Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

Vent Room... Let it out what pisses u off about Somali people!

Hibo   

No offense but our ppl, r rather ignorant, sadly tp say. I hate it when they look at u n judge, just by the way u r dressed, or who u r with. I am sorry but u gotta be able to look beyond what the eye can see, make such a judgement. Its only Allah that can judge, coz he sees it all inside/out! cwm23.gif

------------------

Each one of us is a masterpiece in progress

Naasir   

I think that is the way we see things, and am not sure how it is gonna change and who?

May be u Hibo who will.

Cuz I have frnds who when they got to know me said "oooh We didn't think u were like this" am sure u don't wanna know their excuse.

So I developed a habit of, since I will be surrounded by Maryooleey for the rest of my life try not to give attention such assumptions.

Keep the smile.gif

As always just a thought

------------------

Abdinuur   

True...hibo.

What bothers me or rather annoys me is when I'm drivin' down the road...and some Somalis are keep starrin' at me...like they neva eva seen a human before. And it's not just the roads...but elsewhere, too..like at the malls...and restaurants/shoppin' places..

You look (maybe a sec..) but dont stare...na mean.

Specially if I'm wit a female...they just stare atchu and talk aboutchu later...this needs to change...am I right or wrong..

ONE LUV.

Hibo   

People will judge you as long as you live. Its a human instinct which doesn't really bother me alot. I figured its good to remain mysterious to them, keep a safe distance always. Let them worry about what you'r like, be a buzzle lol. Works for me~~

God Bless

------------------

Live today to the fullest because tomorrow is not promised".

Okey, I have huge issues when it comes to this. Check this out I take my boss to eat at a Somali restaurant and everybody stops and stares at us "relax it's lunch time" we just want to get our grub on. WHY STARE...WHY? yeah i know he is white, so is everybody else walking down the street. So what!

Damn maaaan!

Hibo   

It feels like u all r talking about the same experiences I had walaahi. When I first cam eto MN, for some reason, I was so much into Somalis, I am still. So I thought to myself, I would atleast spread my luv, so I went out saying hello to every Somali I see. Till later I learned that they considered me as a psycho...walaahi it shocked... What do u know? I now fall in the same category as they, I simply ingore any somali that I don't know...I hate it, but that is the way its suppose to be I guess....

Isii_ I took my friends I mean we were like 15 of us, to Xamdi restraunt in Mpls, everyone was staring at us, coz we were all chatting in English..n I being the only somali.. I heard some guys saying, " Waa gaal ismood"...I was like what?..Just simply I am having a good time with my "ajinabi" friends doesn't mean " Gaal is mood aan ahay".. yaa ogaado I am more somali than they will ever be!

------------------

Hibo   

Originally posted by Hibo:

It feels like u all r talking about the same experiences I had walaahi. When I first cam eto MN, for some reason, I was so much into Somalis, I am still. So I thought to myself, I would atleast spread my luv, so I went out saying hello to every Somali I see. Till later I learned that they considered me as a psycho...walaahi it shocked... What do u know? I now fall in the same category as they, I simply ingore any somali that I don't know...I hate it, but that is the way its suppose to be I guess....

Isii_ I took my friends I mean we were like 15 of us, to Xamdi restraunt in Mpls, everyone was staring at us, coz we were all chatting in English..n I being the only somali.. I heard some guys saying, " Waa gaal ismood"...I was like what?..Just simply I am having a good time with my "ajinabi" friends doesn't mean " Gaal is mood aan ahay".. yaa ogaado I am more somali than they will ever be!

An admission of your irresistable weaknesses. Can I say you were obviously assimilated into a culture that you don't belong? America wants my values, its part of the project, believe or not. Am always into that ideology.

Baydan   

My beef is with laudness of our people..I mean why do we shout? In the bus, in the school cafeteria, down the hallway between classrooms, hospitals..maybe even in funerals (never been to one) this is soo lowly so very reerbadinimo..When we imitating the gaalo and loosing our culture why do we pick to imitate the bad parts..I mean inti xunba qadanayee inti fiicneyd maxaa inoo diiday?? I'm talking about manners and proper social conducts.

Hibo   

Caydiid: Weakness can be defined in many different ways bro...i am not sure what ur intentions were as in this topic..but to me weakness is defined as " The inability to blend in or adopt to the rules n ways of living in the enviroment that u live in without loosing the moral values u hold dear" That is to me weaknes...however, its apparent ur beef is on something else...coz, from what i have narrated, there is nothing inappropriate about it....as far as Somali culture is concerned!

Abdinuur: its 4 real walaahi

------------------

Hibo   

Originally posted by Hibo:

Caydiid: Weakness can be defined in many different ways bro...i am not sure what ur intentions were as in this topic..but to me weakness is defined as " The inability to blend in or adopt to the rules n ways of living in the enviroment that u live in without loosing the moral values u hold dear" That is to me weaknes...however, its apparent ur beef is on something else...coz, from what i have narrated, there is nothing inappropriate about it....as far as Somali culture is concerned!

Abdinuur: its 4 real walaahi

One can overlook the literal meanings in words, but can't deny the implications within them. So, don't worry Hibo, the picture you've drawn is visible to me.

