Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Obama defends right to build mosque near 9/11 site

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Jacpher:

Ngonge: I fail to see how you linked a local issue to Gitmo.

That was a tough call for Obama but the right choice to make. As Fox News agrees, he had to stand up for the constitutions and articulate the commitment for religious freedom in this country to either worship or not worship, or build worship center, as an individual right guaranteed by the law of the land.

I thought the link was obvious, saaxib. OBAMA! :D

Norf, yours is the chest-beating kind of Islam, saaxib. A mosque is neither here nor there and all the hassle, trouble and resentment caused just to prove a simple point is really disappointing. Wax fahan.

N.O.R.F   

^Most people have indeed missed the point. What has been coming out has been written by a lazy and misleading media which has resulted in many Muslims agreeing with the opposition.

The point is, the Mosque has been there for a while. In an old factory. No hoohaa, no nonsense from media and people got on with their lives.

Now they want to build a proper mosque with all the facilities they need, there is outrage. Ground zero this ground zero that.

Trouble? Not really. Hassle? Yes. Resentment? No change.

NGONGE   

^^ War dee it's just a mosque. If it were there before or it wasn't makes no big deal. Stop getting worked up over nothing. Wax fahan. :D

North, stop with the half-truths already, this is more exhausting than expected. North, when you are wrong, you are just wrong.

Only one person missed the boat here and its you. You pay too much attention to the media and not enough attention to the opposition and why they object the park51 project. I told you, over and over again, no one cares when the building was bought(summer of 2009), who used the space since late 2009 as as an overflow space(imam faisal's words not mine) or what the plans of the project are, they just dont want this building altered in anyway, which means they want the ground zero masjid building project moved as far away as possible. So, now what were you saying again?

As far as your beloved imam faisal is concerned, he is such an apologist(and we both know u hate the apologists) that he is willing to consider building inter-faith chapel and a memorial for 9/11 families, imagine that? It went from being just a masjid to appeasing his critics, lol. (If this project ever materializes, I will be more than happy to go back to nyc and take pictures, especially one of the interfaith chapel and post it here for all to see)

PS:Geelka sweetie, I am not one to give answers that are of no concern to me but I am almost certain that if you posed the question to your hooyo, she will say something along the lines of "I hadn't know a 'DULI' before I had my son geeljire". You dont believe me? bal hadda orod oo weydii.

Ibtisam   

:eek: :eek: How did you guys go from the mosque to making it personal? Wa Ramadan people, go easy on each other.

So much attention and discussion about waxba. Ma xa la isla xiijin?

^I keep telling folks, put your emotions in check or be prepared to swim with the sharks and geelka keeps coming back for more of the same.

Ibtisam   

^^Adigu Lazy, horta Salan and Ramadan Mubarak. It is good to see you around. Laakin markasta you are on fire, daagal baa ka so haadey. Do you only come to SOL when you fancy having a fight? :D

Salan Ibti and RAMADAN KARIM to you too.

lol@fighting, no, I leave that at the ring but MURUN? I love murun but just so you know, no one protests as much as north, kaa waa king of murun.

North, waan iska kaa daaye, waaye, your murun is very exhausting and I just dont have energy oo aan kula murmo anymore than I already have. Ilaa iyo shale waa soo taagneed, knowing full well that you were on the wrong. Lets agree to disagree. Finally, as your old buddy's famous saying goes, "WAX FAHAN" ngonge, 2010.

As one columnist put it, it would be sacreligious and egregious if there were a Japanese cultural center next to Pearl Harbor, or a German cultural center looming over Treblinka, or a mosque at Ground Zero.

Of course, there's nothing wrong with cultural centers or mosques, but context is everything.

I'm told that it would be a good old sufi mosque, not some crazy salafi-wahabi center. Still, NY is a big city with beautiful real-estate. The folks who run the Cordoba Initiative should start improving "Muslim-West Relations" (sic) by choosing another site to build the mosque.

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

I don't want to be rude or disrespectful in any way to anybody here but brothers & sisters prophet Muhammad p.b.u.h gave 30 or so examples when describing the signs of the Munafiq (Hypocrite) marka brothers and sisters may allah s.w guide us all through the righteous path Insha Allah.

1.Falsehood and Lying

2.Treachery

3.Showing insolence and licentiousness in argumentation.

4.Breaking one's promise.

5.Laziness in worship.

6.Showing off.

7.Lack of remembrance of Allah.

8.Hastiness in prayer.

9.Slandering those who give themselves freely to good deeds from among the believers and the righteous.

10.Mocking the Qur'an, the Sunnah and the Messenger, sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam.

11.The protective oath.

12.Disliking to spend for the sake of Allah.

13.Desertion and abandonment of the Muslims.

14.Originating false rumours and causing sedition.

15.Finding fault with Allah's decree.

16.Bringing down the honour of the righteous.

17.Remaining away from the congregational prayer.

18.Causing mischilef while claiming to establish peace.

19.Outward behaviour contradicting what is in the heart.

20.Fear of unpleasant events, incidents and happenings.

21.False excuses.

22.Commanding the evil and preventing the good.

23.Tying one's hands back out of stinginess.

24.Forgetting Allah.

25.Denial of the promise of Allah s.w and His Messenger p.b.u.h.

26.Concern for the outward appearance and neglect of the innner condition.

27.Eloquence, long-winded speech, boasting and bragging.

28.Lack of understanding of the religion.

29.Not sinning in front of the people (due to fear of them) but showing boldness to Allah by committing sins in secrecy.

30.Rejoicing at the affliction of the believers with a calamity and being saddened at their being touched by joy and pleasure.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Prometheus...Islam is comparable to the Third Reich and the Japanese Imperial fascists?

Lazy....Obama politely reminded of the rights of people under the constitution and the Masjid is blocks away from the Ground Zero. Those who oppose have other agendas and this and other mosque projects including one in Staten Island is convenient tool to preach hate and farther certain political goals by whipping into frenzy through Islamophobia.