Sign in to follow this  
Xafsa

Whats the difference

Xafsa   

Here is a question for my fellow nomads....Do you think there is a difference between loving someone and being in love with someone?

I have discussed this so many times with so many different people and the females usually see the difference..but the males think its all the same..they just see it as an eloborate play of words that females made up to confuse them!

Anyways my people...what do you think.

A word of advice to those of us that can't play nice....turn around and go back where you came from smile.gif

Peace and luv

Yeah i heard so much discussion about this.. But this is what i think.. I think to love someone is like to love your family friends siblings etc... But to be in love is like the kind of love between the opposite sex.. not friends.. but boyfriend/girlfriend and husband/wife. You don't necessary have to like someone to love them. For example sometimes your siblings can get on your last nerve but you still love them.. But i think to be in love with someone.. is to both love and like the person... lol ne way im confusing myself now i think i'll stop here... I'll let someone else give their opinion

Well basicly if someone loves me then there is a chance he might leave me or cheat because he dont believe in me yet.. but if he is "IN" love with me.. then i guess no matter what happens he will not leave me and i wont too, we shall come up with a reslotion to all of our problems, doesnt matter how big and complicated they are.. and if we ever broke up.. it will be really painful to forget about him..

Xafsa   

Simple woman adn bisad I agree with both of you.

The love you feel for your family or friends has to be different from the love you feel for your husband/man. You love your family/friends but are in love with your husband/man....this does not mean that one feeling is stronger than the other..but that they are different emotions being felt and cannot be compared.

peace and luv

Abdinuur   

I think there is a difference between "loving someone" and "being in-love with somebody."

Loving someone is similar to the love of family like you guys already described above. For example, you can love more than one person.

"Being in-love with somebody" is different in that you limit yourself to love that "one" particular person. Sometimes it's hard to tell if that "one" particular person feels the same way or loves you the same way as you do towards him/her.

Sometimes you can be in-love with a particular person forever.

Rokko   

BEING IN LOVE... Being in love includes some of the excitement of infatuation, especially in the beginning days and weeks of a relationship. There is the excitement of hearing your sweetie's voice on the telephone or staying up all night talking or the giddiness of finding out the things you have in common. Eventually, the newness of the relationship wears off and the "spark" may not be as strong; but this doesn't mean the relationship is over. This is normal and it's the point where you have to look at your feelings for the other person and figure out if you are losing interest, or whether your feelings are simply developing toward a higher level- more intense and lasting love.

LOVING SOMEONE ... Loving someone and building a solid relationship is an ongoing process; it will be filled with conflicts and resolutions and should never be taken for granted. To love or to be loved is the greatest gift one can give or receive from another.

Hope this helped aight....if not.. call up Doc Phil aight....lol

shyhem   

The end product of both is caring,so i don't c any difference.

Dem females will always come up with flashy words to describe simple and basic stuff.I'm surprised so far none of 'em has uttered the most annoying of all.........."i think i'm in love with the idea of love itself".

LadyMo   

"I love u but... :rolleyes:

aint in-love wid u!" :(

Aint dat just de best

dump-a-guy line eva?? icon_razz.gif

Girls do ya'll feel me?

Xafsa   

lol...exdane girl I know what your talking about...guys with their simple minds :D its easy to trick them... :D

Kool_Kat   

You luv your mom, dad, sister, brother, other family members and friends...You can luv so many ppl at one time...

But you can only be IN luv with only one person...I believe a person becomes "in-luv" by choice...I think being "in-luv" is all about sacrifices, and tolerance, and learning to luv someone unselfishly...It is the WILL to include and share your life with that other person...

In front of the person you luv, you're happy

In front of the person you're in-luv with, your heart jumps with joy and happinness

If the person you luv looks at you, you smile

If the person you're in luv with looks at you, you smile with kindness, and softness

When in-luv, your knees get weak, your heart filled with happy thoughts, you body shivers when touched, your lips tremble when kissed...That person can make your heart melt with just one look...

Danggggg, I must be in-luv or something...Cuz, I didn't know I can write all of this about being in-luv...Ohh well!!!

Kool_Kat   

Proud_Sista, why must you put me on the spot like that? I'll get you for this, you just watch...lol

To answer your question...YES, I am alwayz in-luv...If not with anyone else, then in-luv with myself...

I hope that answers your q...