Salaama All,

The thing is you will be "judged" by People regardless of what you're and aren't! It's Human Nature.... and Somalis are No exception... People meet the YOU that is outside first! then if you're Lucky, they will know the Real you b4 they judge you! you have to take good care of the outer you most of the time Cuz when you meet a Person for the first time...they are not gonna know what kind of person you're internally but for certain they will know who you're based on how you carry yourself(The outer you) and 100% of the time, we are judged{and we Judge plp} by their Behavior, and appearance.

You just have to becareful of what you wear who you call 'friends' cuz The Prophet(Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) said: "A man follows the religion of his friend; so each one should consider whom he makes his friend". and lastly what comes from your mouth especially if you're a Somali-Muslima... If We are woman(girls if you prefer) we have to be Extra cautious Cuz all we got is Our Reputation and once we loose that we lost everthing!...

I once knew a girl that was really a good person, she prayed, avoided haraam things, but her one weakness or should I say Mistake was the way she Dressed! Plp constantly talked about her dress, and even though she was a Virgin they Claimed she was "nothing but a *********" so you see, We gota watch what we wear, how we act and what we say especially in Public!!

Ma'salaama.........

P.S what Pisses me off about Somalis in general is their Lack of Tolarence for each others qabiilz!!.......

[This message has been edited by LadyFatima (edited 04-03-2002).]

Buubto   

Hibo

Alxamdulilaah finally people have same problem as me. is shocking they say we muslim & they do everything that Allah banned from them. dabci xun oo dhan Somali ayaa qabto, qeelo, islaweeni, faan, dirdiraale, staring, being late, racisam, discrimination & etc. sis these ppl r unbelievable seriously they make me sick I sometimes say that is it I won’t get married to a Somali men just cuz how much I hate them judging ppl & talking behind them. “Somali u dhaw naar la diris” that is what I call them. u say one thing they change it to the opposite (subxaana laah). I used to love them so much just like u, when I saw starting fire I run away still am. These ppl r ignorant & ahbaliin walaahi. The only place I communicate Somalis other than my relatives is over the net, cuz I feel saver lol. That is how fed up I am.

Just one advise never ever be best friend with Somali girl, even normal friend just do biggrin.gif that lol "ilko cadees", don’t ever trust them, don’t ever believe them, ignore them & do what u think is the best for u as long as u pleasing Allah. I know it sounds cruel & over exaggerating but that is the reality girl. I did that alxamdulilaah is working 4 me so far.

------------------

"Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty: establish our feet firmly, and help us against those that resist Faith." (3:147)

[This message has been edited by Buubto (edited 04-03-2002).]

Hibo   

“Decay is inherent in all compounded things. Strive on With diligence.” I truthfully feel none of us have anyone to blame for whatever we have done with our own personal lives. It has been proven that at the age of 7 most of us have reached the age of reason -- which means we do, at this age, understand & know the difference between right & wrong. Hope that too applies to us the “Somalis” Of course -- environment plays an awfully important part in our lives as we assimilate and embrace or not embrace other cultures that Somehow clash with our own. "Our strengths are often our weaknesses and our weaknesses are often our greatest strengths." What matters is to try to respect the Old culture as much as you do the new. As for Dummies they surely are everywhere and exist in all communities……all one can do is not to even notice their dilemma which of couse U.

Spread some some Love instead..J:

love2.gif

------------------

("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._

`6_ 6 ) `-. ( ).`-.__.`)

(_Y_.)' ._ ) `._ `. ``-..-'

_..`--'_..-_/ /--'_.' ,'

(il),-`` (li),` ((!.-` S-h-a-q-ss-ii

Salaama again....

Buubtooy Let me tell u something...U can say all these Negative things about your People but the thing is YOU're THEM......to an outsider a SOMALI is a SOMALI regardless of how much you think you're Reer Magaalad or better than them!..True our culture has some elements that are unattractive but that is the thing about us...we are who we are and should be proud of it no matter what.... We are "Qabyaalaystiin, islaweenayaal, Isfaanshayaal, dirdiraalayaal" all that and some But Personally I rather Just be THAT then anything else.....

Galz U can say all that negative things about our people....But Just know that you're Included!! I don't see what you or whoever else that insults their People get from doing so? Bringing out the Bad/Negative things about your Culture Won't Solve the Problem rather it's only adding to it..Notice how you said we "discriminate" Aren't you just doing that by Signaling out the bad elements of the Somali Culture???

2ndly........Believe it or Not...Somali Culture is As good As it gets!!... some of you may think w're this or that But the truth is that No Culture is better than us, every Culture there is Has it's Good elements and Bad elements as well...Just like Us!! So lets Just Love Our culture the way itz and Change dear starts from Within, So if you think something is wrong with somali Culture? Then Something is Wrong with you..So start from Within yourself!!

3rdly.......you're wrong sista when you say "never ever make best friend with Somali girl"...Let me tell you, I've two of the Best Best Best Best and Best Gal Friends there is One is Raula...and the other is Qalanjo!!..I trust these sis with my LIFE!! that is how much respect & Love I've for them and They for me....... Not everyone can be trusted, but girl Give Galz a Chance to be friends with you! You may just find the Sista your mother never had just like ME....

Ma'salaama ...No offense inteneded! I just dont like when my plp are disrespected....