Sign in to follow this  
OG_Girl

Deleted

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Zulfa:

Og, I read that in Al Ittihad Newspaper. If it was against the 'Jews' that dictionary would've been ereased from the world by now for publishng Anti-semitic descriptions. Bs shngoool el3arab ragdah fel 3asal. zzzzzzzz noom el3awafi inshallah
:D

Allah y9l7 7alna bs

ما ضاع حق وراءه مطالب، بس عشان إحنا ضيعنا أشياء أهمـ بتعتقدين ÙÙŠ أحد بيسمع لجمعيات الدÙاع عن العرب

This was on a national newspaper? Really?

One hopes that it was on one of those ‘gossip’ columns and not given half a page or put in a prominent section.

Such stories are petty. Though one has to wonder at the mindset that goes scouring dictionaries and the like to find offence!

The unending quest to find fault and reinforce the fact that Muslims (Arabs) are disliked by the West is really nauseating. This is petty, small-minded and cheap. We have become (as a Muslim world) very self-centred, inferior and reactionary. What’s even more galling is that we use such nonsense to ‘open’ each other’s eyes to the ‘evil’ of the West and the ‘reality’ on the ground. Delusional is not strong enough a word to use here. Maybe if I added self-indulgent naval gazers, eh!

OG Moti   

^^ I don't get it brother.. are u defending the west against ur own people.. as the sister said if anything against how small it is about Jew the story would be different, besides yes wake up, if you want to die as a muslim which is something i ask Allah everyday... they trying to remove suurah(s) that concern Jew from the Quran, are you going to tell me it is ok too.. man i like u as a person dont be little man and make the thing small and gossip... if you joking .. joke time is over since Bush said either you are with us (the infidels) or against us (refering to muslims).. and your religion tells you "Faman yuwaaliihim fa huwa min hum" those who with them are amoung them - i am sure you don't want to be seen as infedil by Allah... Acuudu bilaah from that...

Peace

NGONGE   

^^^ P508,

Let me give you an example:

If I had a fight with you, would it be reasonable and manly for me to spend all of my time worrying about what you’re going to do next or the ‘evil’ plans you’re concocting for me? Worse still, if you and I were enemies, would it be manly if all I bothered with was the size of your nose, or how fat you are or if you lived in Cambodia?

I’m sure you’ll agree that it’s petty and unmanly for two men to throw such silly insults at each other, right? Why then do you care what insults the West throws your way? Does it matter that much to you if someone said you had a big nose or you were fat?

Now, have some REAL pride in your faith and people and try not to be swayed by nonsense like some trivial words in a dictionary. Waa sheeko dumar and the whole Islamic world has become nothing but sheeko dumar these days. It’s two extremes; either sit back and calaacil or over do it and go blow up innocent people. Trust me saaxib, there is a middle ground. Take a step back and don’t let the weepers and wailers persuade you to fall into this girly type of calaacil about Muslims and Islam.

I shall not comment on how Allah will view me, you or even the real infidel. What I do or don’t do does not matter when it comes to Allah’s mercy. Never be under the mistaken impression that this is an equal relationship and that as long as you ‘adhere’ you’re going to get what you want. It’s nothing to do with your or my deeds and everything to do with raxmat rabak, saaxib. Remember that as you start sabre rattling and thinking whatever mad ideas you have will please Allah.

Pray for Mercy, saaxib. Mercy for us all, here and later.

OG Moti   

Sxb with all my respect, the examples you have given me has nothing to do with the subject.. Brother when a person calls me names, breaking his legs wont do me or him good, and when a man breaks my leg, I break his leg.. but Islam says if you forgive it is better.. but the case is not person or not about me or the individuals, the case is when someone touches your religion or identity it stays for generation and it misleads the ignorance. then I am obliged to react and react hard.. Sxb don’t tell me if someone insults my religion or my Prophet or prophet in that matter I should walk away or write articles and rally in the streets protesting and demanding fairness from governments who things freedom of speech is open your mouth and say whatever you please.. and as Muslims we are forbidden to call names people, but we calling them names that Allah called them such as idol-worshippers, damned one’s and I hope you wont argue about this..

When a dictionary says infidel means Muhammadia it is unacceptable, when Arab “our prophet P.B.U.H origin is translated as such “I can’t even mention†then it is unacceptable. and measurements must be taken, no matter how violant..but must be selective not toward innocents...

PEace

NGONGE   

OG-Moti,

Arr waxaga wa gardaro dee! Who wrote that dictionary? Ma Muslim bu aha mese gaaal? Who do you think a gaaal would class as an infidel? Why is that an insult to you anyway?

The examples I gave you were more sufficient, saaxib. You just want to lash out at someone. Fine, go argue with those that write dictionaries and sit and gossip about conspiracy theories while the world leaves you behind.

OG Girl,

There was nothing wrong with what Zulfa said. I was surprised that a national newspaper had actually reported such trivial news. That’s all.

اما من ناحية قولة الاه! ما بس خلاص يا جماعه..هوا احنا اصلا نعر٠نقول حاجه تانيه غير الاه Ùˆ شويه كلام Ùارغ عن مؤامرات وحاجات بدون ادله...

