Sign in to follow this  
Baluug

Since I'm planning a trip to London.....

Baluug   

I'll bring my Flames jersey with me and put on a British accent, so people don't automatically think I'm a tourist, and tell everyone that they're a Canadian footy team, hilarity will ensue.

Curly   

The guy wants information and everyone giving everything but that.

The best spots I think to start off with are the places like Spitalfields market on a Sunday morning its right near Liverpool Street. It's a very trendy and it'll give you a taste of London’s diversity but don't forget to walk down Brick lane.

There's always Camden lock which has some pretty wonderful finds and artwork but Goth dominated. You should also stop by the Columbia flower market it's very vibrant and inspiring and it's one of the oldest in the city. Obviously portabella on a Saturday morning but be prepared for a walk but i think you'll enjoy it with all those one off pieces.

Other places that are ideal are Hyde Park; stop by speakers corners on a Sunday for some off the wall entertainment. Go on a boat ride on the Thames from the city centre to Greenwich which is just so quaint and gorgeous. You walk on the GMT line where time beings and on a nice day around sunset walk along the bank on the Thames.

You can go to Tower Bridge but make sure you walk through Butlers Warf which has beautiful cobbled streets or cross the bridge to St Catherine’s docks and enjoy a Starbucks in the harbour surrounded by yachts.

Definitely get someone to drive you through London at night there’s a lovely route that pass through Knightsbridge, Trafalgar square, Westminster and Embankment, where you’ll see the famous Harrods building and all the fancy designer boutiques, obviously the statue of Lord Nelson (Nice place to sit and chill out on a hot night by the way), there’s the house of parliament and big Ben and along embankment you’ll get the best view of the London eye all lit up.

There’s bags more to see and do believe me, those were just some on the inexpensive ones mine you, by the way most of the museums and galleries have free access so you could also brush up on your knowledge.

Phew that was a lot aye? And people say London is boring!

Curly   

ps don't become one of the boring Somali tourists who spend more time indoors with relatives and their bad decor.

N.O.R.F   

^^Good pointers Sue.

I will also be a tourist this year and try to visit places I used to think were for American tourists :D

Baluug   

Just to let you guys know, I've booked my ticket and I will be in London from Sunday May 25th-Tuesday June 3rd. My flight lands in Heathrow at 10:30 am May 25th. Insha Allah.

N.O.R.F   

^^Waayahay. See you then.

When you're in London and travelling around the London Underground, make sure you stand on the left whilst going up and down the escalators,,,,