Sign in to follow this  
TopGirl

when are you planning to go back to somalia?

BOB   

Sorry to disappoint you bro...but there was no waardiye when I was a student there...perhaps you were not even born when I attended there :D

Peace, Love & Unity.

Hassan_B   

Originally posted by Abu-Salman:

Interesting, I'm amazed at how casually few say they do not plan to go back there, their own country!

Truth must be told, unless one is living in an islamic country, one has no choise but to emigrate (even then, one may lead a more productive life at home, depending on his circumstances).

Why limit oneself to Xamar or any other place of birth when most areas such as both Puntland and Somaliland are safe and most of us have links or relatives elsewhere?

Personally, I'm monitoring some familial business there and may thus soon move back home in Somalia, albeit relatives are now dispersed for wordly pursuits.

Not that my beloved Djibouti is not as Somali, but for those practical reasons as well as high living costs and a too liberal/secular atmosphere, I do largely prefer other Somali towns (Xamar is still my first choice though I may have to wait again)...

Some Ulama' have said that if you're safety and your ability to practice your deen is there that it is haraam for you to move from a non-Muslim country. Their reasoning is that if you leave then that means that those people don't have your presence as a Muslim for them to be guided to Islam and the goal is to spread to everywhere. So if some want to stay they are OK, religious wise, because at least there is/was a group of scholars who hold this view.

Baluug   

Originally posted by -Lily-:

Maybe when I'm old I'll retire on a beach front villa in Mogadishu/on one of the Islands off the Somali coast.

That's my plan too, insha Allah.

I'd love to go to Somalia. My husband has told me many wonderful stories about how is life was like. He left 2 months before the war happened. He is from Mugadishu. I'd love to go to Borama. I have heard so many wonderful things about it.

Tammy's Somali Home