اللهجه المصريه ما Ùيش احسن منها

Salma   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

OG-Moti

The examples I gave you were more sufficient, saaxib. You just want to lash out at someone. Fine, go argue with those that write dictionaries and sit and gossip about conspiracy theories while the world leaves you behind.

OG Girl

There was nothing wrong with what Zulfa said. I was surprised that a national newspaper had actually reported such trivial news. That’s all.

اما من ناحية قولة الاه! ما بس خلاص يا جماعه..هوا احنا اصلا نعر٠نقول حاجه تانيه غير الاه Ùˆ شويه كلام Ùارغ عن مؤامرات وحاجات بدون ادله...

طيب يا سيد العارÙين إنت، خبرنا شو الحل Ùˆ القوم كلهم من وراءك، شرايك يا أرسطو زمانك؟ :D

ايها القوم حسب ما Ùهمت من السÙسطائي الكبير نقونقي

، أما قبل:

نقونقي (شكل الكلمة Ùليبينة) يقولكم إذا ما تمت اهانتكم Ùلا تحتجوا، تسبوا أو تغالطوا على خلق الله.

تموا مسخرة و اسكتوا إلى أن يرث الله الأرض و من عليها.

Ùˆ إن حدث ÙˆÙÙŠ قلب وعقل أحدكم غيرة على دينه Ùليقعد أيضا Ùˆ لا يحرك قيد أنملة Ùˆ لا ينبت ببنت Ø´ÙØ© Ùˆ إن حدث Ùˆ تكلم (مو Ùجر ولا دمر ناطحات)بس تكلم يتم وصÙÙ‡ بأنه إرهابي درجة أولى مع مرتبة الشر٠من قبل الأعداء أما من قبل الأصدقاء Ùهو غاوي "نظريات مؤامرات وكلام Ùارغ".

يعني لاتروح يمين و لا تروح شمال، و يا ريت بعد ما تم واق٠أو قاعد ،لأنه شكلك إنت كده مش عاجبنا خالص مالص .

أما بعد،

شو الحل؟ ماكو حل. و اشربوا العصير على قولة محمود سعد

So, you want us to close down our political centers, change our educational systems& religous princples, and oppress our nations when they say something true about Mama America and her Ugly Duckling. That's called Humanity & Respect and we must respect,please them and never hurt'em. But, when they offend, attack and insult us you say "Rest ppl, relax, you are still living in the Dark Ages and your tiny heads are full of Consipracy Theories. Move on!!! quit the Conspiracy Theory thing"

Well, if u wana relax, then go ahead.. Do it and ignore what's written in the Newspapers and dictionaries,,, enjoy the Food and Drink and your peace of mind. Bon Appetite, but, we are not following the same line. For me, I prefer the Dark Ages Era if it means to Speak up and Stand for my rights.

Quote:-

"The Good Arab is the Dead Arab" Bin Gurion

UnQuote:-

You want me dead !! No problem @ all , but u gonna go with me.

P.S: مبروك عل الانسحاب من غزة، رغم إن الÙار يلعب كثير ÙÙŠ عبي مش مريحيني

NGONGE   

Zulfa, these are unfair questions. You really want me to give you a solution to all Muslim ills?

I will not deceive you by making up my own solutions. I will not even bother giving you the usual ‘let us go back to Islam’ solution (simply because you probably heard that one a million times already and mine might be the straw that finally broke the camel’s back).

What I do is point out the discrepancies in the way we view the world and deal with it. Do you really not see the pettiness of quoting disparaging words in a commercial dictionary to prove some moot point? If you were doing it, if OG was doing it or even if I was doing it that would have been fine. These would have been our own personal opinions and we (probably) would have had reasons for making such opinions. You note that I did not bounce on OG Girl when she posted her article, however when you mentioned that a national newspaper had actually printed such nonsense (and it’s not even a tabloid newspaper) I despaired.

Our media is our ‘unofficial’ spokespeople. They convey (and shape) public opinion. They’ve been doing so for the past 40 years. Had I read such an article twenty years ago, I would have attributed it to the blackout on news that the tyrant Muslim rulers used to have. Now though, with the explosion of satellite media, online newspapers and Internet forums, the governments have lost control on most of the news outlets (and are even loosening their grip on state media). Now, serious newspapers such as Al-Itihad have no excuse or reason to print such drivel. This sort of rubbish should be confined to web blogs and gossip magazines.

Zulfa, my dear excitable Nomad, nobody said you can’t criticise America or Israel. What I’m saying (and I’m sure you already understand) is that such criticism has to have a point. Do you consider the quoting of dictionaries and spreading of conspiracy theories an intelligent form of criticism? An intelligent form of discourse? An intelligent form of fight-back?

Let us not go in circles and throw tantrums, people. America and Israel are not the friends of Islam. This is very clear and apparent by their DEEDS not the nonsense found in dictionaries. That the ordinary sheep would wail and cry at the mere hint of insult is to be expected, that someone in a position of responsibility would follow the bleating of the sheep and print such nonsensical articles is a shock. I don’t have solutions for you, Zulfa. However, I know (and hope that you will too) that self-indulgence, naval gazing and feeling sorry for ourselves are also not much of a solution. I also don’t think that lashing out and blowing up civilian buildings and people is a solution. I’ve already given extensive reasons why I don’t agree with either method. They don’t stand to scrutiny. This does not mean there are no other solutions. The problem is that instead of looking for them we’re spending our time searching dictionaries and crying about our great history.

