Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

Xaflad Aad u balaaran oo loo sameeyey Degmada Dacar Budhug: Hargeysa,SL.

RedSea   

Assalamu Calaykum,

When people mention the name of this place something comes to my mind like, depressing ,gloomy, and that sort of thing. I mean think about Dacar Budhuq, what kind of name is that? Well today they changed that depressing, gloomy into something hopefully better. As always when new things are being introduced , they held a big event for the name change so take a look at these pics.

http://www.halganews.com/content/view/1861/2/

I am not sure what the government officials are doing there but anyways the pictures are kind of interesting.

Assalamu Calaykum.

Gabbal   

Ayoub-

Would it have matter if he had written "balaadhan?

Speech is a product of geography, not clan affiliation. smile.gif

RedSea   

Assalamu Calaykum. icon_razz.gif

Hey Ayoub.

AAD U BALAADHAN, THERE I SAID IT AND I CAN SAY IT ALL DAY WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS. Sometimes I say it with an r and sometimes with an dh and I don't think there is anythink wrong with it. It's whichever way my tongue rolls sxb.

icon_razz.gif

Please comment the event or don't post a thing if you don't have anything to say.

Peace.

Assalamu Calaykum.

Yonis   

Wow, that was really xaflad aad u baladhan, cid u kala harteyba ma ay jirin, but why did they call it Laas Geel? Is there any history behind this name?

Castro   

I remember having breakfast in Dacar Budhuq one morning during a road trip between Berbera and Hargeisa in 1986. The people were very friendly, the beer and canjeero were exquisite but, sadly, the name of the town (if one could call it that) matched its wretchedness. I hope with the change of the name the town has been transformed as well.

Castro   

^ Good luck finding bzzr in Las Geel. :D

I'm not sure about jiljilayc laga qaado beerka but what I do know is one look at that pot of Garow and I'd have eaten grass dipped in bird shidh. That stuff couldn't possibly be fit for human consumption.

Blessed   

^Akhas! Maxaa kugu kalifey?

The word blaadhan reminds me of ina Haybad Laambad's song..

cagohaagan balbalaadha,

balbalaadha, laadhan

laadhan...wada balaadhan

It's supposed to be amaan :D

Sorry RS, that link is a bit slow.. what is the new name?

I think they also should change the names of;

Dhuuso Mareeb (waxaan ahay reer Dhuuso Mareeb lol)

Bali Dhiig (I keep getting this image of a mass grave)

and others...

Castro   

That was just an allegory, good Blessed. Bird xaar was not on the three-item breakfast menu. There was suqaar (which ran out), beer and garow. And Dacar Budhuq back then was like a rest-stop of sorts on the Berbera-Borama turnpike. You'd have to pay toll to get off the highway so you're stuck making that stop at Laas Geel (formerly known as Dacar Budhuq). :D