Sign in to follow this  
Xalimopatra

Yankee Sol'ers

I will be in the DC come last day of this month Insha'Allah.

Since this is my third trip to the East Coast of the USA I want to be able to know of any cultural events/showcases PRIOR to me arriving.I always find out about cool events when it's too late :mad:

Aswell as DC/NoVa I will be visiting IL,FL,GA, and if I get enough time towards the end OH,MI,MN.I will be there through the whole month of August Insha'Allah.

Give me the info people!

STOIC   

^^^Just to prrove what you said I will advice her to go by Cafe Nema :D .If you are a conservative/religious Somali I wouldn't advice you to go there.It would be a shocker for you.I liked the owner(A nice fellow).It is on U street.As for cultural stuff I think DC museums would do you a justice.I would let you know more once you hit the South.Especially Atlanta.

Awlugeeye Ceeb,Ceeb niyow.I drove past Cafe Nema with my friend when we were about to go hit Adams Morgan.Apparently it's not a good destination for a low-key date.But I wouldn't know anything about that :D

My good friend is a Spelmanite hence another reason why I have to swing-by Atl Insha'Allah.I will let you know beforehand ,but seriously is Atl all there is to GA?

Sheh naa speak for yourself.I barely got a chance to eat good-old home cooked bariis the times I was there! :mad:

I'm off to bed!

STOIC   

It is not that scarry for a first date.Every one in there is a reer magaal.I doubt if they would mind a Somali couple dating.It is the only restaurant I found a Somali bartender(How cute?lol Istagfuruallah).Although I begged my girlfreind to dine there with me, but she adamantly refused.She was scared of meeting someone that knows her family in there.I like the Gorgetown area at night.You should take a stroll there at night.

You are more than welcome to PM me if you have any question whenever you are in A-town.Unless you want to go to Savannah there is nothing else in Georgia.It is a bit of a slow state.What do you expect it is the sleepy southern state.

Lol@Bartender... yes but imagine trying to woo a conservative Brit.Nobody knows me in DC so I wouldn't have the same problem as your girlfriend.Cafe Nema is probably the last place you'd choose,just from the outside with the red lights I was kind of put off.Def will try and check it out tho just for the laughs.

Georgetown is nice.Slightly preppy and people are cool.I loved Old town Alexandria tho.I would recommend the Fish Market joint.Really nice food and quiet too.DC overall is nice lakiin NOTHING and I mean nothing surprised me more then the rough side of DC.I was slightly naive upon my first arrival in DC because I thought it would all look so decent.I almost got into a duel with a Ethio cashier at a 7/11 downtown.Lordy....

Anyways I will def keep you posted.

G'Night

Dhimbil   

^Thank's for this post xalimo. I will be around DC soon for the first time, will definitely check out Cafe Nema.

Do we have DC nomads around? any other places to visit other than the official museums/parks?

Pujah   

xalimapatra, holla at moi when you reach the windy city I will give you proper yanke's welcome

Mehiya definately sis.Let me know if you need anything from London :D

Rudy I will be passing through L.A Christmas break on my way to New Zealand Insha'Allah.I will by all means do whatever is necessary to avoid you.I mean that in the nicest way possible smile.gif Ps I think you would look very cute in a itsy bitsy teeny bikini ;)

Khaalid You're wlc bro.I too want to know the same thing.I have seen the Memorial,Guurigi cadaan and all of the usual touristy things.

Savannah there is nothing else in Georgia

I would definately recommend Savannah XalimoPatra. It is charming southern town with prefect little garden squares. I was there 06 new year.

Sucks ain't coming to beantown Xamilo icon_razz.gif

Che' Marka hore salaams walaalo!

Mida kale Adeer 'You know who' wants me to come down to Boston but there is bearly much time as I have so many commitments all over the place.I will try to come Insha'Allah as me and the girls only got to spend a little time there last and had a blast :D

Insha'Allah if I lengthen my stay by a extra bit we shall see.I will keep you posted.

Thanks for the tip on Savannah.How far is it from Atl?Time to do some Googling!

BOB   

Xalimopatra,

Adeer Salam Aleikum W.W marka hore, marka xigana adeer waxaan rabaa inaan wax yar oo waano ah ku siiyo adigoo raali ka ah.

Gawaarida iska fiiri...oo jidka ha galin adigoo labada dhinac iska fiirin...nalka haduu gaduud yahay laamiga hau dhowaan, cagaar haduu yahay macnaha waa carar oo kabaha intaad gacmaha ku qabsato si aadan ukufin u carar sidii adeerkaa Cigaal Shidaad...haduu jaale yahayna waa is diyaari oo markaas kabah la bax.

Adeer...dadka mareykanka ah waa dad noocyo badan isugu jira oo waxee leeyihiin madoow, indhayar iyo kuwo aan illaa iyo hada la ogeeyn meel ay kasoo jeedaan laakiin waxaa loogu yeeraa Hindo, mana aha sababtoo ah uma eka kuwii aad taqaanay oo aad filimaadka ka daawan jirtay, marka haka cararin haduu nin Indhayar ah ku yiraahdo waxaan ahay Mareykan...

Adeer...Aqalka cad aad maqleyso ma aha Aqalkii aan naqaanay ee waa daar ka weyn tan waddankeena ugu weyn iskana ilaali oo waxaa laga ilaaliyaa dadka Muslimka ah oo hau dhowaan yaan lagu xirin intee kugu sheegaan Terrorist.

Adeer...wixii intaas dheer oo aad ubaahantahay ilasoo socodsii oo taar isoo d!r...waxaan joogaa suuqa oo aad iga heleysaa.

Adeer...Safar Salaama oo Ilaahey haku nabadgeeyo nabadna hakuugu soo celiyo...teeda kale islaantii eedadaa eheed oo aan qabay wey aradantahay oo dhar ukeen anigana macawiis iyo kabo sookal ah iikeen oo aan salaada Ciida kusoo tukado Insha Allah.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Salam Aleikum W.W