Ps

The Ben Gurion quote was a very mild one. You should have quoted the Sharon one about killing Arab children to stop them from later becoming Jewish ‘murderers’. That would have got your blood boiling I bet.

Again. It is a pointless quote, my dear. One does not NEED to hear about it, one only needs to SEE that Palestinian lands are occupied by Israelis to know that Israeli governments are not what one would call our best chums. Can you actually see the pointlessness of quoting empty words of dead Jewish politicians now? Rise above it, my dear, rise above it.

PPS

اما عن الانسحاب من غزه, الÙار يلعب بعب الكل. شارون كان من اكبر المشجعين لعمليات الاستيطان ÙÙŠ غزه والضÙÙ‡. العقل والمنطق يقولون انه مش معقول يكون غير رايه وقرر يصير مسالم! العقل والمنطق مش الخزعبلات والاشاعات.

علا راي الشاعر

سيحدثونك يا بني عن السلام

اياك ان تصغي الي هذا الكلام

كالطÙÙ„ يخدع بالمنا حتي ينام

صدقتهم يوما Ùاوتني الخيام

وغدا طعامي من نوال المحسنين

يلقي الي الي الجياع الاجيئن

Ùسلامهم مكر وامنهم سراب

نشروا الدمار علي بلادك والخراب

No, I didn't find that poem in the back of some dictionary. :D

PPPS

طب ليه كدا يا اوجي جرل؟ ما كنا كويسيين ياسستر....اما بخصوص الصهاينه, انتي Ø´Ùتيني كتبت حاجه عنهم غير ÙÙŠ اجابتي الاخيره؟ عباد الله الصالحين وورثة الارض ما يعرÙوش حق وانصا٠ولا ايه يا صالحه؟

ما عليش مقبوله منك يا بنت جلدتي

smile.gif

Salma   

ودنك منيين يا جحا

رد طويل، لا يسمن و لا يغني من جوع

Again, what's the solution ya Ngonge? I thought u'll give me the Right Remedy for this issue instead moving in the same circle:-

1st. Don't waste ur time & eneregy quoting from silly dictionaires.

2nd. Don't blow yourself and kill civilians.

3rd. Don't quote from the Dead Dirty Politicians.

4th- Don't feel sorry 4 urself.

I don’t have solutions for you, Zulfa. However, I know (and hope that you will too) that self-indulgence, naval gazing and feeling sorry for ourselves are also not much of a solution. I also don’t think that lashing out and blowing up civilian buildings and people is a solution. I’ve already given extensive reasons why I don’t agree with either method. They don’t stand to scrutiny. This does not mean there are no other solutions. The problem is that instead of looking for them we’re spending our time searching dictionaries and crying about our great history.

4th. Ppl, don't read for Ngonge again unless u bring with u some Panadole :D

NGONGE   

^^^^ I put time and effort into that long post, dear. I believe it was worth it. You got my point loud and clear, but you’re of course entitled to try and rescue a semblance of face. :cool:

As for referring to me as ‘the philosopher of my time’, I strongly resent such a label. I think you’ll find that my philosophy (if such wisdom can be limited thus) transcends all generation (not just yours and mine).

No need to apologise. :D

PS

Don’t let this playful post distract from the seriousness of my previous posts. smile.gif

i agree with you ;)

مبروك عل الانسحاب من غزة، رغم إن الÙار يلعب كثير ÙÙŠ عبي مش مريحيني

me too wallahi. i think he's up to somthing

بعد التحيه ومزيد من الاحترام

ما هو شعورك عندما لا يتم الرد على موضوعك؟

لاشك أن أحدنا عندما يطرح موضوعاً ويجد مشاركة الأعضاء

وتجاوبهم معه بالرد عليه Ùإن ذلك يسعده ويدÙعه إلى المزيد

ويجتهد حتى يضع مواضيع أجمل من السابق

وتجده كل يوم وهو موجود ÙÙŠ المنتدى ويرد على مواضيع الغير وهو متأكد بأن

أخوانه وأخواته سو٠يردون على مواضيعه

ولكن إذا لم يتم الرد على موضوعك وأنت بذلت جهد كي تضعه ÙÙŠ المنتدى

Ùبماذا تشعر :( or :rolleyes: ØŸ

see you sooOooN smile.gif

Haddad   

I forgot it, but what was the title of this topic? I don't know what the poster is trying to achieve, but it was unnecessary. I believe the best way to leave a forum is to just leave, without announcements or deleting topics/comments. Anyway, life will go on, as this forum's life or continuity isn't dependent on members quitting it.

QANCIYE   

oH so that is why huh. I guess u right dont' think its necessary to delete or make huge sound just b/c you leaving lol. are they leaving b/c new members just arrived. I noticed lots of new ones here recently