Sign in to follow this  
Fabregas

SMacking ciyal?

Fabregas   

do u think it should be banned and should parents smack their kidz at all? I know most of you got whipped with a Belt and proper karabash, but I'm referring to those raising kids in Western Society. Is not longer acceptable to give your child a smack?

Ibtisam   

I grew up in the west and I got a little smack now and then or small beats with somali Caadeye and it did me good.

I don't think beating kids does anything on its own, but it could be used as part of method/ approach to raise your child. And don't beat your child like a donkey or an enemy, seriously sometimes things I see! :eek:

Malika   

^I agree,sometimes some parents take it too far.I am against physical violence,be it a light slap or a proper belt whooping session. It hasnt done my daughter any harm from 'not' being slapped,whooped or beaten up.

The whooping,beating I used to receive for petty little things were just unfair.

I believe smacking comes when a parent have lost control of his/her emotions.How can you smack a child for accidentally spilling a drink or when a child draws on walls?[my fav memory of my daughter's creativity..lol].

NGONGE   

Oh stop being spoilsports. It's one of the privileges of parenthood. There are more cruel ways to discipline children than smacking. I never smack anyway. It is more fun to kick a chair, pretend to punch a door and stamp your foot on the floor. It makes them think that the smack, when it comes, will be a mighty painful one.

Faheema.   

^You can't be serious? ma ilma yar baad dhagta ka qaniini lahayd? Washamsidana ma hargeisa la jooga? that constitutes child abuse regardless of where you live.

nuune   

^^Hargeisa ayuu joogaa ninkan yaa Faheema, caruurtiisuuna washta ku hayaa habeen iyo maalin.

I remember one time, nin baa naagtiisa oo uur ah haraati siduu ugu wadey ayey cunug caloosha ku jira soo tuurtey, ku kaloo asna hal sano jireyna oo ay dhabta ku heysay markaa asna haraati baa ku dhacdey oo darbiga ayuu madaxa ku dhufsadey madaxii baa kala dillaacey.

naagtii baa lagu yiri ninkan sidan kuu galay adiga iyo ilmahaagaba maad iska furtid, markaasey tiri xaasidiin baad tihiin odeygeyga ii daaya ha na qaraaco aniga iyo ilmaha ee orda shaqa yeesha.

Ms DD   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Oh stop being spoilsports. It's one of the privileges of parenthood. There are more cruel ways to discipline children than smacking. I never smack anyway. It is more fun to kick a chair, pretend to punch a door and stamp your foot on the floor. It makes them think that the smack, when it comes, will be a mighty painful one.

It is like that huh? That sounds petrifying to kids really.

I will have to sue my parents now..Getting their kicks like that.

Originally posted by nuune:

I remember one time, nin baa naagtiisa oo uur ah haraati siduu ugu wadey ayey cunug caloosha ku jira soo tuurtey, ku kaloo asna hal sano jireyna oo ay dhabta ku heysay markaa asna haraati baa ku dhacdey oo darbiga ayuu madaxa ku dhufsadey madaxii baa kala dillaacey.

naagtii baa lagu yiri ninkan sidan kuu galay adiga iyo ilmahaagaba maad iska furtid, markaasey tiri xaasidiin baad tihiin odeygeyga ii daaya ha na qaraaco aniga iyo ilmaha ee orda shaqa yeesha.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

please say this is not true - i don't know which is worse the last paragraph or the first one - i would like to live in my la la land where i believe this sort of thing does not happen.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by J.a.c.a.y.l.b.a.r.o:

Caruurta haday is xariifiyaan dhegtaa laga qaniinaa ,,,,,,,,,, ama qanjiidho ayaa lagu waalaa calashaan washamsi.

Heh. Kuwigee timahaan ka qaniini jiray lakin hadaa way i fahmiin. :D

ps

Faheema, xaaaax@your avater :D

(are you under 25? Apply in my luuq within 28 days).

nuune   

Sayid, It is true bro, she gave birth to lil baby as a result of the beatin caloosha iyo bogga ayuu ka qaraacey, then told the people to back off and leave her husband.

I was there sxb, shaahid baan ahaa dadkii qeelada ku soo baxey ayaan ka mid ahaa.

Faheema.   

I really don’t know how some people don’t understand the impact of whipping a child and how in most cases it creates lasting damage. When you hit a child with a belt/and whatever you can get your hands on (as some Somali parents do) it is physical abuse, regardless of how you justify it, it isn’t an appropriate form of discipline. Moreover, is the point of discipline to teach consequence for their actions, or to permanently damage a child?

lol@NGONGE, caadi ma tihid...one too many whipping/washamsi :D

some of the kids that grow up here in the west .. badly need to be smacked and straightened out.

not that the ones from back home dont need a good smack once in a while but nowhere near as much as the ones here.

ofcourse hooyadood sida loogula heshiin lahaa baa dhib ka taagan i know a few sisters that have the same stance as +Faheema ... how to make them understand its good for the kids :D