Sign in to follow this  
Scientist

Somalis in Britain

For those who live Britain Tonight there will be a programme about Bob Geldof's visit to 5 African Countries including Somalia, It will be broadcasted on BBC1 at 19:30 British summertime. So watch it and any analize page it here.

dawoco   

Seeing that traditional Dr was quite something, people with camel bones and goat foreheads, very strange and I have never hear dof that ever happening.

As for the programme, nice to see somali spaces and their beauties, other than that it was the same old cliches reinforced under a goodwill ambasador banner.

Sky   

The most interesting part was the doctor. Did you guys see the head of the guy in question? Half his head was missing!!! It was fascinating to learn that the patient actually survived with the bones of camels and goats. His body could have easily rejected the bones, but he recovered nonetheless.

The ridiculous border between Somaliland and Puntland was interesting to see.

And Laas Qoray had the honors to close the programme with its beautiful beach. The yellow crabs were fast man damn!

But the message of the programme was that Africa is the luminous continent, a beautiful continent that is different than the rest of the world.

Everything seemed pretty desolate to me.

Originally posted by Sky:

The ridiculous border between Somaliland and Puntland was interesting to see.

Yeah, that was funny. My mum laughed so hard she almost spilled her tea. :D

it was the same old cliches reinforced under a goodwill ambasador banner.

I thought so too.

Sky   

Yeah, that was funny. My mum laughed so hard she almost spilled her tea.

lool, it was funny indeed. My mum couldnt stop laughing. It was so ridiculous. Literally in the middle of nowhere.

The land of the Masai as always was beautiful. More so than the land of the Somalis.

Jamster   

What a beautiful country. The birth place of my grandfather looked like ghostly town; Las-Qorey though the he just captured the bad areas of the city in order to convey an appaling picture.

Sky   

farah, you could clearly see that Laas Qoray was once a striving porttown. You could see ruins of three storey buildings, Laas Qoray must have looked quite impressive in the old days.

I noticed how he tried to portray an appaling picture of Puntland/Somalia when he used rock music or something and scenes of militiamen in a technical racing through the desert.

It was very moving programme, it asked the question I always did to my self "WHY ALL THIS HATERADE" and killing, I really feel sometimes shame to be an African and A Somali, Where is the Logic?. but there was some optimism, to see the PPL of Hargaisa to raise from the ashes was really moving. Good luck to them. and God bless every peace lover.