A Somali employee came to work late one day and his employer was furious and called him to his office and demanded Faarax to explain why his dusty behind was late and here is how their conversation went.

“Why are you late Mister?â€

“Because I was opening my wife†meaning divorcing his wife.

“why†asked his visibly saddened Boss.

“because she entered my ocean†= interfering with his faaraxnimo businessâ€

“what happened, she was very good ladyâ€

“waryaa what’s 15 for you, gaalyahow gaalku dhalay†= “that’s none of your bloody business Gaalyahow Gaalku Dhalayâ€

if you don’t know the meaning of that then Hakugu

Taagnaato.

I Love My Somali People To Death and May God Bless Them All.

Peace, Love & Unity.

RedSea   

Assalamu Calaykum,

That was all funny guys, but here is another one that happened in Somalia. Back in the day when we had Hargeysa and Muqdisho under same adminstration.

It goes like this. Once upon a time a truck full of passengers drove from Moqdisho to Hargeysa. On the truck there was Northerner and lady from the South. The lady recently visited the country from somewhere in the United states or Britain. So she kind a had the English language still lingering in her ears. As you can imagine the truck was full so people had to really be patient with each other. As the trip went along, the ladies' legs touch the Northerner guy everytime she stretches. Then she would say "Iskuusme" (Excuse me), the guy thought she said iskuus in somali. So every time her feet touch him, she would say iskuusme and the guy would crouch together in respect. When the end of their trip was near, she said it again "Iskuusme" the guy stood up in loud voice screaming in Somali " naa tan iyo Xamar ayaan iskuusanee naga tag". :D

Assalamu Calaykum.

RedSea   

Originally posted by BOB:

A Somali employee came to work late one day and his employer was furious and called him to his office and demanded Faarax to explain why his dusty behind was late and here is how their conversation went.

“Why are you late Mister?â€

“Because I was opening my wife†meaning divorcing his wife.

“why†asked his visibly saddened Boss.

“because she entered my ocean†= interfering with his faaraxnimo businessâ€

“what happened, she was very good ladyâ€

“waryaa what’s 15 for you, gaalyahow gaalku dhalay†= “that’s none of your bloody business Gaalyahow Gaalku Dhalayâ€

if you don’t know the meaning of that then Hakugu

Taagnaato.

I Love My Somali People To Death and May God Bless Them All.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Yes Mr. Bob I do also love my people and in fact, I have heard about that one very funny indeed. :D

Baluug   

I had a friend in Brooks whose name was also Liibaan, he always said "doe" when he meant to say "though". One day, my wife and I were at his place and he saw that I looked tired, so he says to my wife, " Liban looks like for da sleep, doe"........thought that was funny.....

Baluug   

I just had to post this.......i was just at KFC and a Hindi guy came in behind me. When he ordered his food, he asked for extra ice in his drink, so he asked for "too much ice". But with his accent, he actually said "Too much a$$"!!!!!!! LOOOOOOOOOOOOL.............

Zafir   

Muruq ba igalay: muscle entered me

Wuxu wa imtixaan socda: he is walking examination

Wadnaha an farta ku hayey: had my finger on my heart

Dhabrka ba ikla baxay: I split my back

Sxbka qofti dhulka bey ku jiidey: your friend was dragged on the floor by his girlfriend

:D:D

^since you did somali translation- :D

OK maanta waxaan idiin soo gudbinayaa tarjumaad hadalo ay ku hadlaan reer "YO" waad ila garaneysaan. Muhiimadu waxay tahay inaad af garato, qaasatan hadaad dhawaan wadankan (mareykanka) soo gashay.

REcognize homie this is our block!

Translator :Soo dhawoow, tani waa dagaankeenii

Step back dude You dont me like dat'

Translator : Bal wax yar i sug ninyahay' kumaad aheyd.

Social

What u claimin' Qabiilkee tahay

stop tha BS! naga daa xaarka dibiga!

Is you beefin?: Hilib lo' miyaad heysaa

you betta chill: Qabowga ayaa kuu roon

Give me ur money foo Lacagta keen waa isbaaro

You wanna get high Kor na gee aan marqaanee

Dumarka marka ay la hadlayaan

Whassup gurl Maxaa kor ah inanyahey

Hit me up: Kor Igu dhufo

Hey shorty how u feelin?

Tan yaree gaaban sidee luguu hayaa?

Hook me up, let me get the digits Isku keen xir (nikaax la aan) aan ku qabtee nambaradeeda keen.

damn you are phat! Nacalatulah waad buurantahay

Keep it on the DL Hoosta ku hayso

You wanna go out wit me?

Translator : Muku soo biyo biyeystaa? (badanaa waalidka waa mid ka qarsoon oo la is tartiibsanaayo)

Entertanment

I was bumpin hotboys remix with puff daddy it was off the chain .

Translator : Wiilasha kulul ayaan dhageysanaayey marka ay la qasteen aabihii kuusnaa, waa sidii silsilado dad lago soo furay kale.

I heard 50 cent rap man he was ill fo real'

Translator :Ma maqashay konton kumi oo murmaayo, wuu jiranaa run ahaantii.

Com'n lets go ride on my wheels, Ama break it down to you how the real players do it.

Translator : Soo bax aan fuulnee garaangartaydii

waxaan kuu jajabinayaa sidii ciyaartoyga ookale. ouch :confused:

Sports:

we waz at the game, man abdi was burning them catz. i was like dat's my daawg

Translator : waxaan joognay ciyaartii, cabdi wuxuu gubay bisadihii oo idil, markaas baan iri kani waa aygeygii.

I hope that was helpfull' Be patient and make sure you dont use any of your fingers to point out anything or wear gaduud mise baluug meelo qaarkood.

peesh :D